Softball vs. lsu - SEC Championship

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

grounder to 3rd...cooper to rhodes and its OVER. FINAL. AUBURN WIN 7-1 AND wins the SEC Tournament for the 2nd straight year. WAR EAGLE!!!

Miss Cool closes it out in the circle.

War Damn Eagle! Way to go ladies!

Great tournament for the women!! Three of the best teams in the country, 3-0!! Congrats to AU Softball!! Back to back SEC Championships. Oh, and congrats to Tiffany Howard for her 1st career homerun in 475 at bats.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

So proud of our lady Tigers!!

To do what they did against the teams they played, including a double header with 2 top five teams, and limping into the tourney is just so impressive to me. Moreso than last year. Way to go lady tigers. These girls are amazing.

We watched it on the way to NOLA. Other than the lead off batter getting on most innings, the pitching was outstanding. AU took advantage of the LSU mistakes and limited their own. That's how you win these games. Just an all around great tournament and a well deserved championship. Hope it propels them to the WCWS.

Emily Carosone named Tournament MVP. Still can't figure out how she didn't make the ALL SEC TEAM.

CidjD7mWUAADpbv.jpg

Emily Carosone named Tournament MVP. Still can't figure out how she didn't make the ALL SEC TEAM.

CidjD7mWUAADpbv.jpg

I agree. Well deserved Emily!

Great tournament! The most impressive two days for this team ever, in my opinion.

Indeed..and I doubt any team at this level has enjoyed a better day than AU did on Friday...a rare experience to play 2 top 5 teams the same day

Great tournament! The most impressive two days for this team ever, in my opinion.

Indeed..and I doubt any team at this level has enjoyed a better day than AU did on Friday...a rare experience to play 2 top 5 teams the same day

Playing 2 top 5s in 1 day may have happened in the CWS before but not with 1 being your arch rival, playing for the first time all year, and a revenge game against the #1 team in the nation to even the season series.

I am of the opinion that uat is NOT a top 5 team. How in the world can you be ranked #4 nationally (well tied for #4) yet #5 in your own conference? That simply doesn't compute. I know they are good but I believe we are way better. I don't think uat makes it to oklahoma city either. They only reason they were ranked ahead of us nationally is because we lost 4 in a row. They are the only team in the top 8 with double digit losses.

The field of 64 announced tonight at 9PM. Auburn will host a regional and by winning the SEC tournament yesterday should have locked up a national top 8 seed and will likely host a super regional the following weekend.

Archived