Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Not a big fan of Al.com, the reviewer has a good grasp on Simpson, tho........

No real big hits and still he sells out his shows and his music transcends beyond country or Americana audiences...

I was shocked at the comments on the crowd tho. seems like they were laid back.....Even Sturgill said, "I thought Alabama would be more rowdy"....weird.

I'd say that the NOLA crowd was pretty tame as well. Lots of folks milling about like middle schoolers. I'm pretty sure the lady in front of us with the shredded black t shirt, curled up Brett Michaels cowboy hat (complete with a pheasant feather) and black mini skirt was at the wrong show.

When he turned it up, the crowd got loud. 

He covered When the Levee Breaks. Uh, yes please.

Hehehe.............there is a thing some folks do, it's a game called, "didjasee?"

When the lights are up or something crazy going down, like one drunk or uh......unstable person is dancing, a lot of folks play a game of didjasee that one? lol.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, telling tiger said:

Not a big fan of Al.com, the reviewer has a good grasp on Simpson, tho.........

Blake is an Auburn guy and a very knowledgeable and enthusiastic music fan. He's from the Shoals area. I don't always completely agree with his tastes but they're genuine and respectable. 

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I'm pretty sure the lady in front of us with the shredded black t shirt, curled up Brett Michaels cowboy hat (complete with a pheasant feather) and black mini skirt was at the wrong show.

LOL

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

LOL

The way she was gyrating/slithering around, I was having flashbacks to Tawny Kataine(sp)...cept there was no Jaguar, no Whitesnake, and she wasn't hot.

That said, there was a lot of whiteness concert dancing going on, so who am I to judge. Hell, I probably looked 10 times as goofy. Beer does that to....awe who am I kidding.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The way she was gyrating/slithering around, I was having flashbacks to Tawny Kataine(sp)...cept there was no Jaguar, no Whitesnake, and she wasn't hot.

Hahahaha... that's exactly what I pictured from your previous description... hahahaha

Tons and tons of people hold onto their concert uniforms a few decades too long, but something about the hair metal crowd, man... I mean, the Deadheads didn't look sexy then and they still don't now... but the Poison/Whitesnake crowd... oy.

Full disclosure: I've put one foot in and done the hokey pokey with both crowds.

Awwww, dude, you need to try to get that foot back...........lol.......I try to maintain a modicum of respect for most music, takes a certain amount of talent to produce it, like the product or not....

Hairbands will never meet that criteria for me.....ewwwwwwwwww......

When I heard 'Shout at the Devil' by Motley Crue somewhere between 3rd and 4th grade, it was a defining moment for me. I'll never forget hearing it on some neighborhood kid's turntable in Montgomery. And I still think it's a bad arse album. Still love 'Theater of Pain', too. Everything after that fell short, but of course 4th grade Loof turned into 6th grade Loof and 6th grade Loof listened to whatever the bad girls were into. Bon Jovi, Poison (who I honestly thought were girls when I saw the album cover), Skid Row, all that crap. Also, the metal videos were the ones with the hot girls doing weird things on cars, as Refuge pointed out. 

Got into The Cure, Skinny Puppy, Danzig and some other stuff because of some cute goth girls I knew. Same story, although I still like Danzig and some Cure. 

Listened to a ton of thrash/hardcore/punk stuff throughout, but that was because I genuinely liked that music. 

• Like 1

Listened to half of it on NPR the other day, mainly just to confirm that I was going to give that girl some of my money when it comes out.

Side note: also listened to the new Kishi Bashi album. Didn't know anything about it going in and was surprised at how much I liked it, given the genre, whatever genre that is...

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

When I heard 'Shout at the Devil' by Motley Crue somewhere between 3rd and 4th grade, it was a defining moment for me. I'll never forget hearing it on some neighborhood kid's turntable in Montgomery. And I still think it's a bad arse album. Still love 'Theater of Pain', too. Everything after that fell short, but of course 4th grade Loof turned into 6th grade Loof and 6th grade Loof listened to whatever the bad girls were into. Bon Jovi, Poison (who I honestly thought were girls when I saw the album cover), Skid Row, all that crap. Also, the metal videos were the ones with the hot girls doing weird things on cars, as Refuge pointed out. 

Got into The Cure, Skinny Puppy, Danzig and some other stuff because of some cute goth girls I knew. Same story, although I still like Danzig and some Cure. 

Listened to a ton of thrash/hardcore/punk stuff throughout, but that was because I genuinely liked that music. 

:thumbsup: