SEC is garbage this year...

HarpyTrain

.... and doesn't deserve a playoff spot.

EAST:

-East champ (chumps) Florida: 1) needs OT to get past a 2-9 C-USA team AT HOME, 2) barely got past a now 5-6 ECU team from the AAC and 3) barely got past Vanderbilt. All of those games were IN GAINESVILLE.

A side note to that: Houston beat Vanderbilt 34-0 (their worst loss all season) the weak before.

-Georgia and Tennessee: next two teams are both 3 loss teams. Tennessee at least has an offense and has gotten better as the season has progressed; still not good at winning big games. Georgia: Offense is downright un-offensive. Yea they put 20 on auburn, but our defense..... well. Seriously THuGa, you needed OT to beat Georgia Southern???? AT HOME????

-USCe: do I really need to say anything about this?

-Vandy, Mizzou, UK: all pathetic.

WEST:

Where do you even begin?????

-LSU: didn't just lose 3 in a row; was BLOWN OUT 3 games in a row!!!!

-Ole miss : lost to Memphis, is 8-3 with a chance of winning the West. Could anyone imagine a 3 loss SEC champ with one of those losses being to MEMPHIS??

-Bama: a team that lost AT HOME to Ole Miss in a game they NEVER led. At the very least they've gotten better against the crappy SEC competition they've faced.

-Texas A&M: lucky to put 10 points on the scoreboard against us with a shot at finishing 3rd in our division.

-Arkansas: lost to Toledo!!! Toledo! At home!

Auburn: do I even need to say the name: Jacksonville State??

Some of the Non SEC teams that have beaten SEC teams this Season: Houston, Toledo, Memphis, and THE CITADEL. THE CITADEL. Just let that sink in for a bit. Those teams all beat SEC teams this season alone.

Get it together SEC; this is a trainwreck this season! :puke:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad part is that the SEC Champs will still be one of the best teams in the country, if not the best. All of college football is down this year, a lot of rebuilding. You see all the coaches being fired?

It's not garbage. It's not the dominant league it has been. Quarterback play hasn't been there. That gives the perception of ineptitude. UF with Grier is a different team. Not great but better. There are no great teams in college football this year. I think anyone of about 5 or 6 teams can win the championship. One gets hot like OSU did last year and there you are.

Sad part is that the SEC Champs will still be one of the best teams in the country, if not the best. All of college football is down this year, a lot of rebuilding. You see all the coaches being fired?

That is a :homer: statement if I ever saw one. Sorry bud, but Clemson, UNC, FSU Pitt, Iowa, Baylor, Ok state, ND Mich St, Michigan, and Oklahoma are all teams that could beat Bama or Florida and do so easily. The B1G, ACC and Big 12 all have teams playing better than most of the SEC. Heck AAC is looking better than the SEC this season. About the only P5 conference that looks worse than the SEC is the PAC12. And quite frankly, Stanford, Utah or UCLA could beat Bama on any given day. Face it, the SEC dominance is done. Its the SEC that really needs rebuilding. :-\

No great teams this year? The homerism on this board stinks! Get real ya'll Iowa, Clemson, and ND are all playing excellent football on both sides of the ball. Everybody likes to say the Big 12 doesn't play defense. I guess everyone forgot how TCU buried Ole Miss in a bowl game last season. Sorry to give y'all a reality check but the truth is the Big 12 doesn't look like it plays defense because the offenses in that league are miles ahead of anything in the SEC this year. Need proof? Check the Ole Miss/TCU bowl game at the end of last season; check the score of the Ole Miss/Arky game then compare that to the Tx Tech/Arky game this year. Listen, I'm as big a fan of the SEC as anyone and that's why I started this post; it's the stinking truth but it's the truth. The big teams in a P5 conference should never ALL be struggling with lower conference matchups at home. One team here or there, yes. But for all of them to struggle with these teams is just crap.

That is a :homer: statement if I ever saw one. Sorry bud, but Clemson, UNC, FSU Pitt, Iowa, Baylor, Ok state, ND Mich St, Michigan, and Oklahoma are all teams that could beat Bama or Florida and do so easily. The B1G, ACC and Big 12 all have teams playing better than most of the SEC. Heck AAC is looking better than the SEC this season. About the only P5 conference that looks worse than the SEC is the PAC12. And quite frankly, Stanford, Utah or UCLA could beat Bama on any given day. Face it, the SEC dominance is done. Its the SEC that really needs rebuilding. :-\

This is just a whole bunch of your OPINION and nothing more. Sure those teams may be able to beat uat and florida, but its also possible that uat and florida both shut down the offenses of the other and win those games as well. Making those as absolute statements is ludicrous when you can't prove any of it.

