Charles Kelly

RunInRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense to anyone on this board, but the way that information has been coming out of this situation, I don't trust anyone's opinion until something happens one way or another. There's just no way to tell. All the information that reaches this board has been passed down the line in one way or another. That isn't to say that some of you are making good-faith efforts to provide reliable information, which of course is appreciated.

Really don't blame the guy. Jimbo is entrenched at FSU, and Gus is on the hotseat. CK could possibly be out of a job soon if AU goes 6-6 again.

with a contract he gets paid plus can go wherever hires him, but i understand the concern even without money.

IMO if I was CK the only way I would leave Jimbo was with a guaranteed 5 yr, 1 mill. Jimbo is on top and can stay at FSU for the next 10 yrs it seems if he wants, could have had the LSU job, and Gus seems to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I hope he comes but professionally from the outside looking in it does not make sense.

The only hot seat I see for Gus coming from the fans....so with said...what record does he need to keep his gig? And if the seat is so hot then all hope of any respectable proven DC coming here is out of the question..that is if it based on the opinion of a few on this board.

maybe the fact that auburn is too quick to put good coaches on a hot seat after a down year is the reason we might have trouble filling the position.

Maybe, but I don't think Gus's seat is necessarily that hot. I don't expect that he'll be kept around if he continues to regress, but I also don't think he needs to win 10 games next year. If he wins 8 regular season games next year and a bowl game, I think he keeps his job. That only my opinion. I'm sure there are those who know more than I do and might disagree.

maybe the fact that auburn is too quick to put good coaches on a hot seat after a down year is the reason we might have trouble filling the position.

Naaaaaaaah! Sustained excellence in the toughest league in the country is all we ask. :)

Now, this is true desperation, if we missed out on Charles Kelly.

If want has been reported is true, we have missed on Kelly. We are desperate ...

Well, I haven't been on the LT bandwagon but if we have indeed missed out on Kelly and are down to our 3rd and 4th choices, i'd say might as well go with him and see what happens. Wouldn't be the dumbest move ever.

If want has been reported is true, we have missed on Kelly. We are desperate ...

I can't blame him. Too much to lose. Too many highs and lows this way. You consistently know what you are getting at FSU. All I know is, we need to name a freaking DC and calm the storm.

There was mutual interest; there was a meeting; there was an offer, the offer was rejected; there was a very nice second offer; the offer was considered and all but signed; there was reconsideration on the coach's part, but not rejection... next move...

I can't blame him. Too much to lose. Too many highs and lows this way. You consistently know what you are getting at FSU. All I know is, we need to name a freaking DC and calm the storm.

Seems that the storm is being whipped up by folks on this board...perhaps we could just calm down and let things play out before declaring that we did not get who we wanted .....or needed.

If we aim low enough we could probably always get our first choice. But when trying to get a guy from a successful program, about all there is to offer is money....and that's sometimes not enough. ....since the current employer has the option of competing.

It's worth rolling the dice, hoping to get a guy like Kelly but the odds aren't that great to pull him away ...unless there is some underlying dissatisfaction there.

Maybe we take a look at guys on their way up instead of coaches who have probably peaked as far as their careers are concerned.

There was mutual interest; there was a meeting; there was an offer, the offer was rejected; there was a very nice second offer; the offer was considered and all but signed; there was reconsideration on the coach's part, but not rejection... next move...

Next move to try to get Kelly or next move to get the next candidate?

The only hot seat I see for Gus coming from the fans....so with said...what record does he need to keep his gig? And if the seat is so hot then all hope of any respectable proven DC coming here is out of the question..that is if it based on the opinion of a few on this board.

If the person/people in charge of installing a seat-warmer are objective and were paying attention, Gus' seat isn't hot. That said, next year is crucial. Chizik went from comfortable job security to fired in the span of one season.

Well, I haven't been on the LT bandwagon but if we have indeed missed out on Kelly and are down to our 3rd and 4th choices, i'd say might as well go with him and see what happens. Wouldn't be the dumbest move ever.

I agree with that statement. Seems like getting a good DB coach would be easier than this.....

No offense to anyone on this board, but the way that information has been coming out of this situation, I don't trust anyone's opinion until something happens one way or another. There's just no way to tell. All the information that reaches this board has been passed down the line in one way or another. That isn't to say that some of you are making good-faith efforts to provide reliable information, which of course is appreciated.

With the way the AD operates and particularly CGM almost everything we try to provide is "opinion" but there was smoke on this one...it just never made to a full blown fire. ;)

Seems that the storm is being whipped up by folks on this board...perhaps we could just calm down and let things play out before declaring that we did not get who we wanted .....or needed.

If we aim low enough we could probably always get our first choice. But when trying to get a guy from a successful program, about all there is to offer is money....and that's sometimes not enough. ....since the current employer has the option of competing.

It's worth rolling the dice, hoping to get a guy like Kelly but the odds aren't that great to pull him away ...unless there is some underlying dissatisfaction there.

Maybe we take a look at guys on their way up instead of coaches who have probably peaked as far as their careers are concerned.

Personally, I think the recipe for defense is precisely what it has lacked: consistency and continuity. I would rather us not pay $1 million+ chasing a name in the hope of him coming in and instantly improving the defense for a year or two before leaving, thus adding himself to the list of DC's that only had their name on the door written on masking tape. A coach on the way up is likely to give us more than a year or two. Of course, that assumes there isn't a train-wreck next year that results in yet another top-down regime change.

So, it was Kelly, then it wasn't; then it was, then it wasn't?

Just trying to catch up on what I missed yesterday.

Pretty much...the guy is loyal to Jimbo and FSU.....on top of the current situation here I can see why it may be hard to pull the trigger.

it oscillated for a while. Not sure if it is still oscillating though.

Pretty much...the guy is loyal to Jimbo and FSU.....on top of the current situation here I can see why it may be hard to pull the trigger.

Thanks. Makes some sense to me. Anyone know whether it's FINAL or still up in the air?

If we are to get a new DC by Monday, anyone think there's any chance we try for Shoop, or do we go with CLT?

Archived