Climate Change Claims Nonsense?

Proud Tiger

I suppose the late Michael Crichton ( Harvard BS & Harvard MD ) was an idiot as well, when it came to climate change.

He was a denier, btw.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like he would publish a book of flimsily researched psuedoscience. :rolleyes:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose the late Michael Crichton ( Harvard BS & Harvard MD ) was an idiot as well, when it came to climate change.

He was a denier, btw.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like he would publish a book of flimsily researched psuedoscience. :rolleyes:/>

It was meant to be fiction, unlike algores pile of crap, posing as " science.

He was a denier, btw.

Yeah. I mean, it's not like he would publish a book of flimsily researched psuedoscience. :rolleyes:/>

Tell that to James Inhofe, and the scientists whose work he misrepresented.

How did the squirrel get on the island miles from any other land mass?

He was a denier, btw.

Tell that to James Inhofe, and the scientists whose work he misrepresented.

Huh? Now you're babbling, and not making any sense. I read that book years ago, and have it. It was well done, and more importantly, it expressed the forces which were behind the $ side of the AGW nonsense.

But that isn't even the point. Michael Crichton was a very intelligent man, who saw through the hype and hysteria of AGW. The claim that one must be an idiot to NOT see that AGW is real is absurd. Belittling the intelligence of " deniers " is the lamest attempt to sway the argument.

That's the point. Not how accurate a fictional book was on this or that work. Good grief.

Huh? Now you're babbling, and not making any sense. I read that book years ago, and have it. It was well done, and more importantly, it expressed the forces which were behind the $ side of the AGW nonsense.

But that isn't even the point. Michael Crichton was a very intelligent man, who saw through the hype and hysteria of AGW. The claim that one must be an idiot to NOT see that AGW is real is absurd. Belittling the intelligence of " deniers " is the lamest attempt to sway the argument.

That's the point. Not how accurate a fictional book was on this or that work. Good grief.

You think it was well done because it appeals to your twisted biases. Nothing more. It's a conspiracy! :ucrazy:

Well done, my ass. Ask Peter Doran, who still has to put up with all sorts of bull**** to this day because his study was misrepresented in Crichton's novel.

Our results have been misused as “evidence” against global warming by Michael Crichton in his novel “State of Fear” and by Ann Coulter in her latest book, “Godless: The Church of Liberalism.” Search my name on the Web, and you will find pages of links to everything from climate discussion groups to Senate policy committee documents — all citing my 2002 study as reason to doubt that the earth is warming. One recent Web column even put words in my mouth. I have never said that “the unexpected colder climate in Antarctica may possibly be signaling a lessening of the current global warming cycle.” I have never thought such a thing either.

I'm sorry, it was extremely well done. Do you like that? But, I see you want to ignore the primary issue, that one must be some sort of idiot to be a " denier ". Again, my point is that many very smart people are skeptical about AGW.

I'm sorry, it was extremely well done. Do you like that? But, I see you want to ignore the primary issue, but i
t takes an idiot to believe that this hoax isn't being perpetrated
. Again, my point is that many very smart people are skeptical about AGW.

The master of comedic irony strikes again!
:laugh:

Scientific Consensus on Global Warming

Scientific societies and scientists have released statements and studies showing the growing consensus on climate change science. A common objection to taking action to reduce our heat-trapping emissions has been uncertainty within the scientific community on whether or not global warming is happening and if it is caused by humans. However, there is now an overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming is indeed happening and humans are contributing to it. Below are links to documents and statements attesting to this consensus.

