Climate Change Claims Nonsense?

Proud Tiger

Global Warming alarmist want us to believe we are going to kill ourselves, but they don't cut out carbon emissions for themselves. Practice what you preach. If you really believe it is happening then you would do your best to not have any part of adding to the issue. Why not do video conference instead of all flying to a central location. They just want to cut out/control other peoples use of it and TAX it. This is what BIG Govt does.

12314471_971554136265516_6057788893046345647_o.jpg

Obama's air travel alone, to this one conference, will use almost 20,000 gallons of jet fuel, which is enough to fill a good sized, in ground back yard swimming pool.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al Gore has a degree in government and law. What made him an expert?

Who said he was? :dunno:

Hollywood, Politicians, Corporatists, Crony Capitalist, and the lemming left in general. :-\

I think I may see part of your problem. You are depending on the wrong people for your scientific information.

Specious doesn't mean what you think it means. , homer.

Oh, I think it does. Look it up.

I don't have to, because I already know the definition. The problem is that you failed to understand that my point is accurate, legitimate, and real. All that fossil fuel burned by the attendees at the conference, it adds "carbon footprint" of the dreaded AGW crisis.

True enough, but if your real intent is to disparage either the meeting or the purpose of the meeting, it's a specious argument. A classical example in fact.

Global Warming alarmist want us to believe we are going to kill ourselves, but they don't cut out carbon emissions for themselves. Practice what you preach. If you really believe it is happening then you would do your best to not have any part of adding to the issue. Why not do video conference instead of all flying to a central location. They just want to cut out/control other peoples use of it and TAX it. This is what BIG Govt does.

I have a question. (1) When did the term "alarmist" become such vogue with deniers? Sounds like another wimpy, begging-the-question, semantic that you guys love so much.

(2) Anyway, how would you define a climate "alarmist"?

Here's another: (3) Where did this standard of offering up extreme personal sacrifice become mandatory in order to take a position recommending we reduce our carbon footprint as a society?

Finally, can you please define the minimal carbon reduction required for an individual to have such a position?

Serious questions and I am asking respectfully.

You just can't make this stuff up. On the heels of 11/13, and the Charlie Hebdo attack , back in January of this year, Obama had this to say...

“I say this every time we’ve got one of the mass shootings, this doesn’t happen in other countries.”

http://www.theblaze....ned-parenthood/

:headscratch:

Really, Mr President ???

142 deaths in just those 2 events , in 1 city, and Obama actually says, IN PUBLIC , things like this ( CO Springs shooting deaths of 3 ) just don't happen in other countries.

Yeah, we know: OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!......

But could we at least stick to the thread topic? :-\

Obama's air travel alone, to this one conference, will use almost 20,000 gallons of jet fuel, which is enough to fill a good sized, in ground back yard swimming pool.

pffffft......You call that a "good size" pool? :rolleyes:

You just can't make this stuff up. On the heels of 11/13, and the Charlie Hebdo attack , back in January of this year, Obama had this to say...

“I say this every time we’ve got one of the mass shootings, this doesn’t happen in other countries.”

http://www.theblaze....ned-parenthood/

:headscratch:/>

Really, Mr President ???

142 deaths in just those 2 events , in 1 city, and Obama actually says, IN PUBLIC , things like this ( CO Springs shooting deaths of 3 ) just don't happen in other countries.

Yeah, we know: OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!......

But could we at least stick to the thread topic? :-\/>

Obama was at the Paris conference, and brought up the shooting in C. Springs. HE was the one who talked about it, trying to make it political. As he ALWAYS does.

You don't get it, do you ? Or you do, and simply want to ignore the irony of him making about the dumbest comment of ANY US President - EVER , while in a foreign city, which had been the scene of 2 " mass shootings " with in the past year.

Oh, but stay on topic, huh ?

yúbèn Hwoon dahn

pffffft......You call that a "good size" pool? :rolleyes:/>

I know it is for a back yard home pool, damn straight. And that's just one of Barry's trips, of many he's taken, which is utterly useless. Far less fuel than he spends going to and from Hawaii every damn Christmas.

Odd that you'd want to fuss over such minor but factual matters as this but not be in the least bit upset over the waste & burning of jet fuel , adding to this imaginary crisis.

pffffft......You call that a "good size" pool? :rolleyes:/>

I know it is for a back yard home pool, damn straight. And that's just one of Barry's trips, of many he's taken, which is utterly useless. Far less fuel than he spends going to and from Hawaii every damn Christmas.

Odd that you'd want to fuss over such minor but factual matters as this but not be in the least bit upset over the waste & burning of jet fuel , adding to this imaginary crisis.

