Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

Hahaha I smoked my whole time through college and every single day befor class, with a 3.8 GPA... It may affect some people different, but so do narcotics and alcohol. Testing positive for pot doesn't even mean u have smoked any in the last 2 weeks. It actually doesn't mean u have at all second hand smoke will fail u also... So I need to look up deaths by prescription drugs and alcohol? Cause that one is night and day

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, these guys aren't going to learn the lesson that needs to be learned in college, which has nothing to do with what they were caught doing and everything to do with the fact that they were knowingly breaking the rules. These kids are going to get a slap on the wrist. This will just embolden them in their belief that the rules should only matter when they don't interfere with their personal desires. Gus can't do a thing about it, because if he takes away our best DB and a #1 recruit, he's basically putting himself in the cross hairs.

When this will come back to bite them in the butt is when they don't make an NFL roster, or when their time in the NFL is up and they have to find a job. Show up to work stoned one day and see how well that goes for you. Even worse, get busted a few more times and see if we can't add a felony to your record that you have to explain every time you interview, ask for a loan, etc.

I just can't get my head around how, under the guise of tolerance, we've created a generation that has almost no respect for rules, and little more for anyone but themselves. These guys didn't give a crap about their team mates, their school, or anyone else. All they cared about was temporarily feeling good. That's sad.

Also, driving high really does nothing to impare you.

That is actually a total fallacy. Marijuana effects different people differently. Some become highly paranoid, which could cause overreactions, driving excessively slow, etc. Others it causes their mind to wander which is NEVER good on the road. With some people it slows their thinking process or reaction times. When you consider the fact that just driving when your are tired significantly increases your chances of an accident, driving when your mind is altered by any substance is potentially very dangerous.

Hahaha I smoked my whole time through college and every single day befor class, with a 3.8 GPA... It may affect some people different, but so do narcotics and alcohol. Testing positive for pot doesn't even mean u have smoked any in the last 2 weeks. It actually doesn't mean u have at all second hand smoke will fail u also... So I need to look up deaths by prescription drugs and alcohol? Cause that one is night and day

i don't smoke. i drink and there is near zero chance to drink regularly before class and not have a serious problem. i know functioning smokers, but i get my idea of weed from the nonfunctioning lazy ones, admittedly. my question to you is would you want your kids to smoke it like you did?

That is actually a total fallacy. Marijuana effects different people differently. Some become highly paranoid, which could cause overreactions, driving excessively slow, etc. Others it causes their mind to wander which is NEVER good on the road. With some people it slows their thinking process or reaction times. When you consider the fact that just driving when your are tired significantly increases your chances of an accident, driving when your mind is altered by any substance is potentially very dangerous.

puts me to sleep, quickly. if legalized i would consider it as a sleep aid. never once enjoyed it out of 20 or so experiences.

The "lazy stoner" stereotype is so overblown. I would be willing to bet that there are more upstanding, functioning pot heads in the world than not. I live in a college town in Colorado, so I have interactions with pot smokers on a regular basis. 90% of my workplace smokes, and they're all good workers.

If my hypothetical kids decided they were curious and would want to indulge, I would encourage them to wait at least until they're 18-21 when their brain has pretty much stopped developing.

Woodstock was in 1969................where they had signs up advertising which drugs they were selling.....LSD $1.............Now which one of you grandfathers with grandchildren at AU was it?

This generation is not that much different than MANY before it.....

Woodstock was in 1969................where they had signs up advertising which drugs they were selling.....LSD $1.............Now which one of you grandfathers with grandchildren at AU was it?

Weed's better these days and the acid is worse. There's one difference. ;)

puts me to sleep, quickly. if legalized i would consider it as a sleep aid. never once enjoyed it out of 20 or so experiences.

Yup... it's just like alcohol... some people are mean drunks, some are funny, some are sleepy, some are the best version of themselves. There is no one way that people react to chemicals being introduced to their bodies.

That being said, I would warn you against using it as a sleep aid, unless just rarely. Generally speaking, most chemicals that put you to sleep don't give you the same kind of restful sleep that you get if you fall asleep naturally.

The "lazy stoner" stereotype is so overblown. I would be willing to bet that there are more upstanding, functioning pot heads in the world than not. I live in a college town in Colorado, so I have interactions with pot smokers on a regular basis. 90% of my workplace smokes, and they're all good workers.

Again, it's like alcohol. Just like there is a difference between a casual drinker and a drunk, there's a difference between someone who has a little, once in a while, and someone who's smoking constantly.

I don't know about the percentages on drug use in college, but I had some finals that I would've strongly considered taking some adderal for if I had it.

You could've found some in the library easily for sure. My old college roommate was addicted to the stuff (literally spending his last couple dollars for a few pills) and it was jaw dropping how easy it was for him to find his "fix" and what type of sources he was getting it from. Yikes

Just look for the sweaty guy going out to smoke cigarettes every 5 minutes.

Lol that might've been another substance that seems to be much more common on campus than I thought...But I was naive back then

Well, I was still talking about Adderal. The "white stuff" is pretty prevalent in Tuscaloosa though. Never saw it in Auburn, only illegal drug I ever saw was pot.

