Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Like that song- and just about anything TT. My favorite as I’ve mentioned before:

I can't pick a favorite. Also can't beat either of those two. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, cbo said:

This song makes me feel better when I need it. Feels so good feelin' good again. 

Saw REK and Lyle together, just the two of them with acoustic guitars on stage. Great concert, cool to see two guys that have been friends forever playing great music together 

• Love 1

20 hours ago, cbo said:

You nailed the top albums. Those are all pretty much perfect. I'd add I Love Everybody. I know I'm in the minority on that, but it's filled with perfect little songs. 

I've seen him about half as much as you. Perfect every time. I have the same irrational dislike for Julia Roberts. 

Ok. After this discussion I listened to Lyle while raking the yard this afternoon. I’ll add “Step Inside This House” to the list-all covers but lots of good songs. The title song a Guy Clark song that Guy never recorded but Lyle talked him into letting him record Great album….

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

Saw REK and Lyle together, just the two of them with acoustic guitars on stage. Great concert, cool to see two guys that have been friends forever playing great music together 

Out of likes but yes!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Would love to see that. They go way back, as you clearly know. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Ok. After this discussion I listened to Lyle while raking the yard this afternoon. I’ll add “Step Inside This House” to the list-all covers but lots of good songs. The title song a Guy Clark song that Guy never recorded but Lyle talked him into letting him record Great album….

That is a great album. I love Texas River Song on there. And many others. 

And now I have to share my favorite Guy Clark song. 

"I wish I was in Austin

In the Chili Parlor Bar,

Drinking mad dog margaritas

And not caring where you are"

• Love 1

Shoegazy post-metal, anyone? More styles crammed into this track than you can shake a stick at. 

44 minutes ago, cbo said:

Would love to see that. They go way back, as you clearly know. 

So fun. No set list. Just sitting bulls———-g, then, “Oh yeah, remember I wrote this song about you”, lol. Great Lyle song including REK

• Love 1

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Can relate.

Seems like some folks have annoying tendencies while others clearly cross lines that shouldn't be crossed. I think those are very different situations. Alas.

Happy Friday!

Dude. WTF? RATM? I’m a middle aged has-been but damn I love some RATM: I had some trouble with my wife when my kids were young. My then-five-year-old was in the car with my wife’s mom who had Sinatra radio on Sirius. My daughter asks: What is this Grammie? Grammie tells her Frank Sinatra, do you like it? My daughter says: It’s ok but I’d rather listen to RATM. Took some ‘splainin’ from Daddy about radio edits, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Dude. WTF? RATM? I’m a middle aged has-been but damn I love some RATM: I had some trouble with my wife when my kids were young. My then-five-year-old was in the car with my wife’s mom who had Sinatra radio on Sirius. My daughter asks: What is this Grammie? Grammie tells her Frank Sinatra, do you like it? My daughter says: It’s ok but I’d rather listen to RATM. Took some ‘splainin’ from Daddy about radio edits, etc.

#raisinemright

#dadbandname

• Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

SIAP- This dude. Right here.

That guy is ridiculously talented. My favorite album of the last few months has a song featuring him:

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

She played at Duling Hall in Jackson last night. Dammit….I missed it.

I've heard good things about her live show. My local show sold out before I could get tickets. 

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Same. Spill it, @cbo.

Also, that setlist from the night he played Gimme Shelter... filthy

It was great. I've seen him a few times there and this was probably the best. And I'm not even crazy about the last couple albums. 

The mix was perfect. Even the couple songs I don't like (I'm looking at you What Have I Done to Help) sounded amazing. Highlights for me were Stockholm, Decoration Day, and the closer, Codeine. Guitar solo on Children of Children was unreal. Oh, and Sadler Vaden sang Honeysuckle Blue from the new Georgia covers album. Love that song, and they crushed it. 

10/10, would recommend. 

• Love 3

42 minutes ago, cbo said:

It was great. I've seen him a few times there and this was probably the best. And I'm not even crazy about the last couple albums. 

The mix was perfect. Even the couple songs I don't like (I'm looking at you What Have I Done to Help) sounded amazing. Highlights for me were Stockholm, Decoration Day, and the closer, Codeine. Guitar solo on Children of Children was unreal. Oh, and Sadler Vaden sang Honeysuckle Blue from the new Georgia covers album. Love that song, and they crushed it. 

10/10, would recommend. 

You got Children of Children *and* Honeysuckle Blue.

Man, I'm smiling.

• Love 1

On 10/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

SIAP- This dude. Right here.

Dude is super talented as is every other member of the band. Saw once live: first set=great; second set= bluegrass equivalent of Phish with so many people drunk and stoned out of their damn minds I could not enjoy and left. Another confirmation that I am old and washed up….

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2021 at 8:23 PM, cbo said:

10/10, would recommend. 

So jelly. Really wanted to go to one of the shows and could not make it happen. “Stockholm” was not my favorite off “Southeastern” until I heard it live, now I love it. “Children….” always good, album or especially live. Have been lucky to see him twice at Ryman- have enjoyed him everywhere but especially there. First time I saw him at Ryman was shortly after Tom Petty died and the encore was “You Wreck Me” which of course was f’ing awesome

• Like 1
  • Love 1