Will football recruiting become like basketball

cooltigger21

I heard on one of the espn shows that Nike or someone is starting a 7 on 7 high school tournament. I didn't catch all the details so someone who has more knowledge can shed some light on this. It looks to me like the first step towards AAU for football.

Will not be exactly the same due to not using a full 11 man team. Recruits will still have to be evaluated at full speed during real games. Which means it stays at the high school level and their coaches. This will not turn into an AAU situation. imo

Will not be exactly the same due to not a full 11 man team. Recruits will still have to be evaluated at full speed during real games. Which means it stays at the high school level and their coaches. This will not turn into an AAU situation. imo

Yup. College football recruiting, like college basketball recruiting is dirty enough as it is.

Even if it does go more that way it would likely be to AU's benefit. AU is an Under Armor flagship school & UA has the biggest & most popular All Star game going right now.

Archived