Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I guess maybe it was a perfect choice?

Apropos of nothing, and I've posted it before (as have others, probably), but...

Oh yeah I've posted that song so many times especially  AE days. Lots of story's/memories with this song.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

This is the one I damn' near got tired of this year

I can see that. Entertaining at first, especially the bit about doing it first in Alabama. But repeated listenings could be an issue. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can see that. Entertaining at first, especially the bit about doing it first in Alabama. But repeated listenings could be an issue. 

Like the the South?

Supremacy lost, so cling like hell to seniority.

Lot's of other good music, however.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Alas, Mardi Gras party's over

Good concert band saw them twice. I'm sure everyone knows the story behind the name of the band. On those cold nights in Aussie land

• Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Good concert band saw them twice. I'm sure everyone knows the story behind the name of the band. On those cold nights in Aussie land

Just looked it up. Good story. At first I thought it might be something much different, but that's on me. 

17 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I'm being a bit self indulgent today. I think I spent a whole year listening to nothing but Rush.

Always kind'a amazed me, the fullness of sound generated w./just 3 guys onstage

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Growin' up in the South, generally slept w./ one dog at a time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm really, really digging this. 

Kind'a worried me at first

The way they started picking up tempo early, and looking down at that 5:29 duration, wasn't sure they'd make it.

Drummer's a beast

• Like 1

Today's offering returns to incestuousn cross-fertilization in the music scene.

I believe that Mr. Stills has said that he wrote this concerning his fling with Judy Collins.

BTW - Saw these guys recently at Tloosa Amphitheater. Mr. Crosby is back in full health and voice.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Master vs Justice... who ya got? Conversation with no wrong answers...

That's a tough one. I love both of them. Masters was my intro to metal, so it holds a special spot. But Justice blew my mind...plus I remember listening to it in my brother's '86 Skylark with thousands of dollars of stereo equipment including 10"subs...plus I had a mullet back then...I digress...sorry.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

3 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Today's offering returns to incestuousn cross-fertilization in the music scene.

I believe that Mr. Stills has said that he wrote this concerning his fling with Judy Collins.

BTW - Saw these guys recently at Tloosa Amphitheater. Mr. Crosby is back in full health and voice.

David was on his death bed 30 years ago. Amazing he even can talk much less sing. And yes the song is about Judy Collins

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That's a tough one. I love both of them. Masters was my intro to metal, so it holds a special spot. But Justice blew my mind...plus I remember listening to it in my brother's '86 Skylark with thousands of dollars of stereo equipment including 10"subs...plus I had a mullet back then...I digress...sorry.

I wanna buy this post a bunch of shots and then hold its hair back when it gets sick later. So many common threads... too many...

Justice was my re-introduction to metal. Crue's Shout at the Devil was my intro. A couple years later, I was listening mostly to hardcore punk and thrash metal- 7 Seconds, Sex Pistols, Suicidal Tendencies, DRI, MOD/SOD, Anthrax, etc.- and then when my brother gave me Justice as a Christmas present, it was like, "Here's all that anger and violence, but here's some killer musicianship and melody and song structure, too". I worked my way back from there. 

Battery... Master... Sanitarium... GTFO

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wanna buy this post a bunch of shots and then hold its hair back when it gets sick later. So many common threads... too many...

Justice was my re-introduction to metal. Crue's Shout at the Devil was my intro. A couple years later, I was listening mostly to hardcore punk and thrash metal- 7 Seconds, Sex Pistols, Suicidal Tendencies, DRI, MOD/SOD, Anthrax, etc.- and then when my brother gave me Justice as a Christmas present, it was like, "Here's all that anger and violence, but here's some killer musicianship and melody and song structure, too". I worked my way back from there. 

Battery... Master... Sanitarium... GTFO

Too much to post from a phone...I'll respond properly later.

• Like 1

At insistence of my wife (bless her heart), I present a newer "honky tonk woman"