Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

34 minutes ago, cbo said:

Whatever you might think of Ryan Adams as a human, he is a huge talent. This is a very cool version.

Man, what a talented musician. As the father of three daughters I have listened to a lot of Taylor Swift(lol). I actually have grown to like her music  (“Folklore” is a great album btw) and the concert I took my girls to of hers in Nashville was pretty damn awesome. All of that to say, Ryan Adams remake of the entire “1989” album is great and made me respect both him and Taylor Swift even more as musicians (she totally gave her blessing to the project after a listen). This is my favorite Ryan Adams (those lyrics…..):

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, cbo said:

Fantastic. Thanks for posting this one. 

Also from Heartworn Highways, here's my favorite songwriter of all time. If you don't feel anything watching this, I'm afraid you are dead inside. Songs starts a minute in. 

Have not listened to lots of Townes but I *love* Lyle Lovett. He has recorded several TVZ songs and constantly brings him (and Guy Clark) up during concerts. Speaking of a beautiful song to touch your soul a little:

• Love 2

41 minutes ago, cbo said:

About 20 years ago, Ryan Adams threw a fit at the Ryman Auditorium when a guy would not stop yelling "Play Summer of '69!" It's funny because Ryan Adams is a similar name to Bryan Adams. Get it?! He got a lot of bad press as a result. 

Anyway, RA was back at the Ryman in 2015 and, without saying a word, launched into this performance. I was there and I can tell you the place erupted. 

Whatever you might think of Ryan Adams as a human, he is a huge talent. This is a very cool version. 

Super cool version. Really glad you got to see that! I had heard the story but didn't know about the call back. Dude is definitely a genius. Shame about the rest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, this thread just got a shot in the arm. Dangit, I love it when that happens.

I was just thinking: These guys are sorry as hell I found this thread, lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, what a talented musician. As the father of three daughters I have listened to a lot of Taylor Swift(lol). I actually have grown to like her music  (“Folklore” is a great album btw) and the concert I took my girls to of hers in Nashville was pretty damn awesome. All of that to say, Ryan Adams remake of the entire “1989” album is great and made me respect both him and Taylor Swift even more as musicians (she totally gave her blessing to the project after a listen). This is my favorite Ryan Adams (those lyrics…..):

Yes! Completely agree on all accounts. Sounds like I typed this. Taylor Swift is legitimately great and Folklore is a winner. RA's 1989 worked so well. 

His stuff with the Cardinals is my favorite, too. I have a couple live bootleg compilations that are amazing. They were burning through his entire catalogue, stretching some songs out (but not in the boring way), and generally kicking ass. 

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

Have not listened to lots of Townes but I *love* Lyle Lovett. He has recorded several TVZ songs and constantly brings him (and Guy Clark) up during concerts. Speaking of a beautiful song to touch your soul a little:

Lyle Lovett is an absolute favorite. He was the first to get me into country music, which I thought I hated, growing up in Nashville and only hearing the radio stuff. Incredible songwriter and couldn't be more charming.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, this thread just got a shot in the arm. Dangit, I love it when that happens.

I feel bad about my multiple posts. But you guys are talking my language. Plus, I am currently ... less than enthused about the main threads. May live on here, the TV, and food threads for a while. 

• Love 2

21 minutes ago, fredst said:

I was just thinking: These guys are sorry as hell I found this thread, lol

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

I feel bad about my multiple posts. But you guys are talking my language. Plus, I am currently ... less than enthused about the main threads. May live on here, the TV, and food threads for a while. 

Hell naw. My only issue is a can't respond to everything I want to.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Lyle Lovett is an absolute favorite. He was the first to get me into country music, which I thought I hated, growing up in Nashville and only hearing the radio stuff. Incredible songwriter and couldn't be more charming.

Man, I love Lyle. Seen him live 7 or 8 times. Incredible musician and just seems like a genuinely good guy. I hate that most people seem to know him as “the guy that was married to Julia Roberts”. I dislike her equine-looking self just for that reason, lol, which seems unfair. I could put “Pontiac”, “Joshua, Judges, Ruth” and “Road to Ensenada” on continuous play at my house and maybe be content

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Plus, I am currently ... less than enthused about the main threads.

Shouldn’t call it out but….not enthused about interacting with 24, lol? Hate it but that is a poster I really need to put on ignore. You handled your interaction there admirably btw

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I love Lyle. Seen him live 7 or 8 times. Incredible musician and just seems like a genuinely good guy. I hate that most people seem to know him as “the guy that was married to Julia Roberts”. I dislike her equine-looking self just for that reason, lol, which seems unfair. I could put “Pontiac”, “Joshua, Judges, Ruth” and “Road to Ensenada” on continuous play at my house and maybe be content

You nailed the top albums. Those are all pretty much perfect. I'd add I Love Everybody. I know I'm in the minority on that, but it's filled with perfect little songs. 

I've seen him about half as much as you. Perfect every time. I have the same irrational dislike for Julia Roberts. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fredst said:

Shouldn’t call it out but….not enthused about interacting with 24, lol? Hate it but that is a poster I really need to put on ignore. You handled your interaction there admirably btw

I'm not sure I handled it properly, but thanks, man. 

It's him and several others. But more "the management." I got suspended for something unrelated, that I didn't quite understand. I'm on a warning now and don't want to interact with certain goofs that might put me over the edge. Plus, the treatment of another poster I like, who admittedly can be a little prickly, but deserves much better. 

But it's fine. None of this is a big deal, which is kind of the point. Too much too think about for something that should be simple and fun.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm not sure I handled it properly, but thanks, man. 

It's him and several others. But more "the management." I got suspended for something unrelated, that I didn't quite understand. I'm on a warning now and don't want to interact with certain goofs that might put me over the edge. Plus, the treatment of another poster I like, who admittedly can be a little prickly, but deserves much better. 

But it's fine. None of this is a big deal, which is kind of the point. Too much too think about for something that should be simple and fun.

Can relate.

Seems like some folks have annoying tendencies while others clearly cross lines that shouldn't be crossed. I think those are very different situations. Alas.

Happy Friday!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbo said:

I'd add I Love Everybody. I know I'm in the minority on that,

Nope. Love that one too- “Penguins”, “Skinny Legs”, “The Fat Girl”- quirky album but most all of it is great (penguins my fave animal so I’m particularly attached to that one, lol)

• Love 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Can relate.

Seems like some folks have annoying tendencies while others clearly cross lines that shouldn't be crossed. I think those are very different situations. Alas.

Happy Friday!

Well said. 

And that song never, ever gets old. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

My favorite TT tune.

Like that song- and just about anything TT. My favorite as I’ve mentioned before:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1