Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

IT seems to me that a field that drains poorly would also be likely to have a lot of flies.

Hence, meaningless controversy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tell you what, if that happens don't care how anybody tries to dress it up....that would suck

100% every day of the week.

It would be brutal for AU - kill our recruiting and any momentum we started to have on defense. we have a chance with some big wigs on the recruiting trail and that would all but disappear instantly.

I tell you what, if that happens don't care how anybody tries to dress it up....that would suck

100% every day of the week.

It would be brutal for AU - kill our recruiting and any momentum we started to have on defense. we have a chance with some big wigs on the recruiting trail and that would all but disappear instantly.

I have the sads now :(

All this talk about Smart not being a good candidate for a head coaching job on the Power 5 level because he's never been a head coach---if I recall correctly, Mark Richt was the FSU OC when he was named UGA head coach, and he had a pretty good 15-year run.

Seems like USCe would want a proven HC that has some sort of success even if it was at a lower level program. Muschamp doesn't fit that bill.

Chizik would be a better choice than Muschamp, it would seem. At least he won the big one as head coach (thank you Gene) - and you can make an argument that they are pretty much equal as defensive coordinators.

I mean people are firing Gus on this thread....nothing wrong with his offense besides him needing a QB...

That's because every idiot with an Internet connection unfortunately comes to this forum to grace us with their "I win on my Xbox all the time" wisdom.

Funny stuff right there.

Add to that some of us tend to consume a bit too much and post on game day. I fell victim to the bottle Saturday and acted inappropriately. My sincerest apologies to all that may have been offended. :wareagle:

I hope I read somewhere that USCe PTB are focusing on an Offensive minded HC..hope that is truly the case this time. I just saw pics of 4 or 5 non-holding plays that refs did not call against UA Saturday, some with the ref within 10' looking right at them, and in 2 of them it shows 2 UA players holding the same player. All No Calls! You have to play well enough and score enough that referees effect on the game are minimal. The pics that I saw bring up the old question, who did the SEC or refs want to win the game?

I hope I read somewhere that USCe PTB are focusing on an Offensive minded HC..hope that is truly the case this time. I just saw pics of 4 or 5 non-holding plays that refs did not call against UA Saturday, some with the ref within 10' looking right at them, and in 2 of them it shows 2 UA players holding the same player. All No Calls! You have to play well enough and score enough that referees effect on the game are minimal. The pics that I saw bring up the old question, who did the SEC or refs want to win the game?

Post the pictures

And you're right. I hear they are going after Chad Morris. Which would be a good hire.

It may be something of a Catch-22 for USCe: on one hand, KS has not HC experience, but he is a disciple of Saban. However, there have been many examples of "disciples" not turning out like the master (see Belichick). On the other hand, WM has HC experience, but it did not turn out all that well. However, he may have learned from his mistakes (i.e. deficiencies on the offensive side of the ball) and can make the needed changes.

As keesler said, it may very well be "pick your poison".

I am hoping WM stays put. I think he will benefit from it and I think AU certainly will. We need a proven DC and we very much need some stability on that side of the ball.

Don't forget that Smart almost got the Auburn job. As I recall he was unofficially offered the job but he had some "demands" as did AU so they agreed not to pursue it. I hope Smart goes to UGA or USCe. That would hurt bama and their recruiting

I too want Muschamp to stay. I would love for my son to play for him just so he could experience the passion and the love for the game from him.

With all that said, the meltdown on this board would be epic if he left.

Here are 11 pics of obvious holdings that were not called. This does not include Lawson being mugged on THE play when Muschamp went off. It also does not include the two holdings on the last Henry TD run.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207447784500016&set=pcb.538925869600683&type=3&theater

To be honest with y'all, I really wanted Jacobs to hire Smart. If and I said if Muschamp is offered a head coaching job and he takes it, I wish Malzahn would pull out all the stops and bring Smart in as our DC.

To be honest with y'all, I really wanted Jacobs to hire Smart. If and I said if Muschamp is offered a head coaching job and he takes it, I wish Malzahn would pull out all the stops and bring Smart in as our DC.

:-\ :headscratch:

It may be something of a Catch-22 for USCe: on one hand, KS has not HC experience, but he is a disciple of Saban. However, there have been many examples of "disciples" not turning out like the master (see Belichick). On the other hand, WM has HC experience, but it did not turn out all that well. However, he may have learned from his mistakes (i.e. deficiencies on the offensive side of the ball) and can make the needed changes.

As keesler said, it may very well be "pick your poison".

I am hoping WM stays put. I think he will benefit from it and I think AU certainly will. We need a proven DC and we very much need some stability on that side of the ball.

Don't forget that Smart almost got the Auburn job. As I recall he was unofficially offered the job but he had some "demands" as did AU so they agreed not to pursue it. I hope Smart goes to UGA or USCe. That would hurt bama and their recruiting

Not really. When you can hand out the keys to a new charger along with all sorts of other goodies you'll do fine. They can plug anyone into that slot and get top recruits.

Apparently some serious leg with the Muschamp talk. Seriously hope it doesn't happen.

Man that would be the perfect end for this mess of a season.

Smart is not going to move from Bama to AU to be the DC. I am equally glad Smart isn't our HC either.

Also, if Will Muschamp is that desperate for an HC job that he is willing to go to terrible USCe, then let him. That place is a dumpster fire and hard to achieve success there. The USCe fans don't even want him there. I could understand if UGA came calling, but USCe?

If we lose Muschamp kiss that defense goodbye. Not sure if Trob would go to but you never know.Maybe we could lure Pruitt over to save this defense.

All speculation

Here are 11 pics of obvious holdings that were not called. This does not include Lawson being mugged on THE play when Muschamp went off. It also does not include the two holdings on the last Henry TD run.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207447784500016&set=pcb.538925869600683&type=3&theater

Anywhere else I can find this? I do not have a book face

Archived