Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

SMH! Come On Guys! Be smarter than that, at least enough to realize that some things are not to be done or consumed in public.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in the real world, people aren't pulled over for weed. Was it a traffic infraction, roadblock, vehicle equipment issue? To want to know what the first contact was about is a legitimate question. It isn't instantly blaming the police and I promise, it's a question any attorney with a slice of a brain would ask.

Well, in the real world, people aren't pulled over for weed. Was it a traffic infraction, roadblock, vehicle equipment issue? To want to know what the first contact was about is a legitimate question. It isn't instantly blaming the police and I promise, it's a question any attorney with a slice of a brain would ask.

Attorney? Of course. Their job is to get paid by making the best possible excuses and getting people free of charges, even if on a technicality whether guilty or not. Guy on a message board? Just looking for an excuse. Slight difference.

Some of you are killing me. Next it will be: Why don't we raise taxes and give pot away for free! That will solve everything!

The most common excuse for bad behavior going all the way back to my childhood was...."but everyone else is doing it. ".....didn't work then...and is still a pretty weak justification...but people keep trying don't they. ?

Go back and read the article again. They were stopped at 8:30 on a Saturday night somewhere near the corner of Gay and E Samford, roughly half a block from Amsterdam Cafe. Now, it's been a hot minute since I graduated from Auburn but I quite honestly can't even conceive of a reason that someone would be stopped at that time of night in that part of town, let alone searched thoroughly enough to discover weed. Unless they were walking down the street blazing away, I'd really like to know why the heck they were even stopped in the first place.

Why? They had illegal drugs. Period. Let's not blame cops which is where your post is headed. SMDH.

The why is a very pertinent question on the difference between a free state and totalitarian state. Now those are extremes yes, but logical extremes. Stop and frisk is illegal, profiling is illegal. In order to be stopped, a cop must witness an illegal act or have probable cause that one is occurring to stop someone. A lot of police officers use smell as probable cause for searching for weed. It's a well known scent in the mind of juries and it cannot be confirmed by any form of later analysis, so it can't be refuted. But even still, smell is only probably cause for a search. To be pulled over the cop must have witnessed them performing an illegal act, and if they weren't (which if they were they should've been given a ticket for it, in this case it looks like they were not) the entire stop is illegal, negating the search and seizure.

Lol. I got pulled over in high school and busted for having alcohol. The reason I was pulled over was running a stop sign leaving a gas station. There are no stop signs at gas stations. Guess what my parents didn't do....claim it was profiling and blame the cops. I've already had one thread locked today for discussing the pathetic irresponsibility and excuse making this society has evolved into. I'll let this one go....

Not one point did I attempt to exonerate these players. Everyone handles their own transgressions their own way. I got popped for an mip for having a beer in my hand when I was 18 walking down the sidewalk to a party. I owned up to it, paid the fine, and went on my merry little way. What happened to you, should never have happened, but regardless you and your parents took ownership of the situation. That's what Gus is gonna have to teach these players to do in this situation. But that doesn't negate, my previous statement. Yes they put themselves in a situation by having the weed on them, but that alone does not answer why the cop pulled them over in the first place. We don't have that answer right now, if it was a legal stop, then so be it, if it was an illegal stop, the charges will be thrown out but the boys will still have hell to pay.

SPIN BABY SPIN.

Let's see we called the spring game a glorified scrimmage to compensate for the same results we saw last two years.

What do we call this? How about for medicinal purposes.

Gus probably riding around in his sports car and lashless off spending that 800k while he can.

Nothing like watching SEC network and seeing what other coaches are doing and all we get is players smoking weed.

Nice effort.

So over 90% of the students smoke pot and only our football players are not smart enough to figure out how to avoid getting nabbed ?

Maybe our recruiting standards are not high enough. :)/>

im currently enrolled in a university, lived on campus my freshman year. I lived with a roommate from my hometown and we stayed in the athletics dorm.

Those 4 players are definitely not the only ones. I hear of people I personally know getting cited/arrested pretty often for weed. Considering how low the percentage of arrests are compared to the amount of times people buy/smoke weed it is pretty much a "damn you got unlucky" type of scenario at this point, unless you're doing something really dumb.

So, 90%+ of Millennials are pot smokers? No wonder they're lazy, shiftless and Bernie Sanders supporters! :-\

SPIN BABY SPIN.

Let's see we called the spring game a glorified scrimmage to compensate for the same results we saw last two years.

Gus probably riding around in his sports car and lashless off spending that 800k while he can.

Nothing like watching SEC network and seeing what other coaches are doing and all we get is players smoking weed.

Nice effort.

You always post like you're drunk.

Some of you are killing me. Next it will be: Why don't we raise taxes and give pot away for free! That will solve everything!

None for me. I'm high on self-righteousness and, that thier Fox News!

I'm watch you call a "real" conservative. You know, a moron.

So, 90%+ of Millennials are pot smokers? No wonder they're lazy, shiftless and Bernie Sanders supporters! :-\

Please be sarcasm.

They did not do any more than a lot of kids their age (including me at that time) do. The problem is they are in the lime light so their offense gets advertised and talked about by a lot of folks that really would not even comment if it was just a regular student. So really it is none of our business or concern. That said they should consider that if they intend to make this game they play a career, incidents like this could prove costly on their net worth. I don't think it has anything to do with the way things are at AU , just typical for this age group. WDE

Why dont these here kids just go two a frat party and drink for galluns a beer like we done did?