That wasn't a "fuss". It was a mockery. :rolleyes:

Over the most inane & trivial of matters.

That's certainly the foundation for mocking it.

By ignoring the point? Whether 20,000 gallons is or is not a typical size for a backyard pool, misses the point. But then, that's what I have come to expect from you.

Over the most inane & trivial of matters.

That's certainly the foundation for mocking it.

By ignoring the point? Whether 20,000 gallons is or is not a typical size for a backyard pool, misses the point. But then, that's what I have come to expect from you.

Duuuuh.... :-\

It's your "point" I was mocking.

I guess you don't understand . You're ignoring the fact that this president is wastefully burning 20,000 gallons of jet fuel. That's the same sort of carbon emitting pollution that he claims he's fighting against. What about this do you not comprehend ?

I guess you don't understand . You're ignoring the fact that this president is wastefully burning 20,000 gallons of jet fuel. That's the same sort of carbon emitting pollution that he claims he's fighting against. What about this do you not comprehend ?

I'm not sure I understand or not. You need to clarify. I get that Obama burned 20,000 gals of jet fuel (for starters) but what is your point?

Is it that burning 20,000 gal of jet fuel is going to have measurable effect on AGW?

Or is it you feel that the POTUS should take a sail boat to Paris for symbolic reasons?

Or is it something else?

I asked Auburn4life a variation of this question in post #80: "Where did this standard of offering up extreme personal sacrifice become mandatory in order to take a position recommending we reduce our carbon footprint as a society?" Still waiting on his response.

But you seem to want to pursue this, so tell us why.

50,000 attendees, security, and reporters all showing up, consuming fossil fuels to get there, to travel around the city... there is no question all this is completely for show, and not 1 damn thing to do w/ " saving the planet ".

You HAVE to know this, and are acting dense, for what ever reason.

Obama seeks center stage in this charade, and his carbon footprint is probably larger than other leaders, when you toss in staff, security and it becomes evident this is a HUGE party, and all for no real purpose.

Obama even recycled the same damn lines he's used before,

" This was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick , and good jobs for the jobless , this was the moment when the rise in the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal... " Obama, DNC convention, 2008.

" This is the moment we finally determined we would save our planet ... " Obama @ COP21 2015.

Obama is ever the campaigner, ever the sloganeer, and never the uniter, or the leader.

50,000 attendees, security, and reporters all showing up, consuming fossil fuels to get there, to travel around the city... there is no question all this is completely for show, and not 1 damn thing to do w/ " saving the planet ".

You HAVE to know this, and are acting dense, for what ever reason.

First, let me give you a hint: not "everyone" agrees this is just for show. It's a start. Considering the nature of denialism and the human reaction to change, it's not likely the last "start" either.

But back to the point: What I don't know exactly is the percent of the incremental carbon emissions produced specifically by this conference relative to the total carbon emissions emitted globally over the same period.

But you seem to have a pretty good idea of it. How about sharing?

(Probably best to use scientific notation, as I suspect there are going to be a lot of decimal points. ;) )

Obama seeks center stage in this charade, and his carbon footprint is probably larger than other leaders, when you toss in staff, security and it becomes evident this is a HUGE party, and all for no real purpose.

Obama even recycled the same damn lines he's used before,

" This was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick , and good jobs for the jobless , this was the moment when the rise in the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal... " Obama, DNC convention, 2008.

" This is the moment we finally determined we would save our planet ... " Obama @ COP21 2015.

Obama is ever the campaigner, ever the sloganeer, and never the uniter, or the leader.

This is much easier to respond to:

OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA!

:laugh:

So you have no thought, no synapse firing when you see a quote from candidate Obama from '08 nearly identical to one made by President Obama, 2015 ?

Shows how truly brain washed you are. Question nothing.

So you have no thought, no synapse firing when you see a quote from candidate Obama from '08 nearly identical to one made by President Obama, 2015 ?

This sounds like evasion to me. Are you going to explain the logic behind your outrage of Obama flying to the conference or not? I asked specific questions to clarify this.

This sounds like evasion to me. Are you going to explain the logic behind your outrage of Obama flying to the conference or not? I asked specific questions to clarify this.

I've already explained this. I won't explain it again. If you need closure, read the thread again. Read slowly, if need be.

I've already explained this. I won't explain it again. If you need closure, read the thread again. Read slowly, if need be.

What's the matter? Too embarrassed to defend your posts?

That's what happens when you post something so mindless. Seems like a lot of our exchanges end this way.

Archived