Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

King was a great band was lucky to see them in 72

I unfortunately never got to see them live like my dad and likely never will at this point. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll tour again. Fripp seems game.

I was fortunate enough to catch Fripp in Atlanta for one show doing his soundscapes.  Guy can literally make a guitar talk. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Anytime you have a mandolin, banjo and a lap guitar I'm there

Indeed 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Second best stripper song dedicated to Cindy English Pub West Palm Beach

I might've said this before, but this one's on my I'm Driving a Stolen Ferrari and the Cops Are Chasing Me playlist. 

Funny story. My brother and I had all kinds of obscene and borderline satanic music in our libraries growing up. Fear, 2 Live Crew, M.O.D./S.O.D., Slayer, NWA, etc. (My mom even bought As Nasty As They Wanna Be for my brother for Christmas because she went to the record store and asked for a suggestion and the clerk decided to eff with her, I guess. She must have thought the big black bar covering those g-stringed booties on the cover was part of the album art.) Well, one day she goes into his room and finds the Cult album that song was on and LOSES. HER. MIND. She just saw the word Cult and thought they were, well, a cult. Wrote my brother a long letter about how she was worried about him and stuff. To be fair, she had a million reasons to be worried about him, but that Cult album was the last thing in his room she should've been worried about. We laughed and laughed about that. 

Damned good song. Damned good.

To Cindy!

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I might've said this before, but this one's on my I'm Driving a Stolen Ferrari and the Cops Are Chasing Me playlist. 

Funny story. My brother and I had all kinds of obscene and borderline satanic music in our libraries growing up. Fear, 2 Live Crew, M.O.D./S.O.D., Slayer, NWA, etc. (My mom even bought As Nasty As They Wanna Be for my brother for Christmas because she went to the record store and asked for a suggestion and the clerk decided to eff with her, I guess. She must have thought the big black bar covering those g-stringed booties on the cover was part of the album art.) Well, one day she goes into his room and finds the Cult album that song was on and LOSES. HER. MIND. She just saw the word Cult and thought they were, well, a cult. Wrote my brother a long letter about how she was worried about him and stuff. To be fair, she had a million reasons to be worried about him, but that Cult album was the last thing in his room she should've been worried about. We laughed and laughed about that. 

Damned good song. Damned good.

To Cindy!

Great story loof and damn funny..................... I've told the story before Cindy was a stripper at the Pub in WPB when I was dating her. Damn she was hot little blond

• Love 2

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great story loof and damn funny..................... I've told the story before Cindy was a stripper at the Pub in WPB when I was dating her. Damn she was hot little blond

Dating her, huh? Confident man. 

Funny, an ex's name came across my feed earlier today and I was reminiscing. She wasn't a stripper but she had the looks and the daddy issues. Great memories but everything worked out for the best. I was honestly glad to hear she's still alive.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dating her, huh? Confident man. 

Absolutely she treated me like a king. Hell she brought me new golf bags and a set of Ping Irons. She love to go golfing with me. She had a certain way of holding the pin while I putt use your imigination..............funny thing is I could never make the putt. A little distracted....

Side note she loved Pink Floyd was going to Palm Beach Junior College at the time never did drugs to my knowledge. My best friend was dating a stripper that worked at the Cheetah Pompano Beach at the same time

• Love 2

I got to thinking that I may to need to explain the connection to getting to know strippers. At the time I was in sales for McKesson Drug in south Fl. if I took a phamacist out seems like they always wanted to go to a strip club. These were high end strip clubs. $$$$$ Story after story 

MTV Nederland wtf omg mood eyes GIF

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I got to thinking that I may to need to explain the connection to getting to know strippers. At the time I was in sales for McKesson Drug in south Fl. if I took a phamacist out seems like they always wanted to go to a strip club. These were high end strip clubs. $$$$$ Story after story 

MTV Nederland wtf omg mood eyes GIF

No need to explain a thing brother. We are all friends here. No judgement whatsoever. Like, zero judgement. 

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

No need to explain a thing brother. We are all friends here. No judgement whatsoever. Like, zero judgement. 

Jealousy, maybe. Judgment, no.

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I don't have many of those stories, but I do know that a few extra bucks and a private room change the rules a LOT. (Cheetah ATL immediately comes to mind. And the Pink Pony.) Throw in pharmacists on McKesson's dime and I can only imagine. Especially in times past when laws and especially social norms were much different. 

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

OK which version

My name is not Sophie and a I refuse to make a choice.

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just to show you how old I am I attended a many tent revivals and baptisms in rivers and lake. Some of the best music you would ever want to hear

Oh man, one of the most beautiful songs in existence. I'm sure you've seen the video of the Colorado State choir singing it in the hotel atrium. Unreal. 

Got to see a Gullah baptism on the beach last summer. There were dolphins swimming by right as the dude was dunked. Beautiful moment. 

Speaking of Alison Krauss harmonizing on songs from Oh Brother, Where Are Thou?...  I was here for this performance. Goosebumps. Emmylou Harris is a goddess.

• Love 2

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was here for this performance. Goosebumps. Emmylou Harris is a goddess.

I'm jealous

as for the version on O Death I would have to go with Ralph just the tone and eerie sound of his voice scares me compared to Vera....jmo love both

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm jealous

as for the version on O Death I would have to go with Ralph just the tone and eerie sound of his voice scares me compared to Vera....jmo love both

That dude is revered for good reason. He's got that twangy Appalachian thing but he's also got incredible tone. And like you said, so much emotion in it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm jealous

I really like both versions, but I'm gonna go with Vera's. 

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My name is not Sophie and a I refuse to make a choice.

Oh man, one of the most beautiful songs in existence. I'm sure you've seen the video of the Colorado State choir singing it in the hotel atrium. Unreal. 

Got to see a Gullah baptism on the beach last summer. There were dolphins swimming by right as the dude was dunked. Beautiful moment. 

Speaking of Alison Krauss harmonizing on songs from Oh Brother, Where Are Thou?...  I was here for this performance. Goosebumps. Emmylou Harris is a goddess.

I'm glad ya'll brought this discussion up. I absolutely love the soundtrack to that movie. Gah, so much good music. Here's one of my favorites, along with another version..

• Love 2

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I really like both versions, but I'm gonna go with Vera's. 

I'm glad ya'll brought this discussion up. I absolutely love the soundtrack to that movie. Gah, so much good music. Here's one of my favorites, along with another version..

Love Skip James! Also love Chris Thomas King as of right now. Is he a Mississippi guy? 

Also, is Delta blues a big thing in your area? I'm trying to think of how to frame the question better... like... is it a thing in your area like jazz is a thing in NOLA or hip hop is a thing in ATL? 

• Love 2