I know you were I was just making jokes. In my college days I got an underaged alcohol possession citation. I had to take a substance abuse class with actual hard drug users (and a 16 year old who got busted trying to buy cigarettes! LOL) and the instructor said "If there is one thing you take away from this course let it be that you should never, ever try adderall or crack". Random I know but I thought it was an interesting statement haha

this was likely before meth got going?

I'm not very well versed in this stuff but this was right around 2006-2007

As far as our defensive backfield IDK who starts for Davis. Marshall Taylor?

meth was going pretty good then. I know nothing about aderrall but pretty sure meth is worse than crack. Your instructor was probably referring to specifics and not ranking the most dangerous drugs. It was a good experience for you I suppose .

It was an interesting and expensive experience that's for sure haha.

i don't smoke. i drink and there is near zero chance to drink regularly before class and not have a serious problem. i know functioning smokers, but i get my idea of weed from the nonfunctioning lazy ones, admittedly. my question to you is would you want your kids to smoke it like you did?

No sir, but as stated it affects people different. I gave it up years ago and did try it a couple times since and it affected me different than back then.

I got married and had children and just grew past it I guess. But for a 8-9 year stretch, my day began and ended with it...

I know, lawyers, judges, millionaires, big business owners who still smoke day to day... My first few times my depth perceptron was maybe off, but you adjust to it. Also I lost weight during those years cause I found that when I was hungry I could smoke and not be anymore HAHAHAHAHAHA weird I know.

Unfortunately, these guys aren't going to learn the lesson that needs to be learned in college, which has nothing to do with what they were caught doing and everything to do with the fact that they were knowingly breaking the rules.

Yep. Being a college kid who breaks rules pretty much makes them the exception and kinda the worst people ever.

These kids are going to get a slap on the wrist. This will just embolden them in their belief that the rules should only matter when they don't interfere with their personal desires.

God forbid a punishment fit a victimless crime. That would definitely send the wrong message.

Gus can't do a thing about it, because if he takes away our best DB and a #1 recruit, he's basically putting himself in the cross hairs.

Ah, there we go again with Saint Gus. Yep, those punk kids sure painted him into a corner this time, what with their murderous ways and all.

When this will come back to bite them in the butt is when they don't make an NFL roster, or when their time in the NFL is up and they have to find a job.

I'm guessing you don't have DirecTV.

Show up to work stoned one day and see how well that goes for you.

Getting high on a Saturday night as a college kid = showing up to work high. Got it. Also, it's too bad weed doesn't affect people differently. Oh, wait...

Even worse, get busted a few more times and see if we can't add a felony to your record that you have to explain every time you interview, ask for a loan, etc.

Whoa. You're getting a little ahead of yourself here.

I just can't get my head around how, under the guise of tolerance, we've created a generation that has almost no respect for rules, and little more for anyone but themselves.

Oh, that's rich. Alas, every generation blames the next one for making the same mistakes the ones before them did.

These guys didn't give a crap about their team mates, their school, or anyone else.

What part of "Most of their teammates do it, too" do you not understand?!? Do you just not believe it to be true? Surely not?

I know, lawyers, judges, millionaires, big business owners who still smoke day to day...

I was waiting for somebody to point out that law school is where all the good drugs are.

I found that when I was hungry I could smoke and not be anymore HAHAHAHAHAHA weird I know.

Talk about it affecting folks in different ways... WOW

Walk into a dispensary in a state where it is legal and there are so many different strains of marijuana. You can find a specific strain that is used for things such as pain management, or a strain that is helpful for concentration, or a strain that is helpful for anxiety relief, or a strain that is helpful for an energy boost, etc you get the idea...the thought that marijuana will just put you to sleep and be an unproductive member of society is archaic at this point.

I also know those who smoke everyday and are to lazy to now the yard, but I think those types would be the same with or without the weed lol

Ding ding ding ding ding

I know, lawyers, judges, millionaires, big business owners who still smoke day to day...

I was waiting for somebody to point out that law school is where all the good drugs are.

I found that when I was hungry I could smoke and not be anymore HAHAHAHAHAHA weird I know.

Talk about it affecting folks in different ways... WOW

Hahaha, people still laugh about that one, times I got hungry and was at Waffle House at 2 am but if I was like really hungry but tryin to skip a meal, it would completely take that away.

We need to smoke pot together and get along.

Certainly wouldn't take away anything from the game thread each saturday

I'd still dislike Spuat... Jus sayin

They walked to school...............uphill.......both ways......after plowing the back 40.......every morning.......barefoot................in the Alabama August snow........year round.....................now get off their lawn, kid.

I'd still dislike Spuat... Jus sayin

I think we can all agree to that one

Thread of the year ??? Gets my vote lol

13 pages, and it has absolutely no meaningful football conversation to compete with. This thing might last til July.

They walked to school...............uphill.......both ways......after plowing the back 40.......every morning.......barefoot................in the Alabama August snow........year round.....................now get off their lawn, kid.

^Not exaggerating as much as it would seem^

Archived