Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

Been on an older country music vibe lately. Before Brooks & Dunn there was Foster & Lloyd. This song is underrated and almost 5 years years prior to Boot Scootin' Boogie.

• Like 1

I posted this in the Movie thread but some of our music lovers may not check that thread out

Some will not be interested in this movie due to the type of music but I highly recommend watching. It gives great behind the scenes of the 60's music. Its not very well known but if you have time go for it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I posted this in the Movie thread but some of our music lovers may not check that thread out

Some will not be interested in this movie due to the type of music but I highly recommend watching. It gives great behind the scenes of the 60's music. Its not very well known but if you have time go for it.

Have actually been watching the Muscle Shoals doc again in bits and pieces. Love hearing about these studio bands. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Have actually been watching the Muscle Shoals doc again in bits and pieces. Love hearing about these studio bands. 

Muscle Shoals doc is also is good....... old Fame studios....... my home town of Russellville is just south of Muscle Shoals I remember when Fame use to be in Florence above a drug store

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Muscle Shoals doc is also is good....... old Fame studios....... my home town of Russellville is just south of Muscle Shoals I remember when Fame use to be in Florence above a drug store

I went to Russellville for work once. Had to drive to the last stop liquor store just across the county line.

The home health agency I was visiting was next door to a pet store/video rental combo place.

I saw a dude walking down the highway in flip flops with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth and a Pekingese under each arm. 

This is the only song I know of that calls Russelville by name. One of my favorite DBT songs. David Hood's boy, as you probably know. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I went to Russellville for work once. Had to drive to the last stop liquor store just across the county line.

The home health agency I was visiting was next door to a pet store/video rental combo place.

I saw a dude walking down the highway in flip flops with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth and a Pekingese under each arm. 

This is the only song I know of that calls Russelville by name. One of my favorite DBT songs. David Hood's boy, as you probably know. 

Wow had forgot that song and when I lived there you could only buy from bootleggers there was no liquor stores in the next county. As for the man carrying the Pekingese that could have been one of my old relative. 

• Like 1

I have listened to Imagine Dragons, Hurts, and these were my favourite bands for a long time. They are cool, but quite a mainstream, so I now I found RÜFÜS DU SOL. And this is my new inspiration! Just try to listen to them before work...early morhing, a cup of coffee, and this evergy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4KtD98S2c

No one going to mention that the guy that basically codified gangsta rap won a Grammy for metal last week? 

Man, I'm so glad Ice is still killing it. 

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Posty covers Sturg with Dwight Yoakam’s band.😳

So to me that is just straight fire. I actually looked him up because there's no faking that accent and, sure enough, he grew up in Texas. Anyway, all I ever hear about this dude is somewhat like-minded music fans being surprised at how much they like things he's done. And this makes me understand that. I also read that he tends to appropriate culture, and maybe this is him appropriating the resurgence of trad/outlaw country. I mean, I guess that's exactly what it is. But if it's good, and the dude isn't straight up copyright infringing, then I don't know if I care? Great pull, boss. I enjoyed listening to that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

So to me that is just straight fire. I actually looked him up because there's no faking that accent and, sure enough, he grew up in Texas. Anyway, all I ever hear about this dude is somewhat like-minded music fans being surprised at how much they like things he's done. And this makes me understand that. I also read that he tends to appropriate culture, and maybe this is him appropriating the resurgence of trad/outlaw country. I mean, I guess that's exactly what it is. But if it's good, and the dude isn't straight up copyright infringing, then I don't know if I care? Great pull, boss. I enjoyed listening to that. 

Post Malone is by all accounts a good, down to earth person who has some really great talent. I’m not crazy about his radio hits as they are targeted at a generation (or two 😤) before me. However, when he puts out stuff like @Tiger Refugeposted I’ll always listen. 

• Like 1