Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Have you seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood? I knew I recognized that Vanilla Fudge version from somewhere. Absolutely bonkers. Amazing.

As for trippy music, well, just exercise good judgment before attending a Halloween Phish show. This is them covering a Talking Heads song... which was written to sound like a Joy Division song... except nobody in Talking Heads had actually heard Joy Division... and they wrote the song to sound like Joy Division based off what they'd read that Joy Division sounds like. And this performance is way trippier than that might make it sound. Listen to the first few bars and then register that it doesn't get really weird until around 4:45. Sorry for the video quality but it's probably pretty fitting for everyone's mental state at that show. This is probably the one "I was there" concert I've been to. 

This is the entire set of them covering Remain in Light start to finish. Just one hour sandwiched in the middle of an already-full-length concert.

• Like 1

And if you wanna talk poor video quality from a Phish show, here’s their most recent Dinner and a Movie release(free show stream every Tuesday 8:30ET) from 1989. This was filmed by their still current official photographer/videographer, Rene. It’s just the 2nd set, but I couldn’t even watch it, it sounded great in the background though. 

I’ll also add, that in addition to a full show, a band member will offer a recipe if you want to cook for the “Dinner” portion of the  “Movie”. This show was Page’s turn, and he suggested a plain hamburger using 1lb of ground beef split into 5 burgers—which is absolutely hilarious(to me anyway), pretty sure he was trolling with that one. “You can add salt and pepper if you want”. Enjoy your 1/5 lb hamburger 🤣

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

'89, whoa, hahaha awesome

SET 2: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, On Your Way Down, Possum, Icculus, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, David Bowie

ENCORE: Contact

I was at Fare Thee Well, the last time all living Dead members played together at Soldier Field 7/5/15. Trey Anastasio took up Jerry’s role and delivered. 

AwmtMX8.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Most people at a show I’ve ever been at. It was wild. First pic is the line to get in(behind us). 

kZBDSyV.jpg

9Tj4yll.jpg

*WHOA* reaction

12 hours ago, Tiger said:

One of my favorite songs of all time. Such a vibe.

I only recently learned about Peter Green Fleetwood Mac. Yes, I am appropriately embarrassed. But holy crap. That was a good freaking band. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I only recently learned about Peter Green Fleetwood Mac. Yes, I am appropriately embarrassed. But holy crap. That was a good freaking band. 

Bro, I feel like I'm the only one who actually prefers the pre-Stevie lineup lol

Another gem: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Bro, I feel like I'm the only one who actually prefers the pre-Stevie lineup lol

Another gem: 

You definitely aren't, my dude.

Good gravy, y'all are sharing perfect music for today.

• Like 1