Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we tested at me last school, we would have had 3 out of 67 eligible. Fact.

Guest WarEagleSteve

Go back and read the article again. They were stopped at 8:30 on a Saturday night somewhere near the corner of Gay and E Samford, roughly half a block from Amsterdam Cafe. Now, it's been a hot minute since I graduated from Auburn but I quite honestly can't even conceive of a reason that someone would be stopped at that time of night in that part of town, let alone searched thoroughly enough to discover weed. Unless they were walking down the street blazing away, I'd really like to know why the heck they were even stopped in the first place.

Sorry but HS and college, whice is was both involved in, and 70-80% I knew for a fact smoked and the the other ones would be eating a hand full of pills befor hitting the field.

So 100 percent of college students are on illegal drugs now? This is getting funnier by the minute.

Should Malzahn send a huge message to the rest of the team by kicking these 4 players off the team?

U had ur good goody white kids, 5-10%?that did nothing maybe. But even them were hammered all weekend.

You write like you've been partaking

Considering a solid 90% of college students smoke nowadays, it's just a matter of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Carlton makes me sad just based off the fact that he will probably be suspended at least half of the Clemson game. I was looking for him to help turn the Clemson game for Watson into how the Memphis game was for lynch

90 percent? That's one of the most hilariously and ridiculously fake statistics I've ever read. 90 percent. Lmao.

Yep, I'm with you.

Go back and read the article again. They were stopped at 8:30 on a Saturday night somewhere near the corner of Gay and E Samford, roughly half a block from Amsterdam Cafe. Now, it's been a hot minute since I graduated from Auburn but I quite honestly can't even conceive of a reason that someone would be stopped at that time of night in that part of town, let alone searched thoroughly enough to discover weed. Unless they were walking down the street blazing away, I'd really like to know why the heck they were even stopped in the first place.

The Auburn Police are an active bunch. Saw a middle aged white woman driving a nice SUV today between 8 and 9 AM on Opelika road near Dean. They don't discriminate, they just stop a lot of folks.

Why? They had illegal drugs. Period. Let's not blame cops which is where your post is headed. SMDH.

Considering a solid 90% of college students smoke nowadays, it's just a matter of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Carlton makes me sad just based off the fact that he will probably be suspended at least half of the Clemson game. I was looking for him to help turn the Clemson game for Watson into how the Memphis game was for lynch

90 percent? That's one of the most hilariously and ridiculously fake statistics I've ever read. 90 percent. Lmao.

Well someone earlier suggested it was 99% and I figured they exaggerated so I dropped the number a bit? Was it too much? :dunno:

They drug tested when I was in high school. I'd say it was closer to 10 percent used then because they knew they'd get in trouble and suspended if they failed. Novel idea that was. That team produced a few millionaires, a famous radio personality, and a lot of very successful people. Man times have changed.

Guest WarEagleSteve

Why? They had illegal drugs. Period. Let's not blame cops which is where your post is headed. SMDH.

Dude have you been to Auburn lately? The APD is the most ticket writing group of so and sos I've ever seen.

Well someone earlier suggested it was 99% and I figured they exaggerated so I dropped the number a bit? Was it too much? :dunno:/>

I'm confused. Do you have an alter ego named charhair?

Sorry but HS and college, whice is was both involved in, and 70-80% I knew for a fact smoked and the the other ones would be eating a hand full of pills befor hitting the field.

So 100 percent of college students are on illegal drugs now? This is getting funnier by the minute.

I'm just saying most I knew smoked, and several of the others had other things they did.

Well someone earlier suggested it was 99% and I figured they exaggerated so I dropped the number a bit? Was it too much? :dunno:

Your numbers are way up. I have 2 boys in college and neither they nor their friends partake in any drugs. One of them doesn't even drink. So yeah the percentages that you are saying are way up there...

Smh.

Hopefully this will teach them a lesson.

And should let them sit in there until their parents come get them.

It's not a crime here in Oregon but it is ridiculous to jeopardize the team there.

Dude have you been to Auburn lately? The APD is the most ticket writing group of so and sos I've ever seen.

Maybe because apparently everyone there is on drugs (according to this forum)? Nah...it's the cops fault! Let's start there and find a way to blame them instead of the kids with drugs, right? Hands up don't shoot!

(It's called responsibility. Yes kids make mistakes, but they have to man up and take the punishment...not blame someone else for their missteps...that's called growing up)

They drug tested when I was in high school. I'd say it was closer to 10 percent used then because they knew they'd get in trouble and suspended if they failed. Novel idea that was. That team produced a few millionaires, a famous radio personality, and a lot of very successful people. Man times have changed.

They really have. People would be amazed at how much pot use is happening in HS. From the ones you would guess to those that sit in front of me at church. From athletes to the valedictorian. It is more prevalent than ever and honestly the stigma is finally going away. Illegal? Yes. Criminal? I don't see it any more than tobacco or alcohol. That said, it is illegal...though I don't think it should be.

I'm just saying most I knew smoked, and several of the others had other things they did.

So in your crowd then? Of course if you smoked then the people you hung out with also did. There's also whole groups of other people that don't. I happen to know a few. I have nothing against partying in college. I drank quite a bit there myself. I also took the punishment and the blame when I got in trouble. Different era I suppose.

I never smoked and I don't drink....But I didn't find too many like me on campus. I went to a frat party and it was one of the scariest things I've seen. Many of the people were popping ecstasy and were really acting crazy. I didn't get pulled over too much in Auburn. Seemed like I did every time I went to Opelika. And you could definitely catch more police activity on certain sides of town....

The why is a very pertinent question on the difference between a free state and totalitarian state. Now those are extremes yes, but logical extremes. Stop and frisk is illegal, profiling is illegal. In order to be stopped, a cop must witness an illegal act or have probable cause that one is occurring to stop someone. A lot of police officers use smell as probable cause for searching for weed. It's a well known scent in the mind of juries and it cannot be confirmed by any form of later analysis, so it can't be refuted. But even still, smell is only probably cause for a search. To be pulled over the cop must have witnessed them performing an illegal act, and if they weren't (which if they were they should've been given a ticket for it, in this case it looks like they were not) the entire stop is illegal, negating the search and seizure.

Couple of questions:

1) Who employs the AUPD and pays their salary? University or city?

2) Who employs the University of Alabama PD and pays their salary? Saban or the city?

There is no AUPD, the school is policed by the city.

Ok. I misremembered from my time at the University and going to the on campus police department to pay parking tickets. I thought AU had their own campus police. I know the city police are overzealous, but that may be due to being around 20,000 partying late teen/early twenty something students. Is it the same at Bama? No on campus police, just city?

The why is a very pertinent question on the difference between a free state and totalitarian state. Now those are extremes yes, but logical extremes. Stop and frisk is illegal, profiling is illegal. In order to be stopped, a cop must witness an illegal act or have probable cause that one is occurring to stop someone. A lot of police officers use smell as probable cause for searching for weed. It's a well known scent in the mind of juries and it cannot be confirmed by any form of later analysis, so it can't be refuted. But even still, smell is only probably cause for a search. To be pulled over the cop must have witnessed them performing an illegal act, and if they weren't (which if they were they should've been given a ticket for it, in this case it looks like they were not) the entire stop is illegal, negating the search and seizure.

Lol. I got pulled over in high school and busted for having alcohol. The reason I was pulled over was running a stop sign leaving a gas station. There are no stop signs at gas stations. Guess what my parents didn't do....claim it was profiling and blame the cops. I've already had one thread locked today for discussing the pathetic irresponsibility and excuse making this society has evolved into. I'll let this one go....

Archived