Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

Maybe it just seems this way but it seems like we lead the way for having players getting popped for weed. I know we don't in regards to arrests but it would be interesting to see the breakdown regards players and weed issues.

One or two simple possession busts a year is really not bad. Not to sound like Mark Richt-era leg humpers, but the issue might be as much about APD- as the recent graduate speculated earlier speculated- as it is about discipline in the program.

when 99% of working adults in the real world get fired from almost any job for using mj.

I'd be surprised if 25% of companies regularly or even randomly test.

all companies i know of test pre-employment. all also test upon an at work injury. many have recently started random testing.

I tend to agree with McLoofus on the percentage. You'd be surprised that a large portion don't test even pre-employment. My last 2 jobs didn't test at all. I started a new job in Jan. of this year and it was the first time i was tested in a long time. It mostly depends on the person's line of work. Employment agencies test so if you go through them and land a contract or perm role they'll test you pre-employment for sure. But you'd be surprised that it's not really as common as you'd think.

What was really surprising was a company where I worked had a big sign out...>WE DRUG TEST......andwe asked applicants about whether they used drugs before we sent them for test. And yet, nearly half still flunked the test.....this was for manufacturing jobs where being a little mellow on the job could get you or a co-worked seriously hurt of killed so we took it seriously.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put it this way, I work through the ATF and with have a security clearance to work with explosives and we do not drug test but once a year and it's notified much in advance because half smoke pot. I hate the kids got caught, that's what sucks.

I'm sorry but when 90% of college players do it, u just can't get caught

Maybe it just seems this way but it seems like we lead the way for having players getting popped for weed. I know we don't in regards to arrests but it would be interesting to see the breakdown regards players and weed issues.

One or two simple possession busts a year is really not bad. Not to sound like Mark Richt-era leg humpers, but the issue might be as much about APD- as the recent graduate speculated earlier speculated- as it is about discipline in the program.

when 99% of working adults in the real world get fired from almost any job for using mj.

all companies i know of test pre-employment. all also test upon an at work injury. many have recently started random testing.

I tend to agree with McLoofus on the percentage. You'd be surprised that a large portion don't test even pre-employment. My last 2 jobs didn't test at all. I started a new job in Jan. of this year and it was the first time i was tested in a long time. It mostly depends on the person's line of work. Employment agencies test so if you go through them and land a contract or perm role they'll test you pre-employment for sure. But you'd be surprised that it's not really as common as you'd think.

What was really surprising was a company where I worked had a big sign out...>WE DRUG TEST......andwe asked applicants about whether they used drugs before we sent them for test. And yet, nearly half still flunked the test.....this was for manufacturing jobs where being a little mellow on the job could get you or a co-worked seriously hurt of killed so we took it seriously.

Yep! My wife works in HR. She says it happens all the time. People think they can beat the tests b/c there are actually products available that claim to clear their systems of certain drugs..esp. weed so it will not come up on the test. Some will just drink tons of water to dilute their system but where my wife works if that happens twice and there is no doctor's documentation for it being dilute they have to disqualify the candidate no matter what.

Manufacturing are the places that do mostly still test but a lot of corporations don't drug test like they use to. My wife has been a recruiter for an executive agency; more specifically within IT and she swore most of them were weed heads; several were popped for weed. lol. She said a couple admitted afterwards b/c it calms them and usually people in IT are not as socialable and have anxiety issues. lol. IDK.

Yep! My wife works in HR. She says it happens all the time. People think they can beat the tests b/c there are actually products available that claim to clear their systems of certain drugs..esp. weed so it will not come up on the test. Some will just drink tons of water to dilute their system but where my wife works if that happens twice and there is no doctor's documentation for it being dilute they have to disqualify the candidate no matter what.

Manufacturing are the places that do mostly still test but a lot of corporations don't drug test like they use to. My wife has been a recruiter for an executive agency; more specifically within IT and she swore most of them were weed heads; several were popped for weed. lol. She said a couple admitted afterwards b/c it calms them and usually people in IT are not as socialable and have anxiety issues. lol. IDK.

i work in manufacturing. This company did a 10$ urine test 13 years ago pre employment. Now they do urine and hair pre employment and randomly. I have been tested three times in 5 months before but not at all in the last 2 years. I don't think you can dilute or wash out the hair test.

Yep, against the law. They got caught. Against teams rules. They got caught, Punish now, run those butts, do something. Get the simple BS over with.

The laws do need to change and if it wasn't for backwards, Alabama would have no direction at all.

Only 4 states have legalized weed for recreational use. Alabama is the heart of the bible belt and will always have extreme conservative views. But we are no different than most every other state with regards to recreational weed use.

Finally some sense to this thread, thanks!

i work in manufacturing. This company did a 10$ urine test 13 years ago pre employment. Now they do urine and hair pre employment and randomly. I have been tested three times in 5 months before but not at all in the last 2 years. I don't think you can dilute or wash out the hair test.

