Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I always feel like this is a good companion track. 

Awesome 

Been meaning to ask you guys- @ShocksMyBrain especially- if you've noticed the music on the Thursday night NFL broadcasts. Well now we know who to thank.

As the Bills and Chiefs went to their first television timeout during a pandemic-altered (5 p.m. ET) Monday night game back in mid-October, most of the football world heard announcer Joe Buck ease into commercial with an otherwise banal comment about a forgettable punt: “The Bills have it for a second time on a rainnny night in Buffalo. ...

But for a small subset of the NFL audience, this moment was more memorable than the game itself. As the bumper music beneath Buck’s voice kicked in, football fans of a certain musical persuasion would have recognized the layered guitar strums, backing horns and signature riff of a song called “Happy Hour Hero,” by the jam band Moe, which formed not far from Bills Stadium.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/17/fox-producer-who-got-the-nfl-to-jam

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Been meaning to ask you guys- @ShocksMyBrain especially- if you've noticed the music on the Thursday night NFL broadcasts. Well now we know who to thank.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/17/fox-producer-who-got-the-nfl-to-jam

Yep. Gets posted every time they go to commercial in my Phish groups 🤣. I think he started last year or the year before peppering them into broadcasts, but this year he’s doing it quite a bit. 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yep. Gets posted every time they go to commercial in my Phish groups 🤣. I think he started last year or the year before peppering them into broadcasts, but this year he’s doing it quite a bit. 

It's been great. I noticed that peppering but this year it was like 3 songs in a row from different bands and I started texting people. 

• Like 1

After the s*** show I see by our PTB music is the only thing that can get me thru this nightmare. We had Mario but still skrewed it up. Damn it to hellllllllllllll. I am so pissed off I may kick my wife and kiss my dog.

Sorry for the rant just **** it all

Lyric below is how I am feeling

There's a silence surrounding me
I can't seem to think straight
I sit in the corner
And no one can bother me
I think I should speak now (why won't you talk to me?)
I can't seem to speak now (you never talk to me)
My words won't come out right (what are you thinking?)
I feel like I'm drowning (what are you feeling?)
I'm feeling weak now (why won't you talk to me?)
But I can't show my weakness (you never talk to me)
I sometimes wonder (what are you thinking?)
Where do we go from here (what are you feeling?)
I feel like I'm drowning
(You never talk to me) you know I can't breathe now
(What are you thinking?) We're going nowhere
(What are you feeling?) We're going nowhere
(Why won't you talk to me?)
(You never talk to me)
(What are you thinking?)
(Where do we go from here?)

• Sad 1

@augolf1716 with your earlier Floyd post I thought you might like this...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, aubearcat said:

@augolf1716 with your earlier Floyd post I thought you might like this...

Wow never heard that version very nice with a totally different concept. Who would ever think to hear a mandolin in a Floyd song

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Never posted this song but I've always like Mick Jones from The Clash. This song has a lot of referneces to famous people as well as a few movies. Just a few of the famous people Marilyn Monroe, Joe McCarthy a few more

Big Audio Dynamite aka BAD

On 12/28/2020 at 3:43 PM, augolf1716 said:

Never posted this song but I've always like Mick Jones from The Clash. This song has a lot of referneces to famous people as well as a few movies. Just a few of the famous people Marilyn Monroe, Joe McCarthy a few more

Big Audio Dynamite aka BAD

Grrr, restricted at my office. Really weird algo we're using. 

i have discovered american aquarium and they are awesome and one of americana's finest.their newest cd is called lamentations from the bible and i believe it to be one of the best albums released this year................

• Like 1

I hate 🕷 but I love this 🎶. Mesmerizing 

Always love these covers. Helps you appreciate the original composition even more. Fripp-Belew-Bruford-Levin era Crimson was their best imo. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Always love these covers. Helps you appreciate the original composition even more. Fripp-Belew-Bruford-Levin era Crimson was their best imo. 

King was a great band was lucky to see them in 72

• Like 1