Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I count 4 defensive recruits within 20 minutes from the ATL. Athens is an hour and a half away. I hope everyone is reading this with a good amount of humor. I swear this board keeps a lock-tight press coverage on "rumors" that people post that actually are borderline, but whenever coaching speculations run rampant, evidently it's a free pass to rumor away.

EDIT: And that's not at you, RIR. Frankly, I rather enjoy the good ole days of flight tracking every municipal airport plane :D. Just cautioning against this turning into "my grandmother's first cousin Bessie's sister-in-law Bertha saw Gus Malzahn at the Winn-Dixie in Miami" like they have in the past. Carry on people, and have a great night!

Recruiting........

Most likely. Just sharing what's out there. :)

Oh I know....it's wild, wild west on the interweb. lol

I count 4 defensive recruits within 20 minutes from the ATL. Athens is an hour and a half away. I hope everyone is reading this with a good amount of humor. I swear this board keeps a lock-tight press coverage on "rumors" that people post that actually are borderline, but whenever coaching speculations run rampant, evidently it's a free pass to rumor away.

EDIT: And that's not at you, RIR. Frankly, I rather enjoy the good ole days of flight tracking every municipal airport plane :D/>. Just cautioning against this turning into "my grandmother's first cousin Bessie's sister-in-law Bertha saw Gus Malzahn at the Winn-Dixie in Miami" like they have in the past. Carry on people, and have a great night!

How long did it take you to make that count?

EDIT: And that's not at you, RIR. Frankly, I rather enjoy the good ole days of flight tracking every municipal airport plane :D/>. Just cautioning against this turning into "my grandmother's first cousin Bessie's sister-in-law Bertha saw Gus Malzahn at the Winn-Dixie in Miami" like they have in the past. Carry on people, and have a great night!

How long did it take you to make that count?

I'm ashamed to admit I had it memorized to an extent lol. It's a curse of bad football seasons. I had sworn off the stress of following recruiting the past couple years, but the performance on the field this season has me quickly looking for anything good on the horizon.

Here's my favorite BS from the 247 USCe Admin ...

Last night, the Muschamp talk to South Carolina heated up and I still believe his candidacy is viable. There is talk behind the scenes of Muschamp assembling a staff should he get the Gamecocks coaching gig and also gathering information on top recruiting targets in the South Carolina footprint. Muschamp is a smart coach and relentless recruiter and I have reason to believe he has been in direct contact with the powers that be at USC in the last 24 hours. I believe if a face-to-fact meeting is set up with Muschamp, then he will ace the interview and ultimately be named the next head coach at South Carolina.

:lol:

Here's my favorite BS from the 247 USCe Admin ...

Last night, the Muschamp talk to South Carolina heated up and I still believe his candidacy is viable. There is talk behind the scenes of Muschamp assembling a staff should he get the Gamecocks coaching gig and also gathering information on top recruiting targets in the South Carolina footprint. Muschamp is a smart coach and relentless recruiter and I have reason to believe he has been in direct contact with the powers that be at USC in the last 24 hours. I believe if a face-to-fact meeting is set up with Muschamp, then he will ace the interview and ultimately be named the next head coach at South Carolina.

:lol:

That fanbase sure has some crazies as we saw with the DC rumor mill last year. Is this the same Joe Blow that predicted 10 times Muschamp was a done deal to SCAR last year?

I really don't see the sense in the move to UGA as DC. Why would Will go from an SEC school where he pretty much has autonomy to do his own thing to a lateral move under a defensive minded coach who will dictate how the defense would run?

That said, with all the vacancies out there, I don't think we get to keep him. The UGA move just seems the dumbest move out there for him.

Coincidence? Who knows?

CVMcsfBVAAALfup.jpg

https://flightaware....2230Z/KAUO/KCAE

LMAO

Me too. Anyone flying these coaches around is probably going to block their tail number or do the flying in another discreet way.

