Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Just finished watching TinStar on Prime decent series not great but I love Tim Roth............ but an excellent soudtrack and beautiful scenery of Canadian Mtn.

A few examples

On 5/31/2020 at 1:37 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Not sure if you've seen Killer Mike's speech at Mayor Bottoms's press conference the other night, but man, that dude is so important to Atlanta. (Also check out her comments at the podium.)

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if you've seen Killer Mike's speech at Mayor Bottoms's press conference the other night, but man, that dude is so important to Atlanta. (Also check out her comments at the podium.)

I posted it in the Floyd thread on the political forum. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I posted it in the Floyd thread on the political forum. 

Hah. And I bet I clicked the like reaction. 

• Like 1

Two great tributes...had forgotten the one remembered in the first. Heard today, first time in years. Who remembers the songs' heydays; who can name his subjects? 

Edited by ToraGirl

Nostalgia, part 2. Which three are remembered here? ❤ What movies as well depict any of their lives? #lou

I'm not sure where this version of My Sweet Lord has been hiding from me but I'm sure glad I found it. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Downloaded and donated. I can’t wait to listen on my 7 minute commute to work 😆.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Great song and movie. Love Brian and Cusak so win/win for me. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, ToraGirl said:

Two great tributes...had forgotten the one remembered in the first. Heard today, first time in years. Who remembers the songs' heydays; who can name his subjects? 

Definitely remember the heyday of Elton. Empty Garden was haunting. Anyway the answers are Lennon and Marilyn. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, gr82be said:

I'm not sure where this version of My Sweet Lord has been hiding from me but I'm sure glad I found it. 

Fantatic saw Billy numerous times once in Auburn front row.............. one of my all time favorites. In his younger days he could put on one frickin concert.

This how Billy look like when I saw his concerts and he always played in front of the band and the hair.....................

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Definitely remember the heyday of Elton. Empty Garden was haunting. Anyway the answers are Lennon and Marilyn. 

Lennon and Diana...Marilyn, too?  

15 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Lennon and Diana...Marilyn, too?  

Originally Marilyn. Rewitten for Diana due to a misunderstanding between Elton and Bernie. He basically asked Bernie to write a tribute for Diana's funeral very much like he did for Marilyn. Bernie misunderstood and wrote the lyric to Candle in the Wind and Elton decided to keep it that way. A multi-million dollar misunderstanding by the way. Wish I could make a mistake like that. 

Goodbye Norma Jean is the one for Marilyn which is the one above. Goodbye England's Rose was for Diana. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2020 at 11:18 AM, McLoofus said:

I’ve listened to about half of it now. It’s a heater. And it POUNDS in the stock speakers in my car. Making me want to get a couple 12s. The production quality is top notch. It’s a really, really good album—but I would expect nothing less from RTJ at this point. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve listened to about half of it now. It’s a heater. And it POUNDS in the stock speakers in my car. Making me want to get a couple 12s. The production quality is top notch. It’s a really, really good album—but I would expect nothing less from RTJ at this point. 

Crazy how prescient it is. They made *the* album for*right now* months ago.