Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Pay attention boys..............know dis

WTH. Blues night it is. Props 57.

Bought my tickets to Govt Mule at Avondale today! The best show (in my opinion) that Bham will see this year. 5 months away. Got a long time to wait patiently!

I didn't know you could get them yet. I haven't seen them online, not that I wouldn't rather pick them up at the brewery. :cool:/> Guess I know where I'm headed........................

http://mule.net/tickets/?event=58193&cookie_attempted=1&cs-event=58193

Bought my tickets to Govt Mule at Avondale today! The best show (in my opinion) that Bham will see this year. 5 months away. Got a long time to wait patiently!

I didn't know you could get them yet. I haven't seen them online, not that I wouldn't rather pick them up at the brewery. :cool:/> Guess I know where I'm headed........................

http://mule.net/tick...&cs-event=58193

gracias

Seeing these guys tonight at the Fox in Atlanta with my sister

Man I still wish that song was never made into modern country. It used to be a song people into good music knew well and most others didn't know at all. Now Luke Bryan fanboys sing along. Darius version wasn't terrible, just wish it had never been made..

By all accounts, Dr. John and crew were blowing it up yesterday at Jazzfest, before a monsoon combined with thunderstorms forced a shutdown for safety issues....Shame. Fine place to see him.....natural habitat, lol...

http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/2016/04/dr_john_jazz_fest_new_orleans.html

Edited by telling tiger

By all accounts, Dr. John and crew were blowing it up yesterday at Jazzfest, before a monsoon combined with thunderstorms forced a shutdown for safety issues....Shame. Fine place to see him.....natural habitat, lol...

http://www.nola.com/jazzfest/index.ssf/2016/04/dr_john_jazz_fest_new_orleans.html

I'd bet that was a good show. Also the last 2 nights there was the Last Waltz concert in NO headed up by Warren. I checked on tickets for it.........................$175 dollars face value for the freaking balcony! They sold out two shows at that price! I have a friend in NO. We discussed going. Saw the prices, hoped a dvd of the show came out one day. Id bet it was a good one though!

Even though I would've preferred this weekends shows, I'm glad we went last week. We would've been miserable and those fairgrounds are probably a disaster.

We were staying right by the Sanger Theater, the one with the Last Waltz. Saw "the Last Waltz" on the marquee and assumed they were just showing the documentary.

I've done the rain at Bonnaroo a couple times, torrential downpours at several Phish shows. It's not a fun time.

There is one exception, Tool during the Lateralus tour early 2000s. To this day it was one of the best concert experiences I've had. During Aenima, they blasted the lights from behind Maynard silhouetting him in the rain during "Cause I'm praying for rain and I'm praying for tidal waves". It was sublime.

Bonnaroo? Brave man. Been there, had a really easy in and out, though.

Went twice. 04 and 06. Doubt I'll ever return unless it's in an RV. Far too hot that time of year to have no decent relief. The nights were pleasant, but being forced out of your tent at the crack of dawn(otherwise you cook) isn't my idea of a fun weekend anymore.

I'd rather stream it while sitting in the pool with a cold beverage and clean bathrooms.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

After many years of exposure, I'm now allergic to crowds of that size. Deathly.

I usually don't fair well in large crowds either, but I was actually okay at Jazzfest. Helps that you can just set up a chair and stay there as long as you want.