SEC is garbage this year...

HarpyTrain

Perhaps we should re-define the word garbage. :) Glad we could contribute to the league bowl dominance this year. Sure feels better ending on a winning note.

Good point....the BSPN anti-SEC talking heads are going to have a hard week ahead now that SEC has not only won most of their games but made some opponents look pretty bad. Nice work by Tenn, Miss State and a few others....including AU.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps we should re-define the word garbage. :) Glad we could contribute to the league bowl dominance this year. Sure feels better ending on a winning note.

Good point....the BSPN anti-SEC talking heads are going to have a hard week ahead now that SEC has not only won most of their games but made some opponents look pretty bad. Nice work by Tenn, Miss State and a few others....including AU.

How about Colin Cowherd, maybe the QB play isn't bad maybe Defense is that good. I think the SEC even with the loses outscored their opponents something like 359 to 200. An kept most of the teams they played around 250 total yards it was ugly this year. I would say there was a chip on the shoulder

Paging Harpy Train, party of butthurt.

OMgoodness, you are hilarious! Can't stop laughing! Perfect reason why only a retrospect thread "____ WAS garbage" has any hope of accuracy, and at that, only 50/50. ;-)

Talk about turning it around. If TCU can pull this out, the SEC will get that capital one cup too from the college game day. Kind of a pointless award since teams that play many bowl games are at a disadvantage to win it, but still, talk about the sec showing it's dominance second half of the year. The cup would be icing on the cake.

Sad part is that the SEC Champs will still be one of the best teams in the country, if not the best. All of college football is down this year, a lot of rebuilding. You see all the coaches being fired?

Big Sparty is going to trample the "tahd"

Ha I doubt it, but anything can happen. Who's in the final four? If Oklahoma made it they could have a shot

Clemson Oklahoma MSU bammer

Really silly to "doubt" that MSU could beat the Turds. The B1G was a better conference than the SEC this year, few doubt that. MSU has wins this season over ALL the top teams in the B1G except Wiscy - a team they didn't play. So not only did they beat a very good Oregon team, they beat an undefeated and stout Iowa team, a solid Michigan team, and Ohio State - esentially the same OSU that pounded Bama in the playoffs last year. In fact, they held that star-studded OSU team to a platry 137 yards of total offense; a THIRD of what OSU ran up on the Turd defense. Bama has not had a test like MSU since they played OSU last year - the last real test they had and failed miserably at.

Great for MSU & Dantonio!

Hopefully MSU plans to install a completely different offense in the next 3 weeks if they want a chance of beating UAT. The savages will feast on that MSU team if they plan to run the same scheme they've used all year.

Well, looks like Dantonio didn't change a dang thing in his offense, and just as I anticipated...those savages had quite a feast. MSU tried to test that bama offense and Coker/Ridley/Stewart/Mulhaney lit the Spartys up.

Talk about turning it around. If TCU can pull this out, the SEC will get that capital one cup too from the college game day. Kind of a pointless award since teams that play many bowl games are at a disadvantage to win it, but still, talk about the sec showing it's dominance second half of the year. The cup would be icing on the cake.

I really think the Big Ten is the worst but The SEC might be second or third worst. We will have stolen that cup because the product on the field, Records, qb play was WAY down.

I really think the Big Ten is the worst but The SEC might be second or third worst. We will have stolen that cup because the product on the field, Records, qb play was WAY down.

Way down because the other teams got stomped on the field. Ok.

typically when you beat someone it makes you better and them worse.

Ha, yes you would think that would be the case but apparently the league stole it because everyone else sucks.

Ha, yes you would think that would be the case but apparently the league stole it because everyone else sucks.

So last year our league was overrated /sucked because we didn't win our bowls?

And ignore this entire thread.

See the logic.

lmao

See the logic.

lmao

I never said either way. The SEC pounded teams this year, didn't "steal" anything. Continue to lyao all you wish.

See the logic.

lmao

I never said either way. The SEC pounded teams this year, didn't "steal" anything. Continue to lyao all you wish.

sucked in bowl games? SEC had a winning record and almost everyone in bowls

See the logic.

lmao

sucked in bowl games? SEC had a winning record and almost everyone in bowls

Last year was the key word

See the logic.

lmao

Yep. We pounded Jack State. Arkansas got Texas tech and Toledo too. East champ Florida sure closed well.

The bowl wins look good but to ignore the entire year ( this thread) is well...ignorance.

I don't think we were the worst conference. I think last year we were better but didn't show up in the bowl games. The East=not good. West=down but still better than everyone. The big ten=garbage minus OSU/Michigan.

Happy? We agree. But to go out and say we are Awesome! Woo party. Yay! We are Awesome this year!

It's a gross overstatement.

Nobody was saying the SEC was awesome, BUT bowl games THIS YEAR (don't give a flip about last year) the SEC is sitting at 8-2, which is pretty darn good, you are still looking back over the entire year. That is ok, but given some of the performances during the year and the OP of this thread (and others that concurred) the consensus would have been that the SEC would get dominated in the bowls this year, but they didn't and actually have dominated more in bowls. Probably dominated more than anyone expected. I didn't expect wins like that. Like one sports guy said maybe the SEC Ds were better than what everyone thought? Granted, no stand out QBs (except for B. Allen at Arky), but most of them had a pretty good supporting cast around them. I don't know, but maybe the offenses were better than we thought just couldn't really see it b/c of the performance of the D's this year. I would have been fine with the SEC being 1-9 in those bowls with AU the lone win, but most them owned their bowl game.

Nobody was saying the SEC was awesome, BUT bowl games THIS YEAR (don't give a flip about last year) the SEC is sitting at 8-2, which is pretty darn good, you are still looking back over the entire year. That is ok, but given some of the performances during the year and the OP of this thread (and others that concurred) the consensus would have been that the SEC would get dominated in the bowls this year, but they didn't and actually have dominated more in bowls. Probably dominated more than anyone expected. I didn't expect wins like that. Like one sports guy said maybe the SEC Ds were better than what everyone thought? Granted, no stand out QBs (except for B. Allen at Arky), but most of them had a pretty good supporting cast around them. I don't know, but maybe the offenses were better than we thought just couldn't really see it b/c of the performance of the D's this year. I would have been fine with the SEC being 1-9 in those bowls with AU the lone win, but most them owned their bowl game.

True dat

If you use the bowls as a measuring stick, what they show is that the SEC is still dominant, but they are becoming more even, internally, so they are doing what many of us have expected for years... beating themselves up to the detriment of national rankings.

If you use the bowls as a measuring stick, what they show is that the SEC is still dominant, but they are becoming more even, internally, so they are doing what many of us have expected for years... beating themselves up to the detriment of national rankings.

I agree with the statement that there isn't as much disparity in the SEC anymore, no one team just dominating and destroying others, much more even across the board. This 2016 season could be as cut throat as ever with so many younger teams. Several teams will be breaking in a new QB (MSU, bama, Arky), but that doesn't mean a lot anymore unless they are a freshman, or play at AU.

Archived