Times is changin and it aint four the bettor.

Clemson game is going to be great!

This is why you schedule a cupcake opponent week one. You're going to inevitably have arrests during the offseason. Now what do you do? Suspend the four in a pivotal game against Clemson?

True. It would be hypocritical to not suspend them any at all after suspending Marshall for a half.

I get what you are saying, but that was 2014. Times are changing. Fast. Let the courts do their thing. If they are not incarcerated and able to play, let them play.

Clemson game is going to be great!

This is why you schedule a cupcake opponent week one. You're going to inevitably have arrests during the offseason. Now what do you do? Suspend the four in a pivotal game against Clemson?

True. It would be hypocritical to not suspend them any at all after suspending Marshall for a half.

I get what you are saying, but that was 2014. Times are changing. Fast. Let the courts do their thing. If they are not incarcerated and able to play, let them play.

Also, while it was his first offense at Auburn, it was not Marshall's first run in with the law.

Sorry but I'd much rather our kids kick back and chill smoking that going to bars and party's getting drunk... Alcohol kills and ruins more lives in one year than pot does in 20 years and I do not even smoke!!!! It's a shame which one is legal and which one is is not...

at least these young men were smoking the real thing and not spice like we have forced so many to resort to - - i know i know it's there choice and rules and politics; hell they should have just chose some quality spirit like skoal vodka. i've got no problem w/ the herb clearly it's just the rules of the game.

I love it when our players get busted for marijuana because then we get to see where all the posters stand politically as well... My favorite.

None for me. I'm high on self-righteousness and, that thier Fox News!

I'm watch you call a "real" conservative. You know, a moron.

Keep it in the political forum. Thanks in advance.

SPIN BABY SPIN.

Nice effort.

You always post like you're drunk.

Don't drink and post!

That often....

Its a shame that it is even still a crime in backwoods Alabama. Sorry guys, I love my Tigers, but I live in Oregon. Where recreational marijuana is not only not a crime, but is LEGAL. You can walk into shops in Oregon to buy marijuana like you walk into the ABC stores back home.

Do I feel like college athletes should partake? Personally no, however if the truth be told, if Alabama was even half way caught up to the modern world, the devastating injury RDavis incurred last season SHOULD warrant him a medical card at the least.

This is absurd. Potential 6 months in jail and thousands of dollars fines for what in most states would be nothing more than a ticket. A citation. But nope, can't have that in Gods country. I mean there are still counties in Alabama fighting for their rite to purchase alcohol... There is a problem with the thinking in that part of the country.... Every time I start to miss home, something like this happens and reminds me why I left the state like a bad habit as quickly as I could.

I know I'm gonna catch the wrath for my thinking, but I don't care. Sure it was a knucklehead move by those guys. Carlton Davis especially, but the fact still remains, the problem is with the State of Alabama. Remember Nick Marshalls citation? Thank goodness he was in Georgia because he would of been crucified in good ole Bama.

So at University of Oregon or Oregon State it is ok for their player to possess or smoke marijuana without any punishment from the coaches? Also are there not any conference or NCAA random testing at these schools for marijuana? I don't know so just asking.

I'm on mobile, so I don't know if this will post correctly, but:

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/01/12/3610438/two-oregon-players-suspended-for-national-championship-game-for-smoking-weed/

So to answer your question the NCAA drug tests players in post season. Nevertheless I specifically said I don't think players should do it. I don't think they shouldn't do it because of the marijuana, its the fact that smoking anything isn't good for your body. And we need our guys in the best shape possible. Thats why I don't think they should partake.

Its a shame that it is even still a crime in backwoods Alabama. Sorry guys, I love my Tigers, but I live in Oregon. Where recreational marijuana is not only not a crime, but is LEGAL. You can walk into shops in Oregon to buy marijuana like you walk into the ABC stores back home.

Do I feel like college athletes should partake? Personally no, however if the truth be told, if Alabama was even half way caught up to the modern world, the devastating injury RDavis incurred last season SHOULD warrant him a medical card at the least.

This is absurd. Potential 6 months in jail and thousands of dollars fines for what in most states would be nothing more than a ticket. A citation. But nope, can't have that in Gods country. I mean there are still counties in Alabama fighting for their rite to purchase alcohol... There is a problem with the thinking in that part of the country.... Every time I start to miss home, something like this happens and reminds me why I left the state like a bad habit as quickly as I could.

I know I'm gonna catch the wrath for my thinking, but I don't care. Sure it was a knucklehead move by those guys. Carlton Davis especially, but the fact still remains, the problem is with the State of Alabama. Remember Nick Marshalls citation? Thank goodness he was in Georgia because he would of been crucified in good ole Bama.

So at University of Oregon or Oregon State it is ok for their player to possess or smoke marijuana without any punishment from the coaches? Also are there not any conference or NCAA random testing at these schools for marijuana? I don't know so just asking.

I'm on mobile, so I don't know if this will post correctly, but:

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/01/12/3610438/two-oregon-players-suspended-for-national-championship-game-for-smoking-weed/

So to answer your question the NCAA drug tests players in post season. Nevertheless I specifically said I don't think players should do it. I don't think they shouldn't do it because of the marijuana, its the fact that smoking anything isn't good for your body. And we need our guys in the best shape possible. Thats why I don't think they should partake.

Cheebah Chews?

Archived