Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

I don't know about the percentages on drug use in college, but I had some finals that I would've strongly considered taking some adderal for if I had it.

You could've found some in the library easily for sure. My old college roommate was addicted to the stuff (literally spending his last couple dollars for a few pills) and it was jaw dropping how easy it was for him to find his "fix" and what type of sources he was getting it from. Yikes

Just look for the sweaty guy going out to smoke cigarettes every 5 minutes.

Lol that might've been another substance that seems to be much more common on campus than I thought...But I was naive back then

Well, I was still talking about Adderal. The "white stuff" is pretty prevalent in Tuscaloosa though. Never saw it in Auburn, only illegal drug I ever saw was pot.

I know you were I was just making jokes. In my college days I got an underaged alcohol possession citation. I had to take a substance abuse class with actual hard drug users (and a 16 year old who got busted trying to buy cigarettes! LOL) and the instructor said "If there is one thing you take away from this course let it be that you should never, ever try adderall or crack". Random I know but I thought it was an interesting statement haha

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "white stuff" is pretty prevalent in Tuscaloosa though. Never saw it in Auburn, only illegal drug I ever saw was pot.

You must not have ever worked in a restaurant in Auburn, lol. It's not as prevalent in Auburn as it is in Tuscaloosa, but there's still plenty of it. Or at least there was in the mid 90s.

The "white stuff" is pretty prevalent in Tuscaloosa though. Never saw it in Auburn, only illegal drug I ever saw was pot.

You must not have ever worked in a restaurant in Auburn, lol. It's not as prevalent in Auburn as it is in Tuscaloosa, but there's still plenty of it. Or at least there was in the mid 90s.

I think that's commonplace in ALL restaurants based on friends I've had that worked in them.

I don't know about the percentages on drug use in college, but I had some finals that I would've strongly considered taking some adderal for if I had it.

You could've found some in the library easily for sure. My old college roommate was addicted to the stuff (literally spending his last couple dollars for a few pills) and it was jaw dropping how easy it was for him to find his "fix" and what type of sources he was getting it from. Yikes

Lol that might've been another substance that seems to be much more common on campus than I thought...But I was naive back then

Well, I was still talking about Adderal. The "white stuff" is pretty prevalent in Tuscaloosa though. Never saw it in Auburn, only illegal drug I ever saw was pot.

I know you were I was just making jokes. In my college days I got an underaged alcohol possession citation. I had to take a substance abuse class with actual hard drug users (and a 16 year old who got busted trying to buy cigarettes! LOL) and the instructor said "If there is one thing you take away from this course let it be that you should never, ever try adderall or crack". Random I know but I thought it was an interesting statement haha

But heroin is okay in small doses. ;)

I think that's commonplace in ALL restaurants based on friends I've had that worked in them.

Very true.

I know, right? It seemed like an odd statement that heroin was replaced by adderall in the teacher's mind. :dunno:

All I have to say is that this has been an enlightening......and disheartening thread. :no:

So what does our starting lineup look like for the defensive backfield? Its pretty easy to figure out the D-line and WR but we werent exactly loaded at DB. I figure Irvin will have a larger role.

Any chance I get an answer or has this thread already moved to the political forum? Thanks for any insight.

I know, right? It seemed like an odd statement that heroin was replaced by adderall in the teacher's mind. :dunno:

Don't ask how I know but nose candy is quite prevalent in Auburn today.

this was likely before meth got going?

I'm not very well versed in this stuff but this was right around 2006-2007

As far as our defensive backfield IDK who starts for Davis. Marshall Taylor?

The guys are not gonna be in much trouble. Y'all chill out. It was a lil pot. I'm still so pleased in our government spending over a trillion dollars in the war on drugs. I mean come on.

Has the punishment been decided yet ?

Has the punishment been decided yet ?

Probably won't know until August and will probably be first half of Clemson. Maybe. Perhaps.

It will take a while most likely, don't think much will come of it. I'm sure most of these college coaches know their players smoke. They been around kids long enough to know that a lot do it.

Just sucks they got caught, hate it for them. They all gonna do it but gotta be smarter about it.

It will take a while most likely, don't think much will come of it. I'm sure most of these college coaches know their players smoke. They been around kids long enough to know that a lot do it.

And nobody is going to claim it is a "performance enhancing drug" ....we seem to be able to contradict any thought along that line by watching the players in action.

1st offense for most if not all of these guys. Not much will come of it. However, I'd love for Malzahn to sit them at least for the 1st half of Clemson to make a statement.

I'm not very well versed in this stuff but this was right around 2006-2007

As far as our defensive backfield IDK who starts for Davis. Marshall Taylor?

meth was going pretty good then. I know nothing about aderrall but pretty sure meth is worse than crack. Your instructor was probably referring to specifics and not ranking the most dangerous drugs. It was a good experience for you I suppose .

Being that the offense happened before summer, I don't think there is a need to suspend in the first game. Plenty of time to work out a punishment. If this were in fall camp, that would be a different story. I don't agree with giving a suspension just to please the outside viewers. As long as the team knows there will be consequences, suspensions from the game should not be considered the go-to punishment for every infraction.

1st offense for most if not all of these guys. Not much will come of it. However, I'd love for Malzahn to sit them at least for the 1st half of Clemson to make a statement.

if you listen to some of the guys in the political forum ( not lately, just weed discussions in general)you would think they will do hard labor in state penitentiary.

Were any of the four driving?

Drugged Driving in Colorado

Also in 2013, there were 103 fatalities involving a drugged driver, and 36 of the 288 drivers tested for drugs had cannabis only in their system. Click here for more drugged driving statistics.

Legalization of Marijuana and Impaired Driving

Marijuana affects reaction time, short-term memory, hand-eye coordination, concentration and perception of time and distance. Getting high and getting behind the wheel of a car will get you arrested for a DUI – this law hasn’t changed with the legalization of marijuana in January 2014.

And nobody is going to claim it is a "performance enhancing drug" ....we seem to be able to contradict any thought along that line by watching the players in action.

Um, the teams they play against are smoking, too. In fact, I'd venture a guess that it's happening less at Auburn than it is at numerous other, bigger, less rural- and more successful- programs.

As for the defensive starting lineup/punishments, we'll know when the Clemson broadcast starts. If you want to play What If until then, here you go.

if you listen to some of the guys in the political forum ( not lately, just weed discussions in general)you would think they will do hard labor in state penitentiary.

If you listen to other people in that same forum, you would think that this is the first step toward all four producing meth in the trunk of their cars.

Were any of the four driving?

Drugged Driving in Colorado

Also in 2013, there were 103 fatalities involving a drugged driver, and 36 of the 288 drivers tested for drugs had cannabis only in their system. Click here for more drugged driving statistics.

Legalization of Marijuana and Impaired Driving

Marijuana affects reaction time, short-term memory, hand-eye coordination, concentration and perception of time and distance. Getting high and getting behind the wheel of a car will get you arrested for a DUI – this law hasn’t changed with the legalization of marijuana in January 2014.

Nothing you put here is going to change anyone's mind on the legalization of marijuana. Also, driving high really does nothing to impare you.

Archived