I'm blessed to have received an offer from Auburn today. #WarEagle

@Channdler_35

4_3454701.JPG

Tykevius "Ty" Chandler, RB

Nashville, TN (Montgomery Bell Academy)

Ht: 5'11 | Wt: 185

- AU offered 1/26/16

- Recruiters: Lashlee, Horton

247Sports: 4* (No. 76 Nationally, No. 6 RB)

Rivals: 4* (No. 145 Nationally, No. 5 RB)

Scout: 4* (No. 166 Nationally, No. 17 RB)

Offers: Auburn, Duke, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Vanderbilt, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Kid looks terrific. Good speed. Not sure of the level of play but he looks very talented.

MBA is a good program.

This. My high school played MBA every year, anti was always a tough game. Back in the day they used to run a power I-Formation based offense (I have no idea what they run now) and used to just out-man us. Our SS gave them some fits though. It helps when you have one that goes on to be a star at UTk..

MBA played and beat a decent(playoff 7A) team In Hewitt-Trussville this past year.

As far as the talent he has... Looks good attacking the line. Good 1 cut back and plays a lot bigger then his 5' 11" 185 frame. Good speed but not elite speed but could easily see him play at 220 lbs.

Horton has been hitting all of the stud RB's for 2017 & 2018.

Horton is a fantastic RB coach and recruiter

Agreed. I mentioned the other day that he doesn't get enough love. Easy to take for granted for Auburn fans, I suppose. Luper and Gran were absolute studs, too.

MBA played and beat a decent(playoff 7A) team In Hewitt-Trussville this past year.

As far as the talent he has... Looks good attacking the line. Good 1 cut back and plays a lot bigger then his 5' 11" 185 frame. Good speed but not elite speed but could easily see him play at 220 lbs.

That's what we need IMO more than any other quality as long as we're running Gus's schemes. A guy who can read what's in front of him and decisively make the right cut. That's how we stay ahead of the chains and open up the rest of the offense. I think we need that more than a 4.4 guy or a 220 guy (which is not to argue what you're saying at all).

Barber's shortcoming wasn't that he didn't have elite speed. It's that he couldn't read what was in front of him and make that cut.

^ agreed and that's why Jovon Robinson, when healthy and engaged, put our O into another gear. Loved how decisively he bounced runs to the outside when nothing was in the middle

^ agreed and that's why Jovon Robinson, when healthy and engaged, put our O into another gear. Loved how decisively he bounced runs to the outside when nothing was in the middle

I think you're right. Now, he is a big guy with speed and I'm very happy about that. But I guess I'm of the mind that those qualities are luxuries whereas the vision and quick cut ability are more necessary for our offense. There are many, many more learned football fans than I on this site, though, who I'd gladly hear a different opinion from.

I think you're right. Now, he is a big guy with speed and I'm very happy about that. But I guess I'm of the mind that those qualities are luxuries whereas the vision and quick cut ability are more necessary for our offense. There are many, many more learned football fans than I on this site, though, who I'd gladly hear a different opinion from.

I agree that vision and making the right decision quickly are the most important assets in a RB at Auburn but the size and speed can make a very solid RB into an Elite RB which I believe JR will be assuming O-Line gels and he can avoid injury.

I agree that vision and making the right decision quickly are the most important assets in a RB at Auburn but the size and speed can make a very solid RB into an Elite RB which I believe JR will be assuming O-Line gels and he can avoid injury.

Man, he sure has that look about him. Fingers crossed.

The 2017 class is straight stacked with RB talent

Even with PB leaving, I'm totally okay with our recruiting strategy at this position. Excited about Williams and excited to see who else we land.

+35 lbs? I imagine he would be slogging around at H back at that weight.

+35 lbs? I imagine he would be slogging around at H back at that weight.

He's a junior in high school. Could definitely grow an inch or two before he's a junior in college. Jovon is listed at 6' 230.

(And before anybody tries to say it, gaining good weight doesn't usually diminish a kid's speed. Part of gaining good weight is strengthening the lower body.)

Ty would be a good RB signee since we only have 1 RB, Malik going into the final week before signing day.

Chandler is only a Junior. He won't be in this years class.

Well we only had Rudi Johnson for just a year and that worked out pretty well. The same could work out if we signed Ty even if he's in next years class.

Well we only had Rudi Johnson for just a year and that worked out pretty well. The same could work out if we signed Ty even if he's in next years class.

lol. We would have him more than 1 year. Freshmen have to be at a school 3 years before they can go pro.

• 6 months later...

Archived