Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I love that you know who Todd Snider is.

I have a good friend from HS that plays the Texas singers songwriters circuit. I Met Todd when he played with him one night at Gruene Hall. 

Folks that only listen to mainstream music are missing out on the real stuff. 
     If you haven’t seen Snider tell about meeting Bill Elliott google it now. 

Edited by alexava
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, alexava said:

Folks that only listen to mainstream music are missing out on the real stuff. 

Absolutely!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, bigbird said:

Top row, very last on the right = 1st chair All state Alto = my baby girl!

Somehow missed this. They sound fantastic. Obviously your baby girl sounds the best. Very cool, Dad!

• Thanks 1

6ix9ine is out of prison and ruffling feathers. Set an IG Live record for 2m watchers. This video has 11m views in 5 hours. I think the dude is hilarious, and he’s definitely self aware. And all of his songs are bangers. Filming this in a cargo cargo container in his backyard. 

FYI if you don’t like big booty shaking or rap in general, it’s not for you. If you like both, you’re in for a treat. 

On 5/7/2020 at 9:07 PM, alexava said:

Aren't they great? Always and forever...love the Michael McDonald solo stuff too. 

• Like 1

So, SUPER throwback, but I just can't get enough of James Taylor these days. I holler at Alexa, and she never disappoints! 🤣

First one for the straight-up harmony. Next for same reason.

• Like 3

One of my favorites from my old vinyl collection. A bit of trivia in this one, Maureen McCormick aka Marcia Brady, sang backups on this one. Eddie was just cool...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

One of my favorites from my old vinyl collection. A bit of trivia in this one, Maureen McCormick aka Marcia Brady, sang backups on this one. Eddie was just cool...

Never thought I would hear  this song but I feel this is Eddies best song and wow good pull with Marcia Marcia as one of the backup singers. She actually made a album or two I believe

• Thanks 1

Posted a video for this band 3 years ago. Bigger fan now than I was then. They're about to drop a new album and this is the second single.

This video looks like something my friends and I would make after smoking a bowl in our teens lol, and they looked like they smoked all of the weed in California.

Vocals in math rock are rare, and this is the first time this band has included a song with vocals. Knew Yvette could sing, she's been doing it in her solo work for years, and it's a good move in light of the results.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 8:36 AM, McLoofus said:

Too soon? Too dark? Too callous? I'm an essential worker, does that mean I get to make dark jokes?

Also, y'all know how it's a thing now in movie trailers to have a child sing a song with just a sparse piano arrangement in a minor key to make it creepy AF? Yeah.

Oh, and there are several reasons I picked this instead of the actual video. Although seeing all those people crowded together in a mall might be pretty trippy rn. 

I'm so bored. 

Hah. So of course there's this now. Probably not interesting to anyone who didn't watch Umbrella Academy.

For your Monday evening enjoyment. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Since its a Rainy day here....Heres one of my top rainy day songs going back to when I was a kid.....

I am not the biggest Beatles fan but this is a classic album also would add The White Album

• Like 1

Been having some extra time to work on jams during social distancing so I figured I'd start a youtube channel and share with you guys. Enjoy some Jamaican vibes below! Subscribe if you like, report me for spam if ya hate it I'll take comfort in knowing I moved you either way 😁 

• Like 2