Charles Kelly

RunInRed

So the longer this drags on does tbat indicate Jimbo is making a run at keeping him?

Can FSU afford to match? Apparently we are looking "desperate". Sounds to me like FSU is pinching pennies.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hell when I posted something last Tuesday about Will leaving it was attacked and then the old "not appropriate" for this site. I don't often post and I doubt if I post information again.

There's a difference between a random person who has not established any credibility posting inside information as fact and a person who has established credibility. Certainly, you are welcome to not post again, if you so choose. However, if you'd like to be a valuable member of the board, and you do have inside connections, I suggest introducing yourself, letting people know, as vaguely as necessary to keep your connections safe, how you are connected, and then being patient while people vet you. WDE, Jonsey, Red, Student, and a few others are known commodities on this site who are connected to the University and are privy inside info. They get the benefit of the doubt because they have proven themselves.

On a side note, I also recommend tweaking your posting style a bit. You have a tendency to post random thoughts that reference something you said hours or even days prior, without actually quoting the previous post, so a lot of the time, no one knows what you are talking about.

^^^Nicely stated.

Thank You. Learning how this all works.

Stick around. At the very least, there's always room in the peanut gallery. Loof and I will save you a seat.

What did I do this time? Oh, yeah, peanuts. I love 'em!

So the longer this drags on does tbat indicate Jimbo is making a run at keeping him?

Can FSU afford to match? Apparently we are looking "desperate". Sounds to me like FSU is pinching pennies.

We are desperate.

wde

Guys and gals, I think I know the hold up. It's not years or money or assurances of myriad kinds; rather, CK knows all about our epic will he/won't he WM mega-thread last year and he's waiting for this one to reach such heights!

I mean after all, 2,000 pages (more or less, rough estimate!) compared to 29 pp? C'mon man!

We are desperate.

wde

I don't think so. Desperate would be getting whatever you can get. We are paying for the best of the rest. Unfortunately, there is a price that comes with that. If we do in fact get kelly and have a great impact on both sides of the ball, do you think people will care about how much money the coaches are making? Success cures everything. Lashlee's contract wasn't a big deal until we started losing. Same goes with Gus.

We are desperate.

wde

Well if I'm Jimbo I'm trying to sell the Gus may not be here after next year angle.

Guys and gals, I think I know the hold up. It's not years or money or assurances of myriad kinds; rather, CK knows all about our epic will he/won't he WM mega-thread last year and he's waiting for this one to reach such heights!

I mean after all, 2,000 pages (more or less, rough estimate!) compared to 29 pp? C'mon man!

This is definitely the hold up.

I am sure Jimbo is selling the "Gus may not be here next year" angle, but two things:

1. Jimbo thought about an LSU job this year

2. the 3 year guaranteed contract will ease those concerns.

come on home CK. WDE!!!!!!!

Smh at you all not respecting my insiderability....

lol smh at you syh lol

As long as you don't syh at my insiderability though....

I would like to know what we are offering CK. I do not see Jumbo being able to match us $$$ wise. FSU just is not in any financial condition to throw $1,000,000 per year for CK. My guess is that Jacobs told Gus to get Kelly onboard pretty much he did with XCWM.

I think we will be getting a much better DC in Kelly than we had with XCWM for $600,000.00 per year less. It would not surprise me if Gus has the latitude from Jacobs to offer Kelly at least $1,250,000 per year. Even at this cost, we are getting far more bang for the bucks with Kelly.

Smh at you all not respecting my insiderability....

lol smh at you syh lol

As long as you don't syh at my insiderability though....

link?

As you know I can't name my sources. It ensures the safety of everyone involved

I would like to know what we are offering CK. I do not see Jumbo being able to match us $$$ wise. FSU just is not in any financial condition to throw $1,000,000 per year for CK. My guess is that Jacobs told Gus to get Kelly onboard pretty much he did with XCWM.

I think we will be getting a much better DC in Kelly than we had with XCWM for $600,000.00 per year less. It would not surprise me if Gus has the latitude from Jacobs to offer Kelly at least $1,250,000 per year. Even at this cost, we are getting far more bang for the bucks with Kelly.

I'd say closer to the $1,000,000 per yr (either end of it). Just my hunch.......

I heard that the hold up is that CK is on vacation with his family and won't be bothered until that's done............

Agents and things of that nature can end that obstacle....but Kelly was recruiting yesterday so I'm not sure if that's an issue or not. Who knows?

I heard that the hold up is that CK is on vacation with his family and won't be bothered until that's done............

Agents and things of that nature can end that obstacle....but Kelly was recruiting yesterday so I'm not sure if that's an issue or not. Who knows?

I'm pretty sure that was a joke referrring to an old coaching search

Auburn is not in a very good bargaining position at the time. We're frickin desperate....

emt can't believe you did not catch that...............your slipping at your old age

I'd suggest you leave tbat out of this if you know what's good for you...tbat don't play. :no:

Archived