JSU QB Eli Jenkins

McLoofus

If he did want to transfer he would I assume look around. Texas A&m has more WR weapons.

AU is going to be loaded with weapons next year. Davis and Stove are elite WR's.

Boy am I glad KD is arriving early (Davidson too should Lawson leave).

i hope you are right but depending on true freshman is scary.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jenkins would be deadly in the malzahn offense. The Malzahn offense is amazing with the DTqb. This guy smoked AU

I have to say that I think he would be as good or better than NM. He looked like a better passer and good enough runner.

I can't believe that he would leave without some type of guaranty and I don't think Gus would promise that with the QB's we already have + the ones coming in. The best he could say is you will have a chance to be #1. This kid has a real chance a making an NFL team if he has a great Senior year. I he comes to Auburn and doesn't start that's gone. It's a big chance to take. It could be great for us and him if he decides to do it though.

I can't believe that he would leave without some type of guaranty and I don't think Gus would promise that with the QB's we already have + the ones coming in. The best he could say is you will have a chance to be #1. This kid has a real chance a making an NFL team if he has a great Senior year. I he comes to Auburn and doesn't start that's gone. It's a big chance to take. It could be great for us and him if he decides to do it though.

If he comes here and can't beat out one of our QB's then I'm not sure he had the skills to make an NFL squad because none of the QB's we currently have are making an NFL roster any time soon.

If he comes here and can't beat out one of our QB's then I'm not sure he had the skills to make an NFL squad because none of the QB's we currently have are making an NFL roster any time soon.

How did our QB situation get so bad? How can so many other teams do fine with their second-string QBs when we have to catch JUCO lightning in a bottle to do well? Why do we completely melt down every three to four years? I just don't get it!

To me the he would be competing more with the QB's coming in more than the ones that are already there.

How did our QB situation get so bad? How can so many other teams do fine with their second-string QBs when we have to catch JUCO lightning in a bottle to do well? Why do we completely melt down every three to four years? I just don't get it!

If your starting QB unexpectedly goes blank when the lights come on, your 2nd team QB gets hurt and your 3rd team QB is out because of arm surgery there is going to be a problem. Period. And there's not one flippin' thing any coaching staff in the world can do about it. Don't even bring up Baylor. That's been gone over and over in plenty of other threads. Is this plain enough for you to finally "get it"?

To me the he would be competing more with the QB's coming in more than the ones that are already there.

JJ aside, I wouldn't be so quick to write off a healthy Sean White or Tyler Queen.

I guess I assumed Tyler would be taking most of next year to come back. As for Sean when he was healthy last year I just didn't see it but with another off season maybe.

If your starting QB unexpectedly goes blank when the lights come on, your 2nd team QB gets hurt and your 3rd team QB is out because of arm surgery there is going to be a problem. Period. And there's not one flippin' thing any coaching staff in the world can do about it. Don't even bring up Baylor. That's been gone over and over in plenty of other threads. Is this plain enough for you to finally "get it"?

Why can't everyone get this?^^^^^

Why can't everyone get this?^^^^^

"AU family"

But that's suggesting that SW can do well if he's healthy. Of course he's going to do poorly if he's injured. How much confidence, though, do we have in him (and JF3) when he's healthy? I hope that clarifies my concern.

More the other way around and that is why they got him. The only one coming in with him is a true Freshman and history tells us TrFr QBs aren't a solution in their first year.

More the other way around and that is why they got him. The only one coming in with him is a true Freshman and history tells us TrFr QBs aren't a solution in their first year.

very seldom a true freshman qb is the answer. Even something of a rarity for a true freshman to be the answer at any position. For every Carlton Davis you have 20 or so Byron Cowarts.

QB situation at AU this season was extreme bad. If Jenkins comes in, I would feel alot better about the QB competition for next year.

Who knows. JFIII may come in and light it up and hush the nation.

If Auburn hasn't offered him, and if people don't even know if he is interested, why is this thread still going?

Well first off Auburn can't contact him while the playoffs are still going on. Second its the dead period and what the hell else do we have to take about in recruiting and finally I have heard AU has some interest

Archived