Charles Kelly

RunInRed

I thought the Dairy Creme in Auburn closed years ago.

Do you mean the Sani Freeze - aka the Flush?

I remember that too. Actually I think the DC was in Opelika.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@NoleSports: FSU commit Kyle Meyers after visit from DC Charles Kelly: “He said he loves FSU, and he don’t see himself leaving” https://t.co/XHmhSLO1CL

Okay ... :dunno:

Maybe it's the wine I've been drinking but I feel the longer this takes the less likely CK will come home to Auburn.

People said the exact thing about Muschamp ad nauseum last year.

tumblr_nlb5q0FEyc1uqurzdo1_500.gif

worth-waiting-for-o.gif

Florida State football, recruiting news: SEC schools continue to wrongly assume they can poach FSU's staff

Seen some chatter about FSU defensive coordinator Charles Kelly receiving Auburn interest after Will Muschamp left to become South Carolina's head coach. Kelly's defense is the only one since 2011 Alabama to hold every opponent under 25 points, and he has major Auburn ties, but I don't believe he is going anywhere, and neither do any of my sources on staff. Other sources say that Auburn can offer a lot, but not $1M and certainly not the $1.6M that Auburn was paying Will Muschamp. Auburn is also seen as a sinking ship by some in the coaching community, and Gus Malzahn enters the 2016 season on a very hot seat after going 14-12 in his last 26 games. No way would Auburn's athletic director let a coach on the hot seat sign a coordinator to some insane guaranteed multi-year deal.

Y'all hear that ?

They have no idea how loosely jj will throw money around.

I just spit Copenhagen on my iPhone. Hahaha.

Pruitt/Saban/Kiffen

Man the world of college football would be a better place without these 3 a-holes.

If Karma exist, there is no way Alabama doesn't have something big waiting to drop. Especially if they havs all 3.

Pruitt/Saban/Kiffen

Man the world of college football would be a better place without these 3 a-holes.

If Karma exist, there is no way Alabama doesn't have something big waiting to drop. Especially if they havs all 3.

One can dream ...

As of an hour ago it looks like Kelly is staying @ FSU & it's pretty much over. CKs loyalty to Jimbo because of Jimbo giving him his first opportunity & sticking w/ CK after a mediocre 2014 season in which Jimbo was under pressure to let CK go has won the fight.

Time will tell but Bob Shoop could be #3 on the list. Pruitt was #2 for those wondering.

Basically, it sucks to suck.

It's not the end of the world. At the lease we get LT as DC & I don't think he would be bad at all.

It's not the end of the world. At the lease we get LT as DC & I don't think he would be bad at all.

Probably time to pull the trigger on that decision and move on.

It's not so much that we missed on CK. It's more the disappointment at the current situation. And while we have not lost anyone up to this point, it is very unsettling that we cannot seem to get the job done. It's not Auburn's fault that Muschamp left when he did but it puts Auburn in a bad spot. Any recruiting momentum was at the very least halted, if not moving backwards and apparently we are going to miss on our 1st and 2nd choices for DC. I suppose it's just disappointment at the state of the program during a time when we need to be at our best. I suppose it's just me being disgruntled with a team who tries hard but seems to rarely meet expectations. That's not to say I don't appreciate the up years, it is just unsettling to have no consistency or reliability out of a team since we fired Tommy.

I knew it was fishy that I heard hour after hour from site after site that the Kelly deal to Auburn was all but done...but it never happened.

Looks like it's time to promote Lance

Agreed. I don't see Bob Shoop leaving Penn St and seems to me Lance would be the logical choice at this point.

I am concerned in the fact Lance wasn't immediately offered the spot. Leaves me wondering how much confidence Gus has in Lance.

As of an hour ago it looks like Kelly is staying @ FSU & it's pretty much over. CKs loyalty to Jimbo because of Jimbo giving him his first opportunity & sticking w/ CK after a mediocre 2014 season in which Jimbo was under pressure to let CK go has won the fight.

Time will tell but Bob Shoop could be #3 on the list. Pruitt was #2 for those wondering.

didnt realize he struggled in '14. Pruitt WAS no.2? So is he off the list?

didnt realize he struggled in '14. Pruitt WAS no.2? So is he off the list?

Pruitt is going to Bama.

If we offer Kelly between $850,00 - $925.000, FSU could realistically not match that. FSU does not have nearly the deep pockets we seem to have. Not long ago, FSU was in some serious financial situation with regard to the athletic department.

Auburn can easily outbid FSU for Kelly. I hope this happens within the next 48 hours so we can get back to recruiting and keep those committed on board. You can bet your bottom $$ that XWM & T-Rex will be sneaking around our best defensive recruits for 2016.

I hear FSU athletic department is $14 million in debt?

We're in debt, but those details don't seem to effect our contract offers.

If your saying the AU Athletic Department fund balance has a negative balance, I would appreciate a link to support this claim. Though we operated in the red for fiscal year 2013, that alone does not mean the Athletic Department is in debt (again if you're implying a negative fund balance). If you have support for your assertion please supply.

Archived