Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Here are 11 pics of obvious holdings that were not called. This does not include Lawson being mugged on THE play when Muschamp went off. It also does not include the two holdings on the last Henry TD run.

https://www.facebook...&type=3

Anywhere else I can find this? I do not have a book face

I saw it on Scout.com under Inside the Auburn Tigers.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are 11 pics of obvious holdings that were not called. This does not include Lawson being mugged on THE play when Muschamp went off. It also does not include the two holdings on the last Henry TD run.

http://www.scout.com/college/auburn/story/1617575-iron-bowl-holding-photo-gallery

http://www.scout.com/college/auburn/story/1617575-iron-bowl-holding-photo-gallery

Wow . This really is pathetic. Muschamp had every right to rip the heads off the officials . Just awful. If anyone has not seen this . Go look at it. My goodness

Wow . This really is pathetic. Muschamp had every right to rip the heads off the officials . Just awful. If anyone has not seen this . Go look at it. My goodness

Yeah that's pretty typical of bammer. Sad thing is they happened right by the ball carrier so you know for certain the officials are looking directly at it.

http://www.scout.com...g-photo-gallery

Yeah that's pretty typical of bammer. Sad thing is they happened right by the ball carrier so you know for certain the officials are looking directly at it.

There's an official looking right at this one.

Holding%201.jpg

Holding%201.jpg

Surprised we didn't get an illegal hands to the face call on that play. Sarcasm

Naw, you guys are misreading the pics obviously. In the first one, Cass is falling down so the two nice, brawny uat o-linemen are simply trying to hold him up to keep him from having a hard tumble to the turf.

In this last one, Cass is probably choking so the nice, considerate uat lineman is trying to keep Cass' head up and air passage straight, while he is patting him on the back.

I'll go ahead and post SARCASM if it is needed!

Holding%201.jpg

Held by two guys on the same play...no call. What will Redding do...nothing!

So a UGA grad friend (who a week ago was adamant he did not want Kirby Smart because KS lacked HC experience) is claiming KS is a done deal and KS wants CWM as his DC. He said CWM wanted to work for his old subordinate KS more than anything in the world. He also said the PTB at UGA were all-in with CWM as DC until CWM's meltdown during the Iron Bowl at which point they told KS under no circumstances could KS hire CWM, which has blown up the whole KS to UGA plan.

Here is the scoop. Every fan of every SEC school is envious of CWM.

Also, the coaching carousel is interesting. Richt is fired while Miles stays. VT gets a quick coup with Justin Fuente. Houston keeps Tom Herman. Suddenly UGA and USCe have to look at coordinators rather than hot HCs. I think a top coordinator would be acceptable for USCe, but a lot of the UGA alums believe they tried that with Richt and it did not pay off.

And thus my hatred for the SEC in general (the aforementioned pictures). I loath the state of this conference right now.....just hate it.

I sure hope Will is here in 2016. We need stability on that side of the ball and he brings the passion I love to see on defense. Nothing would shock me at the point.....it's been a disaster on defense for years now.......

So a UGA grad friend (who a week ago was adamant he did not want Kirby Smart because KS lacked HC experience) is claiming KS is a done deal and KS wants CWM as his DC. He said CWM wanted to work for his old subordinate KS more than anything in the world. He also said the PTB at UGA were all-in with CWM as DC until CWM's meltdown during the Iron Bowl at which point they told KS under no circumstances could KS hire CWM, which has blown up the whole KS to UGA plan.

Also, the coaching carousel is interesting. Richt is fired while Miles stays. VT gets a quick coup with Justin Fuente. Houston keeps Tom Herman. Suddenly UGA and USCe have to look at coordinators rather than hot HCs. I think a top coordinator would be acceptable for USCe, but a lot of the UGA alums believe they tried that with Richt and it did not pay off.

I have a few of those UGA friends too . . . and they are entertaining if nothing else.

Living in Georgia, I've heard this from the local Bulldogs as well. I find to be thin, as I cannot imagine Muschamp wanting to work for any other head coach more than anything in the world. I also find it difficult to believe that a 4-3 guy like Muschamp would want to go coordinate a 3-4. If his plan is to get back into head coaching, the lateral move to Georgia would do less to help him than rebuilding this decimated defense.

If we lose Muschamp kiss that defense goodbye. Not sure if Trob would go to but you never know.Maybe we could lure Pruitt over to save this defense.

All speculation

I honestly believe we hired Lance Thompson to be CWM's DC heir apparent when CWM moved back to head coaching. I think CLT moved back to Bama in hopes of succeeding Kirby Smart when KS was being talked about as a potential NFL DC or college HC, and CLT moved on from Bama when it became obvious KS was not leaving any time soon. We needed a new defensive scheme/system, a new defensive recruiting strategy, and a defensive spark. When CWM leaves, we need to keep the system and the recruiting strategy--in other words we need a DC who will run a very similar system.

I like this choke-hold too...

