Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Very glad a real Pantera fan jumped in. I'm not really checked out on this equipment. I mainly rotate about 10 songs when I'm at the gym. Which hasn't been much lately. 

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Simultaneously one of the most succinct and apt descriptions I've ever heard of them. To answer your question, though, not really. I mean, they're not totally without melody, buuuuuuuut...

I saw a Pantera and White Zombie show at Oak Mountain in the late 90's. It was in support of the Far Beyond Driven album. Pantera put on an incredible live show. Really on top of their game that time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very glad a real Pantera fan jumped in. I'm not really checked out on this equipment. I mainly rotate about 10 songs when I'm at the gym. Which hasn't been much lately. 

I got into Pantera when Vulgar came out, it was my teenage years (showing my age). I still rock Pantera on a regular basis. If you have itunes or whatever, get the live 101 Proof album - it's awesome, especially the 5 Minutes alone track.

• Like 1

***EXPLICIT*** lyrics

• Like 2

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Simultaneously one of the most succinct and apt descriptions I've ever heard of them. To answer your question, though, not really. I mean, they're not totally without melody, buuuuuuuut...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aubearcat said:

***EXPLICIT*** lyrics

If the mood strikes me just right while listening to this, it makes me want to go outside and punch my driveway...repeatedly. I love it.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If the mood strikes me just right while listening to this, it makes me want to go outside and punch my driveway...repeatedly. I love it.

Aha! Brilliantly put.

Makes me feel the same damn' way, and

I don't love it.

I think I understand now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I saw a Pantera and White Zombie show at Oak Mountain in the late 90's. It was in support of the Far Beyond Driven album. Pantera put on an incredible live show. Really on top of their game that time.

I remember when that show happened. My mom wouldn't let me have that album because the girl at Sam Goody fed her a lie that someone got killed in the pit and that they were nazis because Phil Anselmo had a shaved head. 

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I remember when that show happened. My mom wouldn't let me have that album because the girl at Sam Goody fed her a lie that someone got killed in the pit and that they were nazis because Phil Anselmo had a shaved head. 

My mom didn't really stop me from getting stuff but would tell me how "terrible" it sounded. I remember in elementary school we were told and thought KISS was knights in satans service and AC/DC was antiChrist devils child. 

My mom went to a record store when we were in high school and asked the clerk what she should get my older brother. Just totally open to whatever. He talked her into buying 2 Live Crew's 'As Nasty As They Wanna Be'. This was fairly soon after she'd thrown his Cult CD in the garbage. She probably thought 'Fire Woman' meant something literal and really, really bad. My mom wasn't thinking so clearly in those days. 

I learned new and bad things from that 2 Live Crew album. 

• Like 2

Turn it up

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Turn it up

Many Thanks

Not "pretty" but I can dig it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My mom went to a record store when we were in high school and asked the clerk what she should get my older brother. Just totally open to whatever. He talked her into buying 2 Live Crew's 'As Nasty As They Wanna Be'. This was fairly soon after she'd thrown his Cult CD in the garbage. She probably thought 'Fire Woman' meant something literal and really, really bad. My mom wasn't thinking so clearly in those days. 

Apparently, not really "new" nor (in any legal sense) "bad."

I don't think the link leads to actual testimony, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Gates was an an influential expert witness in Crew's appeal of obscenity charges.

http://www.english.upenn.edu/~jenglish/Courses/gates.htxx

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I return to my comfort zone of "old" and "good":

Cooking

Pets

and condiments

• Like 1

I truly hope I'm not violating the intent of this thread. My last post reminded me that the birth name of Mr. Foxx was Sanford.

These TV theme songs are my favorites (barely beating out "Beverly Hillbillies?")(and no, I don't have them in my album collection)

• Like 1

Loved Night Court had a crush on Markie

As for TV theme songs there are way to many that could be #1....my top 5 would be....

lots of memories with these songs. As for your question about it being a music violation I would say no music is music 

• Like 1

This was the first song my garage band ever played/covered in public. I played my part (bass) on a Fender Urge Stu Hamm Mexy model...good times 

Edited by aubearcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Loved Night Court had a crush on Markie

As for TV theme songs there are way to many that could be #1....my top 5 would be....

lots of memories with these songs. As for your question about it being a music violation I would say no music is music 

"WKRP, with more music and Les Nessman" [Venus Flytrap]

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

This was the first song my garage band ever played/covered in public. I played my part (bass) on a Fender Urge Stu Hamm Mexy model...good times 

Pretty Damn' Cool, but

How the hell are they making the guitar necks (and strings) all wavy looking (or is that just me)?

Edited by AUinTLoosa

8 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Pretty Damn' Cool, but

How the hell are they making the guitar necks (and strings) all wavy looking (or is that just me)?

Just "cool" editing.