Climate Change Claims Nonsense?

Proud Tiger

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea James Spann isn't very bright, got it.

Based on his comments, he's certainly not very bright concerning the scientific consensus on AGW. That was a totally bogus explanation.

Yea James Spann isn't very bright, got it.

Willfully ignorant.

Or unimpressed by the choreographed propaganda masking as "science ".

Look to China for your problems to tackle. They are the biggest polluters on the planet. Start w/ their smog and co2 production, if you want to do anything.

Former AGW proponent, Judith Curry, speaks on the tactics of AW scientists.

https://www.youtube....h?v=q-jttIlY2mQ

Judith Curry is not a denier. She is talking more about process and politics than substance. In fact, her criticisms are a normal - and useful - part of the scientific process. The problem is more with the politicalization of the subject as a whole than her views.

http://www.nature.co...s.2010.577.html

"Climate skeptics have seized on Curry's statements to cast doubt on the basic science of climate change. So it is important to emphasize that nothing she encountered led her to question the science; she still has no doubt that the planet is warming, that human-generated greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide, are in large part to blame, or that the plausible worst-case scenario could be catastrophic. She does not believe that the Climategate e-mails are evidence of fraud or that the IPCC is some kind of grand international conspiracy. What she does believe is that the mainstream climate science community has moved beyond the ivory tower into a type of fortress mentality, in which insiders can do no wrong and outsiders are forbidden entry.

I highly recommend reading the entire article linked above to better understand the Judith Curry "controversy".

She explains what happened when she began to question AGW and why younger scientists are afraid to express contrary opinions:

Her written testimony:

http://www.commerce.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/f739759e-3f1b-447e-a1eb-d42bbe70454e/FBA0C80EBB0D0B6545922F1D45D18C75.dr.-judith-curry-testimony.pdf

She explains what happened when she began to question AGW and why younger scientists are afraid to express contrary opinions:

Her written testimony:

http://www.commerce....y-testimony.pdf

How about quoting the parts that you think support your argument and let's examine them.

homer, you're engaging in the most tedious, pointless sort of picking of nits on this topic, and I have to wonder why. It's crystal clear to anyone who saw the video AFTiger posted where Ms Curry and Mark Steyn completely school Senator " Biz " Markey . Her position is no where near in doubt, yet you want to carry on w/ this nonsense.

Why?

:laugh:

I tossed in the 'Biz' part, just for snorts and giggles.

homer, you're engaging in the most tedious, pointless sort of picking of nits on this topic, and I have to wonder why. It's crystal clear to anyone who saw the video AFTiger posted where Ms Curry and Mark Steyn completely school Senator " Biz " Markey . Her position is no where near in doubt, yet you want to carry on w/ this nonsense.

Why?

Because there is nothing in your reference material that supports your conclusions.

That's exactly why you can't quote a paragraph that does so.

Why?

Because there is nothing in your reference material that supports your conclusions.

MY reference material ?

You ARE confused!

Why?

MY reference material ?

You ARE confused!

Yes, the article or clip you are talking from.

But again, you fail to answer my question: Is it your contention that Judith Curry's position is that AGW is false?

If not, what are we talking about? Maybe I am confused. What are you talking about?

You believe what you want

Homer is only doing what trolls do. Prolong the argument and declare victory.

Yep. Just adding on to the childish nit picking and snarking. Try to hyper analyze each minor point until he finds an apostrophe out of place or left off, then say " SEE ? You don't know what you 're talking about ! " ,or some such pathetic tactic.

Truly sad individuals.

OK, what is your claim?

Do you claim that Judith Curry denies the reality of AGW?

Yep. Just adding on to the childish nit picking and snarking. Try to hyper analyze each minor point until he finds an apostrophe out of place or left off, then say " SEE ? You don't know what you 're talking about ! " ,or some such pathetic tactic.

Truly sad individuals.

Yet you are the one who continually evades simple questions that are basic to the proposition on the table. You won't even confirm your position. How's that "nit-picking"?

You all are just butt hurt because I continually expose your weak-assed posts. You can't stand up to me.

Archived