This is just a whole bunch of your OPINION and nothing more. Sure those teams may be able to beat uat and florida, but its also possible that uat and florida both shut down the offenses of the other and win those games as well. Making those as absolute statements is ludicrous when you can't prove any of it.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Yeah - those results and numbers are all opinion :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: Man y'all get butthurt over facts. I love Auburn and always want to feel like we play the best teams. But I ain't so blind I can't see that this conference sucks this year. And shoot we'll prolly beat Bama anyways; but if we don't it doesn't matter because they'll get torched by any team they wind up playing in the semi-finals. Saban can barely handle a Gus offense and the last time he faced a Big 12 Offense he got blown away with his QB on his butt the last play of the game. But whatever. I don't even care for the rest of the SEC aside from A&M, Mizzou, and USCe. So when they suck I ain't blinded by the conference homerism. Guess it sucks for those of y'all that can't handle some truthery and facts :-X

So what's the point of all this?

He's . . .

Yeah - those results and numbers are all opinion :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: Man y'all get butthurt over facts. I love Auburn and always want to feel like we play the best teams. But I ain't so blind I can't see that this conference sucks this year. And shoot we'll prolly beat Bama anyways; but if we don't it doesn't matter because they'll get torched by any team they wind up playing in the semi-finals. Saban can barely handle a Gus offense and the last time he faced a Big 12 Offense he got blown away with his QB on his butt the last play of the game. But whatever. I don't even care for the rest of the SEC aside from A&M, Mizzou, and USCe. So when they suck I ain't blinded by the conference homerism. Guess it sucks for those of y'all that can't handle some truthery and facts :-X

Yeah - those results and numbers are all opinion :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: Man y'all get butthurt over facts. I love Auburn and always want to feel like we play the best teams. But I ain't so blind I can't see that this conference sucks this year. And shoot we'll prolly beat Bama anyways; but if we don't it doesn't matter because they'll get torched by any team they wind up playing in the semi-finals. Saban can barely handle a Gus offense and the last time he faced a Big 12 Offense he got blown away with his QB on his butt the last play of the game. The last time means NOTHING to future matchups. Anybody with a microcosm of football knowledge would know that. But whatever. I don't even care for the rest of the SEC aside from A&M, Mizzou, and USCe. So when they suck I ain't blinded by the conference homerism. Guess it sucks for those of y'all that can't handle some truthery (making up your own words doesn't help your case either) and facts :-X

You haven't listed one fact in this entire thread except an attempt at drawing a connection in a bowl game last year to this year which means basically nothing. Nothing in that post I quoted was fact. NOTHING. What does prolly mean? We don't get butthurt over facts, we get annoyed when someone such as yourself brings this kind of unfounded mess to the table and passes it off as fact without any facts to support it. Clearly you haven't paid any attention to my posts if you think I'm an SEC homer.

It's a fact that SEC schools all over the conference have struggled against non-Power 5 opponents....OT wins, some losses and some generally uninspiring games against some mediocre Power5 opponents. bama has been about the only team that has pounded the crap out of their minor league opposition....otherwise many SEC teams (primarily SEC-East) have sleepwalked through very weak non conference schedules.

JMO but the real issue across the conference is the lack of good QBs....with many teams still shuffling QBs in hopes of finding an offense. The common factor among the top half dozen Power 5 teams this year has been the quality of their QB play and SEC QB play has generally been pretty inconsistent.

The QB play is definitely a huge issue. Look at tOSU who has 2 or 3 quality guys who can start at QB, Baylor brings in the 3rd string QB, who had been playing WR. He proceeds to throw 2 TD passes after coming in for the injured 2nd string QB. I'm sure there are others, but yet the SEC is filled with mostly mediocre QBs, although I think Allen at Arky is probably the best of the SEC. Bowl game matchups will definitely be interesting for the SEC. I bet Memphis gets another shot at an SEC team in a bowl game.

He's . . .

