Fort Worth schools jam through new trans policies

TitanTiger

Is the American College of Pediatricians not similar to the American College of Physicians?

They were formed in opposition to the AAP over the gay adoption issue. And they're wingnuts.

Are they considered disreputable?

By anyone with any sense. Wingnut news outlets like Fox and LifeSiteNews love to cite them unironically. The proper response is to point and laugh.

telling tiger beat you to it, but thank you for the answer anyway. I knew nothing about them previously (as in had never heard of them), and was wondering if they'd chosen the name in an attempt to gain legitimacy.

Yes. They did. In the same sense as the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, the Union of Concerned Scientists and Doctors for Disaster Preparedness.

Considering the size (and I assume reputable nature) of the American College of Physicians, I'd say they shot for the Moon when naming their organization.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about federal overreach

http://www.nytimes.c...rooms.html?_r=0

I especially love the part where if any student has a problem with this Brave New World way of doing things, they can go change or use the restroom elsewhere where the privacy they previously had can continue. Again - everyone else should be forced to accept the chosen paradigm and worldview of a few. Effing ridiculous.

It's social engineering bull**** like this that makes it impossible for me to ever support a Democrat for a national office, even though the Republicans exasperate me to no end at times. It's why even though Trump is a disaster, I could never vote for Hillary or Bernie.

I have daughters with at least 5 years of school left to attend. Guess I better start saving up for private school or figuring out a way for us to homeschool. Because if this gets rammed down our gullets, I'm yanking them both the day their school decides that the feelings of some boy who believes he's a girl on the inside get to railroad the safety and privacy of my girls.

I literally felt like there was nothing that would get me to even consider Trump for president. But bull**** like this move from Obama, which would certainly be continued by Hillary or Bernie, is what keeps me from supporting them. And if Trump came out firmly with a stance that he would rescind this directive and replace it with one focused on real efforts to deal with bullying and such of LBGT students, he's going to get people's attention, including mine.

It makes me so angry that the Democrats basically tell anyone with a traditional understanding of the family and human sexuality to go eff themselves by doing these things.

The choices we get in this country in terms of the two parties are basically the worst combination of political views we can get. So. Over. It.

It does not have the force of law, but it contains an implicit threat: Schools that do not abide by the Obama administration’s interpretation of the law could face lawsuits or a loss of federal aid.

Lest there was some doubt before now, public school is the indoctrinational arm of the federal government. Conservatives and evangelicals currently rearranging the deck chairs should start making their way to the life boats. Pietists like Obama (and Jerry Faldwell) always use the same means to accomplish different ends. Thesis. Antithesis.

Titan lots of good points. But you do realize even Trump said people should be able to use the restroom of their choice. So of the three people still in the running non of them have given any indication they would reverse something like this. However, Trump may change his mind on this a few times by the end of the day.

With so many social change issues over the years, many people took the approach of I don't care what others do. Now we are seeing this administration push non-issues to the point we are made to care.

Obama still tops in troll game

Chris Stirewalt

By Chris Stirewalt Published May 13, 2016 FoxNews.com

Pity the public school teacher and administrator who today is trying to deal with the federal decree that children should be allowed to use the washroom or locker room that correlates to their gender identity even if it is at odds with their physicality.

However you feel about public accommodations for those who experience gender dysphoria or at what point you believe a child reaches an age of decision about a matter so fraught, the practical issues here are potentially overwhelming.

Imagine yourself a teacher or principal at an overcrowded, understaffed school already groaning under federally mandated tests and the ever-lengthening demands of local and state officials.

As schools have struggled and failed to meet basic educational goals, they have been freighted with even more duties: to teach “life skills,” nutrition and a school-board approved simulacrum of morality while simultaneously functioning as essentially medium-security prisons for fear of threats both internal and external.

The news Thursday was that you must overhaul not just your potty policies but also those for your sports teams for fear of a federal civil rights lawsuit. Worse, you had to brace for a inundation of alarmed parents. Gender dysphoria may afflict only an estimated three-tenths of a percent of Americans, but 100 percent of your students’ parents will have questions or concerns.

Now, if you believe strongly in biologically determined transgenderism, you may say that the government has no choice but to protect those in that struggle. If you are skeptical about the degree or prevalence of biological determinism in gender dysphoria, you might just think the world continues to go crazy.

But whatever you think, if you’re an educator, even at a private or religious school, you’d better set your sails for the storms to come...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/13/obama-still-tops-in-troll-game.html

To which another pointed out:

Think about it: we already expect so much of our public schools, and now … this? Is it really so important to force schools to let boys play on girl teams, and vice versa, and so forth? Progress, I guess.

And you know who the people are who will most be opposed to this, and most unable to do anything about it, because they have no options? Working-class people. Your Democratic Party, ladies and gentlemen.

Whenever liberals accuse conservatives of waging culture war, I think of things like this and wonder what kind of world they live in inside their heads. Was this a pressing need right now? Did the federal government have to nationalize bathroom, locker room, and athletic team policy, to enforce a highly controversial point of view onto a diverse nation that was never consulted?

