Starting to double back on my self.

More old Wet Willie

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Happens to me all the time. No one will ever notice

Notice?

Shoot, I didn't notice.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mr. Golf, sir (if you're still listening):

You may have guessed, by now, that my personal in to the show is through Buffalo Bills (vs. Mr. Preston).

(Still pissed they picked Ms. Jones for movie-version Marian)

Yeah I guessed that but I am huge fan of Preston and Paul Ford. Not a fan of S. Jones didn't even like her in Elmer Gantry movie. A little trivia the studio wanted Frank Sinatra to play the lead. Preston is a mans man 

• Like 1

Probably the one guy the most I wanted to see in concert but never got too. As far as solo acts he would rank in my top 2 or 3. Operator is one of my all time favorites....lyrics just seem to fit the music

Died way too young.......................................

• Like 2

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I guessed that but I am huge fan of Preston and Paul Ford. Not a fan of S. Jones didn't even like her in Elmer Gantry movie. A little trivia the studio wanted Frank Sinatra to play the lead. Preston is a mans man 

Appreciate your mature tastes and sensibilities.

Sinatra would have been a horrible fit. PTB's deemed Barbara Cook (Broadway Marian) insufficiently pretty for the screen.

Another trivium - In The Last Starfighter (really pretty poor movie) Mr. Preston unmasked his true (alien) identity shortly before he left the planet.

Edited for spelling, and to add - Worked 'til the last.

Edited by AUinTLoosa
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I feel confident that I have posted this before. I love this song and music video. 

Many thanks for the re-post (says the newbie too lazy to go back through old files).

Hard to imagine a drop of expressive dynamics they didn't milk from this.

Neat

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

"Daddy. Did you know Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?"

On 3/8/2017 at 0:36 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

But for every successful split (like Genesis) that leaves a sum of two parts greater than the original,

There are probably two that result in mere fragments, summing to less than the whole.

Whenever I think of Kenny Loggins, I think of what a successful run he had in the 80s doing movie soundtracks. I wonder how many other artists charted (top 10, no less) 3 pop songs that were written for movies? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whenever I think of Kenny Loggins, I think of what a successful run he had in the 80s doing movie soundtracks. I wonder how many other artists charted (top 10, no less) 3 pop songs that were written for movies? 

Yessir. Old man slipped another cog. Elton John maybe close? I do like his, Mark Knopfler's, and Phil Collins' soundtracks.

I do stand on Ms. Nicks as a swell-headed mistake that made the world the lesser.

Edited for punctuation screwups

Edited by AUinTLoosa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Yessir. Old man slipped another cog. Elton John maybe close? I do like his, Mark Knopfler's, and Phil Collins' soundtracks.

I do stand on Ms. Nicks as a swell-headed mistake that made the world the lesser.

Edited for punctuation screwups

Hmm... Collins with 'Against All Odds'... trying to think of what the others did in the film arena. I know Sir Elton did that one song for Lion King, right?

Speaking of Knopfler, damn, Communique is a good album.

• Like 1

Well not a big fan of Elvis but no one can come close to Elvis with movie soundtracks must have had over 20 with some being huge song hits here are a few

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS733US733&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=elvis+movie+soundtracks&*

Watch these dance moves remember seeing this movie at the King Drive in late 50's I believe

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hmm... Collins with 'Against All Odds'... trying to think of what the others did in the film arena. I know Sir Elton did that one song for Lion King, right?

Speaking of Knopfler, damn, Communique is a good album.

Agreed, and absolutely no argument here. I honestly believe he’s vastly underrated in peoples' guitarist pantheons. Rarely flashy, always just right. My point was that, prior to your previous, I hadn't thought about movie music as contributions. Mr. Knopfler wrote all music and the complete score of The Princess Bride (and some others). Though most of it was performed by a studio orchestra, he did (as others on my list) perform as well. You’ll note him here, just adding the right part to the overall whole he created (which you may also hear him in, and which is also right):

Sir John’s two hits out of Lion King were also his performances out of the whole that he (and Mr. Rice? I think) built. He and Mr. Taupin did Friends, as well.

Once you got me thinking on this theme – I suspect it would be tough to beat the Beatles (pre- and post-breakup) for movie-music hitting the charts.

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well not a big fan of Elvis but no one can come close to Elvis with movie soundtracks must have had over 20 with some being huge song hits here are a few

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS733US733&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=elvis+movie+soundtracks&*

Watch these dance moves remember seeing this movie at the King Drive in late 50's I believe

Can't particularly like, but

Yes! Still another slipped cog on my part.

3 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Can't particularly like, but

Yes! Still another slipped cog on my part.

Kenny's are actually must better with my favorite being from Caddyshack which was filmed on my old home golf course in Lauderdale

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

... Drive in late 50's ...

Bathroom/snack-bar trips - The original Surround Sound

25 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well not a big fan of Elvis ...

Elvis' "Love Me Tender Love Me Quick" was baldfaced theft of an old barbershop standard!