:bow::yay:

That is a :homer:/> statement if I ever saw one. Sorry bud, but Clemson, UNC, FSU Pitt, Iowa, Baylor, Ok state, ND Mich St, Michigan, and Oklahoma are all teams that could beat Bama or Florida and do so easily. The B1G, ACC and Big 12 all have teams playing better than most of the SEC. Heck AAC is looking better than the SEC this season. About the only P5 conference that looks worse than the SEC is the PAC12. And quite frankly, Stanford, Utah or UCLA could beat Bama on any given day. Face it, the SEC dominance is done. Its the SEC that really needs rebuilding. :-\/>

UNC lost to USCE.

Oklahoma lost to Texas and took UT to 2 OT

FSU lost to a Georgia Tech team that has 3 wins.

Iowa has played 1 ranked team all year.

That is a :homer:/> statement if I ever saw one. Sorry bud, but Clemson, UNC, FSU Pitt, Iowa, Baylor, Ok state, ND Mich St, Michigan, and Oklahoma are all teams that could beat Bama or Florida and do so easily. The B1G, ACC and Big 12 all have teams playing better than most of the SEC. Heck AAC is looking better than the SEC this season. About the only P5 conference that looks worse than the SEC is the PAC12. And quite frankly, Stanford, Utah or UCLA could beat Bama on any given day. Face it, the SEC dominance is done. Its the SEC that really needs rebuilding. :-\/>

UNC lost to USCE.

I know what you are suggesting but the UNC loss was a fluke thanks to their QB making some really bad passes at key moments...and Oklahoma is a totally different team with their current QB. Those few exceptions ....IMO....don't offset the poor QB play all over the conference and the close games that SEC teams have experienced with mediocre (and worse) teams. Seems to me that as the season has worn on, most SEC teams have not gotten better....indeed, most have shown little or no improvement....contrary to what should be expected.

Yeah - those results and numbers are all opinion :nanner: :nanner: :nanner: Man y'all get butthurt over facts. I love Auburn and always want to feel like we play the best teams. But I ain't so blind I can't see that this conference sucks this year. And shoot we'll prolly beat Bama anyways; but if we don't it doesn't matter because they'll get torched by any team they wind up playing in the semi-finals. Saban can barely handle a Gus offense and the last time he faced a Big 12 Offense he got blown away with his QB on his butt the last play of the game. The last time means NOTHING to future matchups. Anybody with a microcosm of football knowledge would know that. But whatever. I don't even care for the rest of the SEC aside from A&M, Mizzou, and USCe. So when they suck I ain't blinded by the conference homerism. Guess it sucks for those of y'all that can't handle some truthery (making up your own words doesn't help your case either) and facts :-X

You haven't listed one fact in this entire thread except an attempt at drawing a connection in a bowl game last year to this year which means basically nothing. Nothing in that post I quoted was fact. NOTHING. What does prolly mean? We don't get butthurt over facts, we get annoyed when someone such as yourself brings this kind of unfounded mess to the table and passes it off as fact without any facts to support it. Clearly you haven't paid any attention to my posts if you think I'm an SEC homer.

Ahh innerwebs people :-\ I guess I have to give you a lesson on what a "fact" is. According to Merriam-Webster,a "fact" is defined as: "Something that truly exists or happens: something that has actual existence: a true piece of information.

http://www.merriam-w...dictionary/fact

Now, let's take a look at some quotes from my original post:

-"Florida: 1) needs OT to get past a 2-9 C-USA team AT HOME, 2) barely got past a now 5-6 ECU team from the AAC and 3) barely got past Vanderbilt"

-" Houston beat Vanderbilt 34-0 (their worst loss all season)"

-"LSU: didn't just lose 3 in a row; was BLOWN OUT 3 games in a row!!!!"

-"Ole miss : lost to Memphis, is 8-3 with a chance of winning the West."

-"Bama: a team that lost AT HOME to Ole Miss in a game they NEVER led."

-"Arkansas: lost to Toledo!!! Toledo! At home!"

-"Some of the Non SEC teams that have beaten SEC teams this Season: Houston, Toledo, Memphis, and THE CITADEL."