------------------------

I can tell you right now, if this gets ramrodded down everyone's throats here in Montgomery, it will be the death knell for public schools around here. They're already teetering but saved ultimately by some truly excellent magnet programs. LAMP, BTW, Baldwin and Forest Avenue are all world class in education. And the other magnet schools are damn good too.

The regular public schools are a complete mess though. Since the mid to late 90s, after some incidents of violence, there was a mass exodus from MPS by parents. Private schools exploded, people moved to neighboring Autauga (Prattville) and Elmore (Wetumpka) counties and those school systems have exploded in growth. Others moved to Auburn where the city schools there are excellent and the parents still commuted to Montgomery if need be. And Pike Road, a once-sleepy town just outside the Montgomery city limits, opened its own city school this year that is not part of the Montgomery County Public School system at all.

The first time some girl finds herself in a locker room with the boy who says he's a girl, it's over. The private school segment will grow even more and homeschooling will become much more popular. But you can kiss the MPS goodbye because the only folks left will be the poor and lower middle class that don't have a choice. They won't be able to sustain the magnet schools with that loss of engaged parents. The best and brightest will mostly be out of the public school system altogether. And ultimately, it won't be pretty for the city of Montgomery which has had a lot of positive things in recent years but continued to have this boat anchor of a public school system weighing it down.

Another tyrannical solution to a non existent problem.

Thanks Obama

The other problem I have with this that distinguishes it from things like, say, Target doing what they did...I don't have to shop at Target if I don't want to. And I could probably plan around the restroom thing with the kids if need be and still shop there. It's not perfect and I think the whole idea is poppycock, but you have options however inconvenient they may be. But kids at school don't. They're mandated to be there, most cannot get through the 7-8 hour day without going to the restroom at least once, PE is mandated in middle and high school and they have to change clothes to dress out for it.

Talk about federal overreach

http://www.nytimes.c...rooms.html?_r=0

I especially love the part where if any student has a problem with this Brave New World way of doing things, they can go change or use the restroom elsewhere where the privacy they previously had can continue. Again - everyone else should be forced to accept the chosen paradigm and worldview of a few. Effing ridiculous.

It's social engineering bull**** like this that makes it impossible for me to ever support a Democrat for a national office, even though the Republicans exasperate me to no end at times. It's why even though Trump is a disaster, I could never vote for Hillary or Bernie.

I have daughters with at least 5 years of school left to attend. Guess I better start saving up for private school or figuring out a way for us to homeschool. Because if this gets rammed down our gullets, I'm yanking them both the day their school decides that the feelings of some boy who believes he's a girl on the inside get to railroad the safety and privacy of my girls.

dayum Titan, I'm proud of ya.....sounds like you may be coming around at least a little bit. Carry on! BTW...not that it matters to ya but, I wholeheartedly agree with every point you made, even the ones about Trump.

Get a load of this. It's from an accompanying document to the letter the Obama Administration sent out:

10. How do schools treat transgender students when they participate in field trips and athletic trips that require overnight accommodations?

Schools often separate students by sex when providing overnight accommodations. Some school policies provide that students must be treated consistent with their gender identity in making such assignments.

So now it's not just about restrooms, or locker rooms, or showers, or sports teams. If a school takes a field trip that's overnight and say, they place 2 to 4 kids of the same sex per hotel room...you're supposed to treat the boy who says he's really a girl as a girl, so he would room with other girls. So it's where they change clothes, shower and even sleep. And if it's like a lot of hotel rooms, you've got two queen size beds. If there are four to a room, one of the girls would be sharing the bed with him.

Madness. Utter madness.

Magnet schools are public too. How do they deal with this?

They'll get roped into the same bizzaro construct as everyone else. And families with the ability to do so will withdraw their kids and put them in private schools or homeschool.

I could even see certain cities or towns with the affluence to do so telling the federal gov't to keep their damn money and creating a wholly local district of some sort, making the implicit thread of loss of federal funding a non-issue.

Magnet schools are public too. How do they deal with this?

They'll get roped into the same bizzaro construct as everyone else. And families with the ability to do so will withdraw their kids and put them in private schools or homeschool.

I could even see certain cities or towns with the affluence to do so telling the federal gov't to keep their damn money and creating a wholly local district of some sort, making the implicit thread of loss of federal funding a non-issue.

Tenth amendment stuff! You can't talk secession if you're on the dole.

Most idiotic & distorted ( lie ) of what's happening with this issue

tumblr_o6fato3nr51qfwfqio1_500.jpg

What's crazier, this or the same comic, except instead holding a birth certificate, the man is wearing a Shania Twain shirt that reads, "I feel like a woman!"

usn's is crazier & far further from the truth. Its not even close.

Spare us your private time fantasy photos, homer. That has zero to do with THIS topic.

Archived