The 5 Most Underrated College Football Teams in 2016

SCBusPilot

Tuberville was desperate, he tried hire someone he thought could shake things up and breathe new life into a stagnant offense. Unfortunately the Tubs loyalists were too stubborn to work with Franklin and things went south quickly.

Tuberville was desperate, he tried hire someone he thought could shake things up and breathe new life into a stagnant offense. Unfortunately the Tubs loyalists were too stubborn to work with Franklin and things went south quickly.

Yep. Hugh Nall tanked Franklin and that sealed Tubs fate at AU. And Jacobs handcuffing Tubs on the recruiting trail. Boom.

Indeed. You don't bring in a guy that successfully sells his offensive seminars and then make him deal with assistants that don't want to work with or for him. I've always wondered what we would have looked like after a few years under Tony Franklin, especially if combined with Tuberville's traditionally stout defenses.

Yep. Hugh Nall tanked Franklin and that sealed Tubs fate at AU. And Jacobs handcuffing Tubs on the recruiting trail. Boom.

That Hugh Nall ended up at a trucking company after 2008 really tells you all you need to know.

That Hugh Nall ended up at a trucking company after 2008 really tells you all you need to know.

Nall is/was a great guy. Never seemed like he fit in at AU with some of the other coaches. Always very reserved.

Nall is/was a great guy. Never seemed like he fit in at AU with some of the other coaches. Always very reserved.

He absolutely is a great guy. I live in the Albany, GA area, which is where he went. He was frequently the guest speaker at Albany Auburn Club functions. I think he discovered at Auburn that coaching at this level wasn't for him.

Handcuffed how? Did he cut/limit the recruiting budget?

Handcuffed how? Did he cut/limit the recruiting budget?

Yeah...did he make him choose between duck hunting and recruiting? (I kid, I kid...I hope) ^-^

If we had blogs back from 2004 you could have heard the same crap about how JC was just not an SEC QB and would not play for AU in 2004. After a decade in the NFL to go along with an undefeated 2004 how did that work out ? That was when I was pretty sure that fans gossiping about what they thought about football at AU was about as worthless as breast on a bore pig. WDE

I've compared JJ to Campbell since before he showed up on the Plains, so don't take this the wrong way, but JC showed a lot more positive before his senior year than Johnson has to this point. That isn't to say the light won't come on for Jeremy this season (I'd certainly love for that to happen), but the trend isn't favorable for him.

This site was alive and well back then. I think it was aunation.net or something. People were clamoring for Brandon Cox to start as late in Campbell's career as the first game of 2004 (which we won 30-0 btw -- wasn't he boo'd in that game?) but Rednilla you're right, even with that JC showed us way more success in his first 3 years than JJ has in the same time frame.

Archived