Someone already dug up the info on that plane. The flight started in Texas and it belongs to some minerals or machinery company. Can't remember. Not Auburn or USCe related.

The latest from the same SCe admin claiming all signs pointing to Muschamp:

According to a report from ESPN.com, South Carolina plans to speak with Oklahoma offensive coordinator Lincoln Riley about its vacant head coaching position.

We anticipate this contact to happen in the next 24 hours.

John Whittle of TheBigSpur.com mentioned Riley on Tuesday as a candidate that USC athletics director Ray Tanner has had his eye on for most of the process, though the interest in the 32-year old never became public.

Riley is believed to be among the top candidates for the Gamecocks job, along with Auburn defensive coordinator and former Florida head coach Will Muschamp, now that Houston head coach Tom Herman and Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, who is accepting the head coach job at Georgia, are off the table.

Sources told TheBigSpur.com earlier this week that if the job came down to Riley and Muschamp that Muschamp was the likely pick, but not to rule out Riley.

Riley is in his first year at Oklahoma after a five-year stint as the offensive coordinator at East Carolina. He played and coached at Texas Tech and is from the Mike Leach coaching tree. The Sooners (11-1) are heading to the College Football Playoff this season and have averaged more than 45 points per game and more than 300 rushing yards per game under the leadership of Riley, who also coaches quarterbacks and has developed Baker Mayfield into a Heisman Trophy candidate.

A college football contact told TBS this past weekend that if South Carolina hired Riley it would be "visionary" because of his relative youth and inexperience, but high respect level in the coaching community.

South Carolina is expected to make a coaching hire by the end of this week.

I really hope they hire Riley, but I suspect they will instead go with Champ.

If Champ leaves, it'd be hard to fault him for taking a good HC gig. But it will leave us in a very bad spot.

What was Muschamp's record against USCe while at Florida 1-3? Why in the world would you hire someone that you beat regularly to be your head coach, and its a lot harder to recruit in South Carolina, this has got to be pure speculation.

If this happens who is hired as our DC to continue the progression and improvement of the defense as well as hold our recruiting class together? If champ leaves, it could be a devastating blow

I followed a link to the USCe 247 site and read the comments section on CWM and was encouraged to see overwhelming disapproval of his potential hire there. Sorry Coach, I do want what's best for me, which is your staying at AU another year at least.

I really hope they hire Riley, but I suspect they will instead go with Champ.

If Champ leaves, it'd be hard to fault him for taking a good HC gig. But it will leave us in a very bad spot.

Yep. It will not only kill recruiting because he will likely take TRob and maybe even Thompson with him to USCe, but it would once again cause us to start over with on the field schemes and development on the D side of the ball. It would be a disaster.

wde

What was Muschamp's record against USCe while at Florida 1-3? Why in the world would you hire someone that you beat regularly to be your head coach, and its a lot harder to recruit in South Carolina, this has got to be pure speculation.

I think they will look at it that the best coach in their program's history was the one who was beating him .

Muschamp leave after one year? Basically what I figured when he was hired.... but was hoping to be wrong and never understood why he stepped back to DC..

For the most part coaches and their employers (universities) have no loyalty toward each other......the vast majority are just hired guns always looking for the next/better job opportunity and most schools cut them loose after after the first disappointment.

Guess I can't blame them (Coaches) since they are likely to get fired by their fickle employer as soon as the school thinks they can do a little better. Cut throat business.

Sooner or later CWM is gone....this year...or next year.....is anyone really surprised?

I don't think Muschamp is going to USCe unless he is a fall back. They want an offensive coach. If he was to go to UGA with Kirby, which I doubt, then Pruitt would be available. Not a bad trade off. Kirby is going to want to keep his hand in the defense and Boom is not going to want someone meddling. I really think he stays and rebuilds our defense until he gets an offer from another SEC school. Of course, the other possibility no one is discussing is what about Bammer? Would Saban go after him and would he be willing to work as DC under the little tyrant with hopes of stepping into the big job when the wee one retires?

Archived