Men vs. Missouri - Game Thread

WarTiger

My only beef with bowers is rebounding. As good as he does ... I think he could and should be better ... As in 3-5 boards a game better. I personally don't think it is unreasonable. I see him trotting the other way too often when shots go up. I don't see our players consistently enough "attack" rebounds.

Bowers doesn't seem to have the touch at the rim this year with short shots and that is unfortunate. I'm not enough of a basketball guy to have a thought on it. Last year, however, his missed shots were mostly tips after others missed ... At least that's how I remember it. I think his misses this year are more of the "run of play" variety (to steal a soccer phrase)

You have to give him credit for his offseason hard work. He worked on his body and his free throws. Both have shown on the court. He needs to control his temper ... Although I like the fire.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My only beef with bowers is rebounding. As good as he does ... I think he could and should be better ... As in 3-5 boards a game better. I personally don't think it is unreasonable. I see him trotting the other way too often when shots go up. I don't see our players consistently enough "attack" rebounds.

Bowers doesn't seem to have the touch at the rim this year with short shots and that is unfortunate. I'm not enough of a basketball guy to have a thought on it. Last year, however, his missed shots were mostly tips after others missed ... At least that's how I remember it. I think his misses this year are more of the "run of play" variety (to steal a soccer phrase)

You have to give him credit for his offseason hard work. He worked on his body and his free throws. Both have shown on the court. He needs to control his temper ... Although I like the fire.

Cim is 4th in the league in rebounds per game (8.7), behind guys who are 6-10, 6-9, and 6-10. He's 6-7. That's not tall in the SEC.

I think he might be shorter than 6'7 in reality but if he could just play under control it would be a big help to himself and the team. But I take the good with the bad with him because we need someone like him

I understand he has a lot of rebounds and there are taller guys ... I just think he is capable of more. I believe the guy has not tapped into all of his ability. I'm really giving him a backhanded compliment.

I know this is a tired comparison, but he really has some Barkley-esque traits. He won't reach that level but striving for it would make him great.

There was a big wide dude that played at arky or one of the Mississippi schools about 5 or so years ago that was also comparable (but that guy was wider). Bowers isn't as heavy but he is athletic and powerful.

Archived