Scientific Societies

"Indeed, strong observational evidence and results from modeling studies indicate that, at least over the last 50 years, human activities are a major contributor to climate change." (February 2007)

• American Physical Society: Statement on Climate Change
    "The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)

• American Geophysical Union: Human Impacts on Climate
    "The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century." (Adopted December 2003, Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007)

• American Association for the Advancement of Science: AAAS Board Statement on Climate Change
    "The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (December 2006)

• Geological Society of America: Global Climate Change
    "The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)

• American Chemical Society: Statement on Global Climate Change
    "There is now general agreement among scientific experts that the recent warming trend is real (and particularly strong within the past 20 years), that most of the observed warming is likely due to increased atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations, and that climate change could have serious adverse effects by the end of this century." (July 2004)

National Science Academies

• U.S. National Academy of Sciences: Understanding and Responding to Climate Change
    "The scientific understanding of climate change is now sufficiently clear to justify taking steps to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere." (2005)

• International academies: Joint science academies’ statement: Global response to climate change
    "Climate change is real. There will always be uncertainty in understanding a system as complex as the world’s climate. However there is now strong evidence that significant global warming is occurring." (2005, 11 national academies of science)

• International academies The Science of Climate Change
    "Despite increasing consensus on the science underpinning predictions of global climate change, doubts have been expressed recently about the need to mitigate the risks posed by global climate change. We do not consider such doubts justified." (2001, 16 national academies of science)

Research
  • National Research Council of the National Academies, America’s Climate Choices
    "Most of the recent warming can be attributed to fossil fuel burning and other human activities that release carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping greenhouse gases into the atmosphere." America's Climate Choices, Advancing the Science of Climate Change, 2010

• U.S. Climate Change Research Program, Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States (2009)
    "Global warming is unequivocal and primarily human-induced. Global temperature has increased over the past 50 years. This observed increase is due primarily to human-induced emissions of heat-trapping gases."

• Examining the Scientific Consensus on Climate Change, Peter T. Doran and Maggie Kendall Zimmerman
    "It seems that the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes."
    Doran surveyed 10,257 Earth scientists. Thirty percent responded to the survey which asked: 1. When compared with pre-1800s levels, do you think that mean global temperatures have generally risen, fallen, or remained relatively constant? and 2. Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures?

• Beyond the Ivory Tower: The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change, Naomi Oreskes
    "Oreskes analyzed 928 abstracts published in refereed scientific journals between 1993 and 2003 and listed in the ISI database with the keywords 'climate change.'... Of all the papers, 75 percent either explicitly or implicitly accepted the consensus view that global warming is happening and humans are contributing to it; 25 percent dealt with methods or ancient climates, taking no position on current anthropogenic [human-caused] climate change. Remarkably, none of the papers disagreed with the consensus position."

Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
  • Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis, IPCC, 2007. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change [solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M.Tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.)]. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA.

• “Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level”
    “Most of the observed increase in global average temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations.”
    IPCC defines "very likely" as greater than 90% probability of occurrence.

Sign-on Statements

"We want to assure you that the science is strong and that there is nothing abstract about the risks facing our Nation." (2011)

• Climate Change and the Integrity of Science
    Signed by 255 members of the National Academy of Sciences. "... For a problem as potentially catastrophic as climate change, taking no action poses a dangerous risk for our planet. ... The planet is warming due to increased concentrations of heat-trapping gases in our atmosphere. ...Most of the increase in the concentration of these gases over the last century is due to human activities, especially the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation." (2010)

• U.S. Scientists and Economists' Call for Swift and Deep Cuts in Greenhouse Gas Emissions
    "We call on our nation's leaders to swiftly establish and implement policies to bring about deep reductions in heat-trapping emissions. The strength of the science on climate change compels us to warn the nation about the growing risk of irreversible consequences as global average temperatures continue to increase over pre-industrial levels (i.e. prior to 1860). As temperatures rise further, the scope and severity of global warming impacts will continue to accelerate." (2008)

• Increase Your Leadership on Global Warming: A Letter from California Scientists
    "If emissions continue unabated, the serious consequences of a changing climate for California are likely to include a striking increase in extreme heat and heat-related mortality, significant reductions in Sierra snowpack with severe impacts on water supply, mounting challenges to agricultural production, and sea-level rise leading to more widespread erosion of California’s beaches and coastline." (2005)

http://www.ucsusa.or...ml#.VlX7E3arRGl

Biggest Fraud In History – Perpetrated By Tom Karl And Gavin Schmidt

Posted on November 25, 2015 by tonyheller

Earth’s atmosphere has not warmed for decades, as shown by both satellites and radiosonde data.

