Men vs. Missouri - Game Thread

WarTiger

Mizzou was the worst team remaining on our schedule. We are down by 17 with 9 minutes left. What does this mean for the rest of the season? Really starting to lean towards a 3-15 SEC season as a real possibility.

I wouldn't jump that far ahead after a 1-2 start. Tonight is an inexcusable loss, yes, but the SEC presents plenty of winnable games.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will I get lambasted by folks here if I say I'm incredibly disappointed in Pearl's second year? I wasn't expecting an ncaa bid but this is not good. This was a winnable game on the road and we're gettin it handed to us.

Well I once was thinking we are a year away from being really good. I am now beginning to think we are 2 away from even being competitive. Another lost BB season.

AU will be more competitive next year, but it's likely one where they are going to hope for an NIT bid. Program has a long way to go I ordered build depth. They are playing with 3 guys on the floor right now who wouldn't see the floor at most SEC schools because of injury and eligibility. You can clearly see that they have a lack of talent akin to all the previous years. However, you can also see that Bruce has made an effect (not just in recruiting). These guys just haven't gelled though. They really do play hard, they just don't match up well against many teams.

Again with the non-call on the drive. Harris goes to the basket and his defender puts both hands on him to push him out of the lane. That's not why AU is losing but the lack of consistency with the calling of the new rules is glaring this year.

Will I get lambasted by folks here if I say I'm incredibly disappointed in Pearl's second year? I wasn't expecting an ncaa bid but this is not good. This was a winnable game on the road and we're gettin it handed to us.

No but remember that we don't have 3 of our best guards available right now.

Injuries and ineligibility have put this season on ice. Need 5-7 guys who have decent collegiate talent and AU has 4 available. Not going to win much with that.

Mizzou was the worst team remaining on our schedule. We are down by 17 with 9 minutes left. What does this mean for the rest of the season? Really starting to lean towards a 3-15 SEC season as a real possibility.

I wouldn't jump that far ahead after a 1-2 start. Tonight is an inexcusable loss, yes, but the SEC presents plenty of winnable games.

AU being .500 in the SEC was a stretch to begin the season. With the available players and guys not playing as well as expected, 3-4 wins is probably all AU can hope for at this point. Just got to endure it and let Bruce keep working to turn it around.

No but remember that we don't have 3 of our best guards available right now.

Yeah point taken. Seems AU just can't catch a break on the hardwood.

Alright Gents, I've seen this movie before and know the outcome so I'm gonna flip over to the Steeler game and watch AJ get knocked around. Maybe that will change our luck. Later.

I hesitate to say this about any AU team, because it always gets lambasted and put in the borderline "bashing" column, but this team appeared to quit tonight, or just never started with 100% at all, talent issues notwithstanding.

Thing about Missouri is even their fans don't expect much from their team....the place looks mostly empty......back in the day when they were a ranked or seriously competitive team they usually packed the place.

Well....this game is done...time for bed...

I hesitate to say this about any AU team, because it always gets lambasted and put in the borderline "bashing" column, but this team appeared to quit tonight, or just never started with 100% at all, talent issues notwithstanding.

I won't bash that tonight. I agree. Came out flat and have made lazy plays all night.

It's like Tenn was our one game season - have not looked good since that game, turnovers, bad shots, too many fouls etc...

Only one player looks to me like he has quit. The rest is just not having the guns to compete in the SEC.

Amazing how many of you just put the remaining games in the loss column. I'll never understand that kind of outlook on life. Why even bother watching the games if you already expect we are going to lose? Go find something to do that makes you happy. The constant negativity is tiresome.

Canty makes two FT's. 74-52.

Archived