Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For an old fart, at least you don't smell so bad.

You only say that because odors are muted over the internet 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Uh…no. The odor of cannabis was overwhelming there, lol

Oh, I meant that smell covered up the B.O. That and patchouli.

God, I miss Phish and Panic shows. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, I meant that smell covered up the B.O. That and patchouli.

God, I miss Phish and Panic shows. 

Lol. My wife hates that I like and occasionally wear patchouli. Reminds me of a band out of Nashville in the 80s, The White Animals, if anybody remembers them (? @cbo)-damn they were good. Here’s one of my favorite Strings:

• Love 2

15 hours ago, fredst said:

Another confirmation that I am old and washed up….

Younger friend of mine went to a different Isbell/Ryman show and said "it was great, the crowd was standing the entire time." I said "that's cool" while thinking "My God, that's awful why would they do that there are perfectly good seats."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

Lol. My wife hates that I like and occasionally wear patchouli. Reminds me of a band out of Nashville in the 80s, The White Animals, if anybody remembers them (? @cbo)-damn they were good. Here’s one of my favorite Strings:

I don't remember White Animals at all?

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I don't remember White Animals at all?

College type band that I thought was out of Nashville, mid 80s so maybe before your time. They were good for the time to me though lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Admittedly, I’ve struggled with how I think I should feel about John Mayer. That said…

This. Dude. Can. Play. The. Damn. Guitar.

Watch till the end to unlock guitar solo badge.

He is so talented. I don’t think that he’s always realized his talent to it’s fullest. Hard to be too critical because that’s probably true of a lot of us. His has been because he’s enjoying just being famous and hooking up with hot chicks so I’m especially understanding, lol

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

College type band that I thought was out of Nashville, mid 80s so maybe before your time. They were good for the time to me though lol

I was alive and in the area at the time, but as a 6-7 year old, did not exactly have my finger on the pulse of the cool local music scene. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I was alive and in the area at the time, but as a 6-7 year old, did not exactly have my finger on the pulse of the cool local music scene. 

Yes, they were singing about and doing lots of Ecstasy. Probably good you were not involved, lol. Once again, dating myself

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2021 at 1:01 AM, fredst said:

He is so talented. I don’t think that he’s always realized his talent to it’s fullest. Hard to be too critical because that’s probably true of a lot of us. His has been because he’s enjoying just being famous and hooking up with hot chicks so I’m especially understanding, lol

He's pretty incredible channeling Jerry when he plays with Dead & Co.

Definitely a ninja guitar god.

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Really like this. Saw somewhere that they've "invented indie yacht rock" with this album. Don't necessarily agree but I understand the impulse for that blogger to write it.

• Like 1

I just listened to OK Computer for the first time in a while and, in case anyone was wondering, it is still one of the greatest albums of all time. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cbo said:

I just listened to OK Computer for the first time in a while and, in case anyone was wondering, it is still one of the greatest albums of all time. 

Dude….now you’ve done it. We’ll have a couple of pages of Radiohead talk now. I was a huge REM fan back in the day, saw them in Birmingham in 1995; the opening act : Radiohead. Freakin’ awesome concert even though Radiohead wasn’t really familiar to me at the time (I kinda knew “The Bends”). My wife is never sure what to make of it and my girls roll their eyes but I love playing this song for my wife:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, fredst said:

Dude….now you’ve done it. We’ll have a couple of pages of Radiohead talk now. I was a huge REM fan back in the day, saw them in Birmingham in 1995; the opening act : Radiohead. Freakin’ awesome concert even though Radiohead wasn’t really familiar to me at the time (I kinda knew “The Bends”). My wife is never sure what to make of it and my girls roll their eyes but I love playing this song for my wife:

That's a great song. 

So jealous of you for seeing them. Still hasn't happened for me. The Bends is a perfect guitar rock album. And then they went on to do some other pretty cool stuff, huh?

Oh, and I'm fine with a couple pages of Radiohead talk. 

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, cbo said:

That's a great song. 

So jealous of you for seeing them. Still hasn't happened for me. The Bends is a perfect guitar rock album. And then they went on to do some other pretty cool stuff, huh?

Oh, and I'm fine with a couple pages of Radiohead talk. 

Really cool how their sound evolved over time. "In Rainbows" is honestly my favorite album to just listen to but I really like most everything they've put out. "OK" is a very close second. Having said that, Thom Yorke is one weird dude lol

• Like 1

Kid A was my into to the band. (Fair to say Creep doesn't count?) Probably not what many would think of as a gateway album. It coincided with my Monk & Mingus phase. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Kid A was my into to the band. (Fair to say Creep doesn't count?) Probably not what many would think of as a gateway album. It coincided with my Monk & Mingus phase. 

You can kinda hear it but “Pablo Honey” doesn’t really scream “Radiohead” to me. I’ve always thought: They had one kinda interesting song “Creep” then a great album in “The Bends”. If you got to Radiohead through Kid A…..good on you, lol

• Haha 1

On 11/4/2021 at 5:38 AM, McLoofus said:

One of my favorites from Kid A. Those crazy elephant-sounding horns towards the end. 

Ok was my entry point, which might be why it's my very favorite. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Heard this one the other day. Man, I had forgotten about those dudes.

Mavericks are one of those bands for me where I like what I've heard, I know it's a cool band up my alley, but for whatever reason, I haven't dug in. Thanks for the reminder.