Have you noticed how different it is

Lowrider

Once the scripted plays are gone. We score on our early possessions of the game. Doesn't matter who the QB is. Then we struggle the rest of the game to put up points.

We get very 1 dimensional. Keep them unbalance with the safe throws for JJ. We also have to use playaction better and let JJ keep it a couple of times on the ZR.

Gus is the HC as well as the OC.....when he gets a lead, he puts on his HC hat and starts trying to figure how to shorten the game.....which means slowing things down.....

Gus is the HC as well as the OC.....when he gets a lead, he puts on his HC hat and starts trying to figure how to shorten the game.....which means slowing things down.....

When did he start that. I'd like to know the year.

Thought the same thing about his comments concerning CRL.

Just do not understand why we don't keep the pressure on them with our offense and the use of pace? Looks like two different offenses.

Came across to me as a, "see, Rhett's my boy". Rare to here a coach mention the OC in that situation. At least he's aware of the dissatisfaction with his boy.

I agree. I think Gus' instinct is to just put the hammer down but it is all about the W. Now that the team is playing better, I think you will see more of what we are used to from him in terms of play calling and strategy.

I don't think he needs to compliment RL to the public to save his job or placate the fans. RL runs the system Gus gave him and if they look at film and see a problem I am sure he will tell him what changes to make. I don't think there is a sliver of daylight between those two. He would not have to ask anyone else's opinion if he did not think RL was up to the job and needed to go.

I'm not so sure that Gus isn't too invested in Rhett to send him packing. Unless Rhett matures a lot in his play calling, this offense will continue to struggle and not achieve it's full potential. I don't think we will see Gus let him go, the best that can happen is someone offer him a chance to coach somewhere else and get out from under his mentor.

Archived