Those are all actual FACTS. They ACTUALLY happened. :yes:

The ONLY things that could be considered subjective about any of the aforementioned statements would be:

A) My stating that Florida "barely got past" Vandy or ECU". Now I don't know about you; but when I see that a team needs 1) a field goal scored with 2:22 seconds left in the game to win by 2 against Vandy and 2) a fumble from the opposing QB on their own 13 yard line with a minute and change left in the game (not to mention ECU had just moved the ball 60 yards in crunch time) in order to come away with a win I generally consider that "barely getting past". In an effort not to make you look :beat up: I won't go through a detailed review of all the stats from any of those games. But I will say ECU, FAU, and Vandy all closely matched or exceeded Florida's respective performances in terms of total yards, TOP, first downs, etc, etc, etc.

B) My stating that LSU was "BLOWN OUT" could very well be considered "opinion" - I'll give ya that. And I'm sure I'm the only football fan that thinks if a team loses a game by 2 TD's or more and never lead said game, that it was a close game. :-\

UNC lost to USCE.

I know what you are suggesting but the UNC loss was a fluke thanks to their QB making some really bad passes at key moments...and Oklahoma is a totally different team with their current QB. Those few exceptions ....IMO....don't offset the poor QB play all over the conference and the close games that SEC teams have experienced with mediocre (and worse) teams. Seems to me that as the season has worn on, most SEC teams have not gotten better....indeed, most have shown little or no improvement....contrary to what should be expected.

Its posts like this that give me hope that there are some rational peeps on the innerwebs :D I completely agree with your assessment of the state of QB play in our conference this yea AU64; Dak Prescott aside, its truly average. Too I think you are spot on about most SEC teams showing little to no improvement as the season has progressed. Additionally, I'm not too impressed with line play from most teams in this league. It's not just some random coincidence that FAU, ECU and Vandy all came close to beating the gators; all those teams either nearly matched, or even outplayed florida's lines. And Florida is the East Champion. :puke: It just sucks watching this league this year. Florida is likely gonna get smacked around by FSU. And I don't think it's a stretch to say Bama could lose to either us or Florida.

What's the point of anything on the innerwebs??? :dunno: I will say this: I posted this thread because I was annoyed about the lousy state of play by most of our RIVAL football teams in the SEC. I conveniently posted my opinion that no team from the SEC deserves to be in the playoffs in a forum entitled "Rivals" If it makes you :bawling: or :party: , then great! You have your opinion and I have mine. Happy Hollidays!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Florida is likely the worst team to ever play in the SEC championship game and I don't think its even close. Auburn and Florida are pretty even teams at the end of the year IYAM. Florida won a division that lost 3 head coaches this year and very easily could have lost 6 of 7. Hell their offense has scored SEVEN POINTS in the last 2 games combined and they are division champs. Pretty much sums it up iyam.

Bama is an average football team with an elite game changer at tailback. Just like Auburn in 2010 with Cam. If they didn't have Henry, they wouldn't be where they are right now. Is what it it is. They are champions again and we are Birmingham bowl bound. Woo hoo.

In all honesty I think this whole season has been boring. There are really no fascinating teams or personalities.... not much excitement in any of the conferences. It's just been flat.

The "win it all now" attitude has almost destroyed college football. I think it is reflective of the culture change that has occurred in our country. The relentless work of coaches like saban, is to satisfy a rabid fan base and enable them to feel good about themselves, when they have done nothing but bought a shirt or hat. Big money has corrupted it. The FCS series is more entertaining right now. IMO. It is closer to what D-1 used to be. Think about this. Saban will make over $7,000,000 this year. Gus will make $4,000,000. That is too much money. The money that top teams will make this year for the SEC, makes them look the other way too often, when violations occur. "It is what it is", is an overused cliche, but it is the case. It isn't going to change unless there is a major economic disaster in this country.

The SEC is nothing but a farm league for the NFL. IT is all about money for the schools, players going to the next level to get rich, and feeding the egos of the fan base. saban and bammer have contributed to its demise. They own it and they rule it. I still enjoy the pure game when they tee it up. But, I must admit that it is not what it used to be. The excitement is there for a lot of younger people. It is boring at times, especially with the results we have seen this season.

Farmer, you hit the nail on the head. I did enjoy watching The Citadel beat Carolina though. Dosen't really bother me when other SEC teams get beat (espically bammer) sometimes i am surprised. I'm just lookin for a win by my Tigers,that's what really matters to me.

Archived