Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

We are all very good, sir. Family is fine, little fellas are magnificent. Business is humming right along...

After the spring and summer, we are ready for a little down time. Comparatively speaking.

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dang. RIP

Lenny is my favorite SRV song. 

Tapping dat azz and he is right. Love the town and it's music. It's AMERICANA music. Chris and Sturgill are the only two in, " country ", worth listening to, imo. More than plenty, great music made here, you won't find it on commercial country radio.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, telling tiger said:

Tapping dat azz and he is right. Love the town and it's music. It's AMERICANA music. Chris and Sturgill are the only two in, " country ", worth listening to, imo. More than plenty, great music made here, you won't find it on commercial country radio.

Someone put it on country Pandora station the other day at work. After 6 hours of that mess, I was glad to leave. I can only take so many whiny songs about exes and trucks before I break. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Someone put it on country Pandora station the other day at work. After 6 hours of that mess, I was glad to leave. I can only take so many whiny songs about exes and trucks before I break. 

There are a few more than I listed, Jamey Johnson and Margo Price as other examples..........If anyone listens to a bro country song and calls it country, you know, their next clue will be their first one.

Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan? C'mon! If that aint country, I'll kiss your ***. Quoting another artist I know TT likes so much. lol...

Hehe.............His Barness, what's up?

Well it ain't country, sooooooooooo.

This is not new, Johnny Cash, Jennings, Kristofferson and a good thousand other artist, had the same airtime issues..........For the last 2 decades of his life, Cash didn't get airplay, so called, mainstream.

Not a thing, trying to make it through a rainy Monday. You?

You know I joke. I refuse to listen to the mainstream Nashville music. 

Got to see them in Auburn at some little bar, forgot where. Had no idea who they were or what they were about. Freaking awesome show. Punk AF. Saw them again in Atlanta, they seemed a little strung out and tired that time. But the lead singer- the little brunette with the crazy eyes- somehow noticed me walking out of the room. It was a small room, maybe a couple hundred people, but it was dark and everybody was standing and it's not like I'd been close to the stage at all or anything like that. They'd picked up a box of Hubig's pies in NOLA and were throwing them out to the crowd, and she yelled, "Hey, HEY YOU!" and I turned around and she threw one over the crowd right to me. Sorry... just randomly remembered that.

I think they're broken up now, unfortunately. 

Hah..........

As so many other artist have shown, you gotta maintain really good control when you tour endlessly, it is incredibly hard. Breakdown, set up, sound check, meet and greets, travel, miss your family, friends, your sig other, even if sig other can handle it, Waffle House 4am eating plan..........Wears you out. Nothing about it is only 2-3 hours of performance.