Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

12 hours ago, Tiger said:

Been having some extra time to work on jams during social distancing so I figured I'd start a youtube channel and share with you guys. Enjoy some Jamaican vibes below! Subscribe if you like, report me for spam if ya hate it I'll take comfort in knowing I moved you either way 😁 

Dude, I might have to spin your stuff on the beach this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, I might have to spin your stuff on the beach this summer.

Thanks bro! I truly appreciate that! I'm going to release a chill summer project in a month or so that I'll have on Spotify/apple music etc and I'd love your opinion on it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Thanks bro! I truly appreciate that! I'm going to release a chill summer project in a month or so that I'll have on Spotify/apple music etc and I'd love your opinion on it

Will be glad to listen and respond! Really like what I'm hearing so far. Can't understand the lyrics, lol, but everything else is really cool. Could definitely picture a few different scenarios where it would be good to have this playing. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2020 at 8:22 PM, Tiger said:

Been having some extra time to work on jams during social distancing so I figured I'd start a youtube channel and share with you guys. Enjoy some Jamaican vibes below! Subscribe if you like, report me for spam if ya hate it I'll take comfort in knowing I moved you either way 😁 

Very nice brings back memories of me working there wayyyyyyyyyyyy back when Marley would show up and play

• Love 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Very nice brings back memories of me working there wayyyyyyyyyyyy back when Marley would show up and play

Thank you, sir! Damn that must have been an awesome experience. How long were you down there for? I bet the stories are wild! 

Makes me think of my favorite Marley song:

33 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Thank you, sir! Damn that must have been an awesome experience. How long were you down there for? I bet the stories are wild! 

Makes me think of my favorite Marley song:

Back in the mid to late 70's believe it or not I was selling LEGAL drugs to phamacies/hospitals in the islands shipped from Miami. Worked the islands for three years or so. And yes the stories are wide I'm lucky to still be alive.

Love Marley, Jimmy Cliff and Burning Spears aka Winston Rodney were my favorites back then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Back in the mid to late 70's believe it or not I was selling LEGAL drugs to phamacies/hospitals in the islands shipped from Miami. Worked the islands for three years or so. And yes the stories are wide I'm lucky to still be alive.

Love Marley, Jimmy Cliff and Burning Spears aka Winston Rodney were my favorites back then

Harder They Come, one of the best movie + soundtrack combos ever.

Not sure how much you read but A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James is a really good book. Would probably touch on a lot of your experience down there, as it's set roughly in that same era. It was difficult for me to read a lot of it because much of the dialogue is written in patois with no translation. But by the end, I knew what certain things like bomboclaat and batty boy meant. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Harder They Come, one of the best movie + soundtrack combos ever.

Not sure how much you read but A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James is a really good book. Would probably touch on a lot of your experience down there, as it's set roughly in that same era. It was difficult for me to read a lot of it because much of the dialogue is written in patois with no translation. But by the end, I knew what certain things like bomboclaat and batty boy meant. 

Damn haven't heard those words since working there. Had to be careful using batty boy a lot of Jamaicans were very hostility toward them.

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn haven't heard those words since working there. Had to be careful using batty boy a lot of Jamaicans were very hostility toward them.

So yeah, you'd understand that book right out of the gate. I knew a little bit about that side of Jamaica- organized crime, shanty towns, the drug trade- but it was an educational and entertaining read. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So yeah, you'd understand that book right out of the gate. I knew a little bit about that side of Jamaica- organized crime, shanty towns, the drug trade- but it was an educational and entertaining read. 

Yeah I had to be very careful especially certain parts of Kingston, Nassau, San Juan and of course all of Haiti. 

• Like 1

FB_IMG_1590182628023.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Always been one of my favorites. Carly had the voice of an angel and in this skirt, legs that went on forever. 

52 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Always been one of my favorites. Carly had the voice of an angel and in this skirt, legs that went on forever. 

Agree just something about her 🥰 one of the few I never saw in concert 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 12:55 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

This song is “old”. But you better bang it by the pool this Summer. 

The Syracuse concert on Youtube last weekend... holy shnikees. Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, and maybe a little Springsteen... all in one tiny dude. Unreal. 

Nice pull on this tune.

11 hours ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Jimmy Hall of Wet Willie still got the pipes.

Good heavens a Wet Willie pull and Jimmy still sounding good................good pull and a really great song/lyrics. Lots of memories with this song

While I have golf attention. Since I saw the last I have gotten back into Wet Willie and Jimmy Hall. Holy smokes. This man was almost 70 doing this.

With Jeff Beck. When this pandemic mess is over with I'm going to make sure I see him live again.

• Like 1