Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Mavericks are one of those bands for me where I like what I've heard, I know it's a cool band up my alley, but for whatever reason, I haven't dug in. Thanks for the reminder. 

Soooo much talent ground up in that popular 90’s country wave. Sawyer Brown was another that got lost on me back in the day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cbo said:

Mavericks are one of those bands for me where I like what I've heard, I know it's a cool band up my alley, but for whatever reason, I haven't dug in. Thanks for the reminder. 

Quoted to share…

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Soooo much talent ground up in that popular 90’s country wave. Sawyer Brown was another that got lost on me back in the day.

There was a bad scene in my hometown where one of the Maverick's horn players was attacked at a bar and hospitalized, presumably for speaking Spanish. I've been to that bar and I don't doubt it. Sigh. 

• Sad 2

Just now, cbo said:

There was a bad scene in my hometown where one of the Maverick's horn players was attacked at a bar and hospitalized, presumably for speaking Spanish. I've been to that bar and I don't doubt it. Sigh. 

Ugh….that’s terrible. Some people can be so amazingly stupid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Quoted to share…

I'm not sure I've ever paid attention to Sawyer Brown but I liked this. Thanks. 

Here's my favorite "radio country act" from that era, about 5 years earlier. Ignore the hair and listen to how perfectly he sings a country ballad. Kills me every time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Here's my favorite "radio country act" from that era, about 5 years earlier. Ignore the hair and listen to how perfectly he sings a country ballad. Kills me every time. 

And damn, we got some weekend @McLoofus? You are smart to take the weekends off but it’s a special treat. 

• Love 2

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

Dude. You shall never feel the need to apologize for anything related to Keith W. here.

Gah! Time to stay up late….

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude. You shall never feel the need to apologize for anything related to Keith W. here.

Gah! Time to stay up late….

Oh s***, you’re a fan too? What a singer. 

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He was one of those artists that, before I realized it, I knew all his songs. 

Love it.

Glad to know you on here. You are a lot of fun. I know good people when I see them (on a weird internet forum). 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Love it.

Glad to know you on here. You are a lot of fun. I know good people when I see them (on a weird internet forum). 

Another post that requires multi reaction emoticons.

Right back at ya man!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Heard this one the other day. Man, I had forgotten about those dudes.

Man , that is a great album. LOVE that song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Great voice, great hair. Everybody associates this song with Alison Krauss and doesn’t know it was Keith’s song which is too bad (and don’t get me wrong, I love me some AK and was on her long before she was mainstream). Such a shame that the alcohol took him so young….

Edited by fredst
  • Love 1

On 11/6/2021 at 10:17 PM, cbo said:

And damn, we got some weekend @McLoofus? You are smart to take the weekends off but it’s a special treat. 

AUF after dark is indeed the best version of AUF. 

I just so rarely have that sweet, sweet combination of being 1) awake and 2) alone on the weekends.

As for this thread, it really is where the cool kids hang out. Unfortunately, they let me also hang out here, but it's still a net win I think. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

SIAP.

New Porcupine Tree! Good to have them back from their hiatus. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

I know a lot of people do not like Police/Sting but I'm not one of them. Actually they give a damn good concert saw them a couple. Plus "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" always makes me think of the best golf I ever played in my life in south Fl. Shot under par rounds more then I did over par.

Think Caddyshack days oh for those days again......let an old man reminiscence 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I know a lot of people do not like Police/Sting but I'm not one of them. Actually they give a damn good concert saw them a couple. Plus "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" always makes me think of the best golf I ever played in my life in south Fl. Shot under par rounds more then I did over par.

Think Caddyshack days oh for those days again......let an old man reminiscence 

I’ve always been a big fan of them and Sting’s solo work. One of the best concerts I’ve ever been to was in the mid 90’s down in Pensacola. Melissa Etheridge opened for Sting. Great concert.

One of my favorites…

• Love 1

I am currently listening to Dave Grohl’s new book. 

Ho. Lee. Crap.

I literally had ZERO clue how much of a badass he was before Nirvana. Like, no clue. I have had one Scream song on my phone for a while, but I just had no idea(I’m not a huge punk rock guy…I can appreciate it, but never got into it).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I know a lot of people do not like Police/Sting

Wait…what?There are people that don’t like The Police? WTH?! Seriously though, growing up late 70s into the 80s The Police bring back many good memories. Sting got a little self- important later but…I can still remember the first time I heard “Roxanne” (Casey Kasem anyone, lol), sounded unlike anything I was hearing at the time. “Don’t Stand…” still my favorite 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I am currently listening to Dave Grohl’s new book. 

Ho. Lee. Crap.

I literally had ZERO clue how much of a badass he was before Nirvana. Like, no clue. I have had one Scream song on my phone for a while, but I just had no idea(I’m not a huge punk rock guy…I can appreciate it, but never got into it).

Grohl SOOOOO talented. Did not get the credit he deserved for a long time because everyone thought Cobain was the driving force with Nirvana (guilty😔). Plus, seems like a genuinely good guy….

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

Grohl SOOOOO talented. Did not get the credit he deserved for a long time because everyone thought Cobain was the driving force with Nirvana (guilty😔). Plus, seems like a genuinely good guy….

The book has been a major eye opener for me. Dude has most definitely put in the work to reach his level of success. 

And I agree with your assessment. He genuinely seems like a great guy.

• Like 3

Speaking of Grohl, I still remember when I first heard this. Didn’t know exactly what to think of it but knew it wasn’t like most of the stuff that was out there at the time. Next thing you knew, “grunge” was everywhere 

• Love 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:25 AM, cbo said:

Alright, here's my first contribution.

A combination of things I love. A cover of a perfect song from Drivin' n' Cryin. The great Todd Snider on vocals (yeah, his voice is shot). A tasteful, clean guitar solo from Neal Casal (RIP). And a second solo from Jason Isbell. 

drivin and crying has always been one of the most underrated bands in the country.hell now you cannot find a cd of theirs on amazon.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, fredst said:

Sting got a little self- important later

Like a male Gwyneth Paltrow. Neither one of them ever hurt anyone, both of them are really damned good at their jobs, and it's not like any of us would be any more grounded in their position. But still... there's just this insufferable quality about them, or at least their public persona. Bono might be another one. 

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

Speaking of Grohl, I still remember when I first heard this. Didn’t know exactly what to think of it but knew it wasn’t like most of the stuff that was out there at the time. Next thing you knew, “grunge” was everywhere 

Major major "I remember where I was" moment for me. Saw one of the few like-minded buddies in the hallway at school the next day and we just started yelling at each other and pushing each other because we didn't really know how to articulate how we felt about it. 

I don't remember Nirvana as the end-all-be-all that many do, but I am grateful to them for altering the landscape in the way that they did, even if it was more due to commercial success than musical innovation. 

As for Dave Grohl, I can't say anything y'all haven't already or wouldn't say better. One of the very few true rock stars still roaming the earth. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Like a male Gwyneth Paltrow. Neither one of them ever hurt anyone, both of them are really damned good at their jobs, and it's not like any of us would be any more grounded in their position. But still... there's just this insufferable quality about them, or at least their public persona. Bono might be another one. 

This is one of the best analogies ever. I can put up with Bono a little more because U2 is  one of my favorite bands ever. What is it about musicians and actors/actresses that makes them feel like they are smarter than everyone else? I mean, hell, I’ve yet to see any of them giving expert advice on the football or recruiting boards here….

• Haha 2