Will Muschamp (Combined Thread)

Potatooooooes!!

Really?!? :dunno:

You needed help with that?

I think I'd get thrown off the site if I repeated it.

To summerize:

What the ?F#&*^%.

How the #$^%$&!

G@$@#%#$^% D$&&&^%$**.

You F#%^%%&*%#@ A#%^&&*

W$&*%$##@ the F$#&$#

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"How is your family" Actually, It looked like "Come on sh**head..." Not sure after that.

After that I think he stopped speaking English, and reverted to extreme profanity.

It wasn't the ref that Muschamp and the other coaches were "talking" to that threw the flag. It was an official from elsewhere on the field that threw the flag.

Man the momentum of the game shifted during those penalties, it did appear the refs were blind to a lot of updyke holding along the line, it reminded me of the old WWF refs that never seemed to see the chair used during "matches". :-\

After watching Muschamp you just can't have a head coach display that kind of emotion unless you are looking forward to a good joe kines part 2 halftime interview one day. However a coordinator, yea I like it in a coordinator, sort of. (he does it every week)

Any lip readers out there? Interested in knowing what Muschamp was saying when he was yelling at the refs.

Already posted in another thread, and only a short excerpt of the conversation, but easy to read as Dick and Jane.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1490CFF60E1282532968413782016_4e3d76bb2a5.4.0.8818994317027120199.mp4?versionId=WVmHe0QBMlve_ICOEQTziC37TQ0lsD5n

I think he was yelling at the guy because CL got tackled right in front of that side judge but no flag was thrown?? And it was happening all game.

Yup.

Even if you don't believe that bama's OL gets away with holding on an epidemic level, nobody can watch Lawson get bear hugged and then thrown to the ground on that play and not admit that it was obvious and blatant. Breathtakingly so.

Muschamp is a live wire. Refs have to deal with head coaches, it's their job. But getting yelled at, cursed out and called Lord knows what from an assistant coach is probably not tolerated by refs.

I don't condone the foul language and getting the 15 yards for it was tough, however... sometimes the coaches have to go to extremes to let the players know that they have their backs. IMO, the refs deserved an earful, the players know it but they can't say anything, so coach goes off for them. I guarantee you the players weren't mad at the coaches for getting flagged. Just the opposite. They played their guts out for them and it will pay dividends down the road.

I think he was yelling at the guy because CL got tackled right in front of that side judge but no flag was thrown?? And it was happening all game.

Yup.

Even if you don't believe that bama's OL gets away with holding on an epidemic level, nobody can watch Lawson get bear hugged and then thrown to the ground on that play and not admit that it was obvious and blatant. Breathtakingly so.

I am sure Bama gets away with a holding call here and there but I find it a little strange that all of Bama's 12 opponents got 2 penalties for offensive holding all season and those were in the first 2 games. Explain that. Auburn did not get an offensive holding penalty but I seen them holding a few times. I guess it depends how you look at it.

Yup.

I am sure Bama gets away with a holding call here and there but I find it a little strange that all of Bama's 12 opponents got 2 penalties for offensive holding all season and those were in the first 2 games. Explain that. Auburn did not get an offensive holding penalty but I seen them holding a few times. I guess it depends how you look at it.

For real? That's insane.

I doubt many of your opponents got away with this, though:

CU_RfNoWoAE9OT7.jpg

I don't condone the foul language and getting the 15 yards for it was tough, however... sometimes the coaches have to go to extremes to let the players know that they have their backs. IMO, the refs deserved an earful, the players know it but they can't say anything, so coach goes off for them. I guarantee you the players weren't mad at the coaches for getting flagged. Just the opposite. They played their guts out for them and it will pay dividends down the road.

Agreed. NBA coaches and MLB managers get themselves ejected all the time. It sends a message. Not sure if Muschamp can be credited with that in this situation, but he hardly deserves the backlash he's gotten over this.

All teams get away with holding sometimes because the refs don't see it the back judge is moving his eyes back and forth between various players may have been looking at a different pair of players when hold was missed but the reality is it could be called on almost every play. Ideally the Ref's let them play and only call it when it is so obvious (Like the CL Bear Hug) or when the Hold obviously stops a player from making a play. The reason Muschamp was angry is he had asked them to watch that match up multiple times and that hold was so obvious a blind man could have seen it. He also saw the ref was in position to see it and obviously ignored it.

As for the profanity I will guarantee you when Saban came out on the field in the first half and got the flag and it was then turned into a warning that his language was also very colorful. I have heard people say the Refs also gave Auburn a warning. There is a difference from a Ref telling a coach to calm down and throwing a flag and giving an official warning. Auburn did not ever get an official warning so there was a double standard.

The indignation over Muschamp's language that I've heard from Bama fans is hilarious seeing that Saban leads the nation on F-bombs caught on camera.

I mean people are firing Gus on this thread....nothing wrong with his offense besides him needing a QB...

That's because every idiot with an Internet connection unfortunately comes to this forum to grace us with their "I win on my Xbox all the time" wisdom.

Didn't you know thats how Gus got the job here at AU? He beat all the other candidates in NCAA Football 14

I agree that was a badly missed call on the holding but I feel they got the late hit right. Yes the player dove while still in bounds but coker was 3 to 4 yards out of bounds when his legs get wrapped up and he is actually taken down. Plus there was no need for it since Garrett was forcing him out anyway.

Ive seen offensive players work the late hit rule to their advantage by pretending to go out of bounds. I don't blame Garrett for a second. But Reuben Foster is a thug for his late hit. That one screamed malicious intent as both were deep into the sidelines once he slammed the ball carrier.

Actually both players were in bounds on the Foster late hit. The ball carrier didn't touch the white until he actually hit the ground.

I considered it more of a "if I don't make this call, after the BS that my referee bretheren just pulled earlier I may not get to see my family again"/makeup call lol

I agree that was a badly missed call on the holding but I feel they got the late hit right. Yes the player dove while still in bounds but coker was 3 to 4 yards out of bounds when his legs get wrapped up and he is actually taken down. Plus there was no need for it since Garrett was forcing him out anyway.

Ive seen offensive players work the late hit rule to their advantage by pretending to go out of bounds. I don't blame Garrett for a second. But Reuben Foster is a thug for his late hit. That one screamed malicious intent as both were deep into the sidelines once he slammed the ball carrier.

Actually both players were in bounds on the Foster late hit. The ball carrier didn't touch the white until he actually hit the ground.

I considered it more of a "if I don't make this call, after the BS that my referee bretheren just pulled earlier I may not get to see my family again"/makeup call lol

If Foster had not picked the runner up and throw him down out of bounds he would have been fine. The hit was legal as it was in bounds, but Foster carried him out of bounds then picked him up and threw him down. That was the penalty.

Archived