Birmingham Radio

DaddyBoyAU

Just wondering if you folks familiar with Birmingham Radio will help me out.

I just moved to Birmingham about 3 months ago, and I quickly found JOX (690). I listen exclusively to Sports Talk radio during the college football season, and it proved to be a good station. I also found Finebaum on ERC (960) for days when I wanted a laugh.

Now that the college football season is over, I will start flipping around the dial - so I want to ask about good stations, and especially good morning shows.

I like the music that 99.5 plays, but John Boy and Billy suck (they failed miserably in Atlanta). Some other local station has a "Bubba" - I don't understand what is up with the hick radio dj's in this town. Another problem with 99.5 is they broadcast Bama basketball sometimes in the evening - I have absolutely no desire to listen to that. I sometimes try to pick up Z93.1 out of Gadsden - good station, but too much static in this area.

So, for a guy that prefers classic rock, but also enjoys some modern (alternative style, not pop) music - what are my options in this town? And for other types of music as well, such as jazz, big band and bluegrass? I'm afraid I'm going to have to invest in satelite radio - but I don't want to spend that money right now (still poor from the move).

A link to a guide to Birmingham radio would help if someone has one.

Get XM or Sirius!

I have XM. $9.99 a month and never run out of signal (99.8% of the time anyway). Well worth the investment!

There are no good morning shows! Beaner & Ken were my favorite, but they are currently off the air (contract dispute).

Birmingham Radio Guide

100.5 was a pretty good Alt Rock station but I haven't listened to them in a couple of weeks and I know they are going through some changes.

Hope that helps!

Archived