2015-11-24-04-50-35.png

2015-11-24-04-39-53.png

However, the White House is desperate to create a fake climate legacy, and had their employees at NOAA and NASA tamper with temperature data – so that 100% fraudulent headlines like this could come out ahead of the Paris conference.

More http://realclimatescience.com/

Earth’s atmosphere has not warmed for decades, as shown by both satellites and radiosonde data.

However, the White House is desperate to create a fake climate legacy, and had their employees at NOAA and NASA tamper with temperature data – so that 100% fraudulent headlines like this could come out ahead of the Paris conference.

From the very first page:

The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance

Posted on October 1, 2015 by tonyheller

The White House is engaged in a massive climate scam, which involves many billions of dollars and has infected the academic community. They are currently planning to attempt to silence whistleblowers, via intimidation and kangaroo court RICO prosecutions.

The last thing they would want would be whistleblowers like me (who would blow their scam wide open) on the witness stand, so it is safe to assume that whatever they are planning will involve gag orders and secret tribunals under the guise of “national security.” It would be the equivalent of the Bush administration prosecuting Iraq war dissenters.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To paraphrase a great intellectual, it takes a real idiot to buy into the denier propaganda.

From the very first page:

The Price Of Freedom Is Eternal Vigilance

Posted on October 1, 2015 by tonyheller

The White House is engaged in a massive climate scam, which involves many billions of dollars and has infected the academic community. They are currently planning to attempt to silence whistleblowers, via intimidation and kangaroo court RICO prosecutions.

The last thing they would want would be whistleblowers like me (who would blow their scam wide open) on the witness stand, so it is safe to assume that whatever they are planning will involve gag orders and secret tribunals under the guise of “national security.” It would be the equivalent of the Bush administration prosecuting Iraq war dissenters.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To paraphrase a great intellectual, it takes a real idiot to buy into the denier propaganda.

Or in other words "Hide the Decline." Alarmist mantra - DENY THE LIE.

The "decline"? :dunno:

Reminds me of how some in the media were shocked to find out that Hillary lied when talking to congress.

The "decline"? :dunno:

Reminds me of how some in the media were shocked to find out that Hillary lied when talking to congress.

Don't understand the question huh? Do I need to explain it?

I'm confident that it's you who doesn't understand much at all, but hey, knock yourself out. Feel free to give it your best shot.

I'm confident that it's you who doesn't understand much at all, but hey, knock yourself out. Feel free to give it your best shot.

Do you not understand that declining temperatures means the earth is getting cooler? Show me where anyone has claimed the earth is getting cooler.

Do you not understand that declining temperatures means the earth is getting cooler? Show me where anyone has claimed the earth is getting cooler.

The ' hide the decline ' argument .

“I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.” Phil Jones

The ' hide the decline ' argument .

“I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.” Phil Jones

I didn't see anything about the earth getting cooler. Show me.

I showed you. You're not getting it. Read the link provided.

I showed you. You're not getting it. Read the link provided.

Right. It's just way too difficult for you to find it (again) and quote it. :laugh:

I try to remind folks of the BIG picture, and how humans are really really really new to this planet, but no one wants to listen. So many want to focus on the last 100 years or so, and can't comprehend the Earth is BILLIONS of years old.

I try to remind folks of the BIG picture, and how humans are really really really new to this planet, but no one wants to listen. So many want to focus on the last 100 years or so, and can't comprehend the Earth is BILLIONS of years old.

Yeah, all those scientists are really stupid not to consider the background of natural influences on climate. :-\

Perhaps you need to try harder in educating them to the BIG picture. :laugh:

Archived