Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

I agree that was a badly missed call on the holding but I feel they got the late hit right. Yes the player dove while still in bounds but coker was 3 to 4 yards out of bounds when his legs get wrapped up and he is actually taken down. Plus there was no need for it since Garrett was forcing him out anyway.

Ive seen offensive players work the late hit rule to their advantage by pretending to go out of bounds. I don't blame Garrett for a second. But Reuben Foster is a thug for his late hit. That one screamed malicious intent as both were deep into the sidelines once he slammed the ball carrier.

Actually both players were in bounds on the Foster late hit. The ball carrier didn't touch the white until he actually hit the ground.

I considered it more of a "if I don't make this call, after the BS that my referee bretheren just pulled earlier I may not get to see my family again"/makeup call lol

He was inbounds when he grabbed him but the player was well out of bounds by the time he body slammed him. so it was a very legitimate call not just a makeup call. If the force of the hit when he was initially hit in bounds caused the player to go down out of bounds that is legal but after taking the player out of bounds while standing out of bounds picking up the player and body slamming him is illegal.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 6m6 minutes ago

#Auburn DC & ex #UF coach Will Muschamp is getting some consideration from #SouthCarolina for its HC vacancy, source tells @FoxSports.

Saw this... Hope it's not true or hope he turns it down.

If I was Coach Boom, I would be patient. In a year or two Gus is either going to turn the offense around and he will be the DC of a championship team again which in turn will really improve his stock. Or, Gus won't be able to turn things around and Auburn will have another HC vacancy. He could then be our next HC if that happens. Plus both options do not up root his family again.

I tell you what, if that happens don't care how anybody tries to dress it up....that would suck

Sure would... A major blow... Hurt recruiting and another DC's system these kids need to learn. We need stability there!!

I tell you what, if that happens don't care how anybody tries to dress it up....that would suck

No doubt.

And I know it's a tired observation at this point, but Muschamp's agent is Jimmy Sexton...

This is surprising...

I talked to some of my USCe friends today after I saw this, and they were surprised too... not very excited. They said that Tanner is dead set on hiring an offensive guy.

I don't think it will happen, but they want Richt.

They also mentioned Herman, C. Kelly and you guessed it, Lane Kiffin...

They weren't pumped of the mention of Muschamp...

This is surprising...

I talked to some of my USCe friends today after I saw this, and they were surprised too... not very excited. They said that Tanner is dead set on hiring an offensive guy.

Oh, Kiffin to The gamecocks would be very interesting if smart goes to uga!!!

This is surprising...

Hermann I could see. Maybe kiffin but not kelley. As strange as it seems, Philadelphia could still win the division.

I just hope and pray he stays. If he doesn't and he takes a DC position somewhere else I'm afraid it may be telling.

We've run through DC's faster than s*** through a goose these last 5 yrs. So what would it tell us if WM goes to his alma matre and coaches with his UGA buddy?

So we have three (3) Muschamp threads running simultaneously.....is that a record....or should I start another one. ?

This is surprising...

I don't blame them, I wouldn't be enthused about Muschamp as HC either.

This is surprising...

Hermann I could see. Maybe kiffin but not kelley. As strange as it seems, Philadelphia could still win the division.

Auburn could win that division this year....no one else seems to want it. lol

100% every day of the week.

Muschamp to USCe would be bad for Auburn and Muschamp. USCe is headed back to the bottom half of the east.

I don't see it happening.

Seems like USCe would want a proven HC that has some sort of success even if it was at a lower level program. Muschamp doesn't fit that bill.

Seems like USCe would want a proven HC that has some sort of success even if it was at a lower level program. Muschamp doesn't fit that bill.

I would think so too, but wasn't/isn't Kirby Smart their front-runner before/even though thUGA opened up? Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp would seem to have comparable records upon first glance, maybe even a nod to Will for his (albeit small and unsuccessful) head coaching stint.

I don't condone the foul language and getting the 15 yards for it was tough, however... sometimes the coaches have to go to extremes to let the players know that they have their backs. IMO, the refs deserved an earful, the players know it but they can't say anything, so coach goes off for them. I guarantee you the players weren't mad at the coaches for getting flagged. Just the opposite. They played their guts out for them and it will pay dividends down the road.

I agree. What year was it Pat Dye got 2 in a row against Florida State and we ended up with first and goal from the 48 or so. I still think his little performance put the refs on the spot and fired up the team and we won.

I was a bit disheartened when Muschamp went back for more and had to be pulled off of the field. I still think he has some growing up to do before he makes a good head coach.

I would think so too, but wasn't/isn't Kirby Smart their front-runner before/even though thUGA opened up? Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp would seem to have comparable records upon first glance, maybe even a nod to Will for his (albeit small and unsuccessful) head coaching stint.

Smart is an unknown quantity for HC that's been training under one of the best, Smart has no HC history ~ Muschamp now has a history as a HC in the SEC in a fertile recruiting bed and he couldn't get it done. Pick your poison. :drink1:

It may be something of a Catch-22 for USCe: on one hand, KS has not HC experience, but he is a disciple of Saban. However, there have been many examples of "disciples" not turning out like the master (see Belichick). On the other hand, WM has HC experience, but it did not turn out all that well. However, he may have learned from his mistakes (i.e. deficiencies on the offensive side of the ball) and can make the needed changes.

As keesler said, it may very well be "pick your poison".

I am hoping WM stays put. I think he will benefit from it and I think AU certainly will. We need a proven DC and we very much need some stability on that side of the ball.

So we have three (3) Muschamp threads running simultaneously.....is that a record....or should I start another one. ?

Still aspects that haven't yet been broached.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

e.g.,

Muschamp, the name - What does it mean?

A field with a lot of flies?

http://forebears.io/surnames/muschamp

or

A field that drains poorly?

http://www.surnameweb.com/Muschamp/surname-origin.htm

Discuss

Archived