JSU QB Eli Jenkins

McLoofus

Any eord on how well his surgery went?

I've heard nothing, but that surgery has become so routine that a few are having it done as an optional procedure. It makes the thrower's arm slightly stronger and once done it doesn't have to be a concern in the future.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't write Queen off so soon. He looked very good in the A-day game. I believe had Queen been healthy he'd have been our QB after White got injured, instead of JJ making a second try.

Agreed. And I haven't written him off, I just think his chances of being healthy for spring are somewhere north of 50% but south of 100%.

EVERYBODY looked good the a day game....What does they mean?

It means they are physically capable of doing the job. If mental issues pop up when the pressure is turned on, that's something that can only be revealed under actual fire.

Before the Bowl game I didn't think we would look at this kid. After the first half we should be calling him.

Having a new QB ( someone that is not on campus now) next year will make or break us next year. JJ actually looked good in limited duty today. SW is not ready for prime time yet. We have a lot of tools to work with but we need a good QB to make it all go. I don't know if Eli or one of the others is the answer. My guess is that Eli won't transfer without a guaranty of starting but I think all Gus can promise is if you are the best you will play. I hope we get him because I think with this many QB's on campus we are bound to have at least one that can do well. We are going to be loaded next year on Off. all we need is a good QB.

Having a new QB ( someone that is not on campus now) next year will make or break us next year. JJ actually looked good in limited duty today. SW is not ready for prime time yet. We have a lot of tools to work with but we need a good QB to make it all go. I don't know if Eli or one of the others is the answer. My guess is that Eli won't transfer without a guaranty of starting but I think all Gus can promise is if you are the best you will play. I hope we get him because I think with this many QB's on campus we are bound to have at least one that can do well. We are going to be loaded next year on Off. all we need is a good QB.

Coleman and Young might leave, though. If we don't get Jenkins, it may be 2012 all over again.

Better hope we get this kid.

If wr get better and we have a little explosion in the run game I think we can win with SW. 3rd and 12's though??? Nope

If wr get better and we have a little explosion in the run game I think we can win with SW. 3rd and 12's though??? Nope

This is what I think as well. White is a capable QB but can't expect him to be successful only throwing on 3rd and long.

That's a big if but I agree with the rest of your statement.

I just don't see the possibility of this going you know. Too slim of a chance with no promise of playing. And Eli remembers what Christian LeMay had told him at one point when he transferred with no promise of starting. JSU is in a QB situation where there is and was a crowded QB depth chart there with no one having the promise of playing back in 2013. Had Max Shortell, LeMay, Eli, Kyle, Tyler Will, and a Walk On. That was a nightmare for everyone involved not named Eli.

That's a big if but I agree with the rest of your statement.

Hard for freshmen to come in and be the guy but if we really get one of our wr like Stevens to really come on and be the number 1 and the freshmen come in and work I think next year we can be better. KD coming early is huge and if we get the other guys of course

I just don't see the possibility of this going you know. Too slim of a chance with no promise of playing. And Eli remembers what Christian LeMay had told him at one point when he transferred with no promise of starting. JSU is in a QB situation where there is and was a crowded QB depth chart there with no one having the promise of playing back in 2013. Had Max Shortell, LeMay, Eli, Kyle, Tyler Will, and a Walk On. That was a nightmare for everyone involved not named Eli.

It's only rational if he wants to experience a bigger stage.

Coleman and Young might leave, though. If we don't get Jenkins, it may be 2012 all over again.

In how many places are you going to post your silly "2012 is coming again" drivel? Once was more than enough.

In how many places are you going to post your silly "2012 is coming again" drivel? Once was more than enough.

Yep. Don't know if I'd go 2012. Say what you want about this year but the kids never stopped playing hard all year. 2012 the kid quit after the second game.

Yep. Don't know if I'd go 2012. Say what you want about this year but the kids never stopped playing hard all year. 2012 the kid quit after the second game.

The kids played their hearts out all year. There is no comparison to 2012.

If he did want to transfer he would I assume look around. Texas A&m has more WR weapons.

AU is going to be loaded with weapons next year. Davis and Stove are elite WR's.

Boy am I glad KD is arriving early (Davidson too should Lawson leave).

Archived