They make a mouthwash for swabs and a shampoo for hair tests lol. There is nothing u can't pass lol.

The 4 were arrested most likely because the weed was in the car but none of them would claim ownership, so they all got arrested. This is a typical reaction.

If one of them cops to owning the grass, the other 3 will walk. The one who takes the rap gets the same discipline and the same legal hit, no matter what. The 3 who walk get put on "probation" by CGM, but the basic story is that they were in the wrong car at the wrong time and need to be more careful. In other words, 3 guys play, the 4th has to sit a bit.

The question is, will one of them have the guts to claim ownership and take the rap by himself, or will they all go down together?

I made another statement saying in manufacturing they still test a lot b/c you are operating machinery but test use to be conducted across the board more than what it is done now. Even corporate use to test similar to manufacturing. My wife has worked in both environments and of course manufacturing is going to test the most b/c of legal issues that could come up down the line but manufacturing doesn't account for a large percentage. I don't disagree that it's being done but it's just not to the same degree as maybe where you work. Some just do urine and in that case you certainly can beat the test. Of course you can't with a hair sample but not every company is spending money to do a hair sample as well. It would be wise in manufacturing but there is not law that dictates companies to go that far is my point.

They make a mouthwash for swabs and a shampoo for hair tests lol. There is nothing u can't pass lol.

Yeah they actually do. I don't know if it really works but those companies rack in some money from people trying them out though. lol. Best thing is to draw blood.

I made another statement saying in manufacturing they still test a lot b/c you are operating machinery but test use to be conducted across the board more than what it is done now. Even corporate use to test similar to manufacturing. My wife has worked in both environments and of course manufacturing is going to test the most b/c of legal issues that could come up down the line but manufacturing doesn't account for a large percentage. I don't disagree that it's being done but it's just not to the same degree as maybe where you work. Some just do urine and in that case you certainly can beat the test. Of course you can't with a hair sample but not every company is spending money to do a hair sample as well. It would be wise in manufacturing but there is not law that dictates companies to go that far is my point.

you are correct. There were two serious injuries involving falls one was off a 6 foot ladder both in a short period of time. Both instances those injured failed drug tests. That was just before the announcement that random testing was coming.

you are correct. There were two serious injuries involving falls one was off a 6 foot ladder both in a short period of time. Both instances those injured failed drug tests. That was just before the announcement that random testing was coming.

Wow. Can only imagine how much that set back the company.

Yeah well poppy seed muffins are legal in the state and if u eat one save the wrapper cause u will fail for Pot hahaha

No you might have opiates in your system, not cannabinoids

this thread gets a high-5..............wait, I meant a high-4

Yeah well poppy seed muffins are legal in the state and if u eat one save the wrapper cause u will fail for Pot hahaha

You would fail for opiates if anything. And I believe that's an urban myth. Made for a good Seinfeld episode though.

Not sure why I said Pot, maybe cause it was on the brain lol...

The poppy seeds on your bagel come from the plant Papaver somniferum, the same one that produces opiate drugs like morphine and heroin. The notion that eating a poppy-seed bagel might get you branded as a smack addict seems like urban legend. But "it's not a myth at all," explains Cynthia Whiteman, a senior analyst at Norchem, a forensic drug-testing laboratory in Arizona. "Every part of the plant does have morphine. The seeds have a very small amount but still will get positive results [on a drug test]."

Get a free 4 year ride to AU worth about $190k, face ridicule of the media and disgrace to yourself, family and friends, just because you can't stay off the weed. Shame. A lot of kids would welcome the same opportunity.

In my industry it's a given the company is going to do random testing. I'm an engineer in the office and I have been selected randomly 3 times in the last year or so. They do it all in the onsite HSE building. I know some that get picked more frequently than me.

What I don't understand is why we still have guys in the field that still use it and get popped. I guess it's the "it won't happen to me" thinking.

So over 90% of the students smoke pot and only our football players are not smart enough to figure out how to avoid getting nabbed ?

Maybe our recruiting standards are not high enough. :)

Couple of questions:

1) Who employs the AUPD and pays their salary? University or city?

2) Who employs the University of Alabama PD and pays their salary? Saban or the city?

Couple of questions:

1) Who employs the AUPD and pays their salary? University or city?

2) Who employs the University of Alabama PD and pays their salary? Saban or the city?

There is no AUPD, the school is policed by the city.

Considering a solid 90% of college students smoke nowadays, it's just a matter of them being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Carlton makes me sad just based off the fact that he will probably be suspended at least half of the Clemson game. I was looking for him to help turn the Clemson game for Watson into how the Memphis game was for lynch

90 percent? That's one of the most hilariously and ridiculously fake statistics I've ever read. 90 percent. Lmao.

Sorry but HS and college, whice is was both involved in, and 70-80% I knew for a fact smoked and the the other ones would be eating a hand full of pills befor hitting the field.

Archived