Holding%209.jpg

I watched the first half again last night and #76 held on almost every play. I'm not talking about hands inside the shoulder pads holding either. Arms around chest or neck, usually with the other hand grabbing some jersey in the back, was his favorite maneuver.

Living in Georgia, I've heard this from the local Bulldogs as well. I find to be thin, as I cannot imagine Muschamp wanting to work for any other head coach more than anything in the world. I also find it difficult to believe that a 4-3 guy like Muschamp would want to go coordinate a 3-4. If his plan is to get back into head coaching, the lateral move to Georgia would do less to help him than rebuilding this decimated defense.

And don't forget, Pruitt worked for Kirby Smart at Bama, so why not keep Pruitt? The answer I got was Pruitt did not get along with others on Richt's staff, but most of Richt's staff will be gone with Richt.

As for 3-4 vs. 4-3, remember three things: CKS was CWM's secondary coach at LSU under Saban; Muschamps hybrid 4-3 defense was run by Saban at LSU and Miami; and Muschamp's hybrid 4-3 defense is a lot like Saban's version of the 3-4 in DL and LB play. Muschamp's Buck position is more OLB than DE, and Saban's Jack LB is more DE than traditional NFL 3-4 OLB. The Buck and the Jack positions are more similar than not.

My fear being a former HC who is again a DC currently working for a offensive minded coach is taking a lateral to work as the DC for a former DC who is brand new as HC. That reeks of the potential to be micromanaged. Imagine how CWM would react to being micromanaged.

The real risk for CWM is USCe. They wanted him last year to come be the DC and wait to succeed the HBC. They vetted him then. So they probably are ready to move now.

The best thing that could happen would be for the PTB at UGA to reconsider their desire for a coordinator, and for USCe to get Smart.

Our recruiting momentum and our defense finally coming together will be all for none if Muschamp leaves.

True.

wde

I have to wonder about the sanity of some people if any of these claims are true.

Our recruiting momentum and our defense finally coming together will be all for none if Muschamp leaves.

We are SO (you know what) if he leaves now. But even these rumors out there about Boom have got to be putting our defensive recruiting on hold, especially with the top targets. I'm thinking they need to say something if there is no substance to any of this.

My fear being a former HC who is again a DC currently working for a offensive minded coach is taking a lateral to work as the DC for a former DC who is brand new as HC. That reeks of the potential to be micromanaged. Imagine how CWM would react to being micromanaged.

The real risk for CWM is USCe. They wanted him last year to come be the DC and wait to succeed the HBC. They vetted him then. So they probably are ready to move now.

The best thing that could happen would be for the PTB at UGA to reconsider their desire for a coordinator, and for USCe to get Smart.

I have to think Muschamp would rather work for an offensive head coach, for precisely that reason. I know Muschamp wants to be a head coach again, but you have to wonder if South Carolina is a job he would risk his career on. Fail at one program, and you can redeem yourself. Fail at two? Steve Spurrier is basically the only coach in that program's history to have a good record, and there's a reason for that.

Holding%209.jpg

I watched the first half again last night and #76 held on almost every play. I'm not talking about hands inside the shoulder pads holding either. Arms around chest or neck, usually with the other hand grabbing some jersey in the back, was his favorite maneuver.

Speaks to how they are taught and how they win so many games. It's an annual thing.....

you have to wonder if South Carolina is a job he would risk his career on. Fail at one program, and you can redeem yourself. Fail at two? Steve Spurrier is basically the only coach in that program's history to have a good record, and there's a reason for that.

Well, that's the thing. Lower expectations. Just get them to a bowl every year and sniff the occasional SEC East title and you're good to go. They'll be patient with him over there. Also, they'll more than likely let him call his own shots. There's been talk that UF PTB meddled with his offenses (or at least OC hires) like there's been talk that Auburn PTB have meddled with our defenses. No idea if that's true, but all he needs to do is hire a good OC and let them do their job. His defenses at UF remained stellar throughout his tenure.

Wait, is this a secure line? Disregard! Disregard! It's a trap, Will! South Carolina will end you!

At least I didn't see any Cyrus K helmet slaps this year but yes, they are taught this. I wonder who teaches the refs not to believe their eyes ? It really was pathetic to witness.

That's the thing, I'm sure they are coached to do just that, it seems they do it all the time. But why do the refs so rarely call a hold against them? I don't get it.

To be fair, I watched a few games this year (not involving AU or uat) and I saw several instances of holding that were not called. I don't have the stats to say holding calls are down this year or the last couple compared to other years; but, by the eye test, it sure seems there are many that go unnoticed . . . or at least, uncalled.

Holding%209.jpg

Speaks to how they are taught and how they win so many games. It's an annual thing.....

At least I didn't see any Cyrus K helmet slaps this year but yes, they are taught this. I wonder who teaches the refs not to believe their eyes ? It really was a pathetic thing to witness on play after play after play.

Archived