Charles Kelly

RunInRed

I would like to know what we are offering CK. I do not see Jumbo being able to match us $$$ wise. FSU just is not in any financial condition to throw $1,000,000 per year for CK. My guess is that Jacobs told Gus to get Kelly onboard pretty much he did with XCWM.

I think we will be getting a much better DC in Kelly than we had with XCWM for $600,000.00 per year less. It would not surprise me if Gus has the latitude from Jacobs to offer Kelly at least $1,250,000 per year. Even at this cost, we are getting far more bang for the bucks with Kelly.

Auburn is not in a very good bargaining position at the time. We're frickin desperate....

Yes. Thank you for delivering reality to the ***masses.

wde

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if CK does in fact turn us down if LT is the backup? At today's bowl game presser Malzahn said Thompson had not expressed an interest in the job, but that is probably coach speak.

Carlton Davis just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/...132629671366656

Was hoping it was a "DC" for Daniel Carlson winning the Lou Groza award but that went to the guy from UCLA.

Carlton Davis just tweeted this:

He must be going to the white house...

I see where his comic book company allegiances lie.

MARVELous

We will have a DC onboard within the next 24-48 hours. Gus needs to get it done so that recruiting will not take any more hits. It would not surprise me at all if the DC is one that has a huge wow factor, and one that no one saw coming. I mean this with regard to landing a top 10 DC in all of college football.

If you pay it, they will come. Jumbo,(I know it is Jimbo), would have to trim his defensive staff by one or more assistants in order to match what we will pay.

Archived