Are you still on the Gus Bus?

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still didn't answer the question so I'll rephrase.

What will be your opinion of Gus if we have a solid season this year? We'll call 9 wins a solid season.

i still want him gone. i dont like the man, so no matter what he does i want him gone.

What will be your opinion of Gus if we have a solid season this year? We'll call 9 wins a solid season.

i still want him gone. i dont like the man, so no matter what he does i want him gone.

You don't like him because we didn't beat Georgia last year? Even to the point that nothing will change your mind? That's just nonsensical.

Mmmk.

OK, I got off of the bus during 2015, but by winning 9 or more regular season games consistently (including winning at least 50% of the time against uga, spuat and lsu) starting in 2016, I think Gus would deserve to stay on as HC. Why are you adamantly against Gus now matter what he does and why don't you like him? I have nothing against him personally.

wde

So, results don't matter at all to you. Got it. But since you are so adamant that nothing will change your opinion (which is extremely shallow, IMO) we can only hope you just stay away from the board. I hope Malzahn is here indefinitely if only because of the irrational (fans?) that have no reason at all but want him gone.

OK, I got off of the bus during 2015, but by winning 9 or more regular season games consistently (including winning at least 50% of the time against uga, spuat and lsu) starting in 2016, I think Gus would deserve to stay on as HC. Why are you adamantly against Gus now matter what he does and why don't you like him? I have nothing against him personally.

wde

Well said. I get amused at all the "like/don't like" stuff. He's a coach . He wins, I'm supportive . He doesn't, I want him to get better or get gone. But I wish him no ill personally. Maybe he's a wonderful guy, maybe not. I don't care. Win.

I got off the Gus Bus after last year's Georgia game. Gus managed to lose to one of the worst Georgia teams Richt ever fielded.

thats where he lost me for good. putting white into that game is one of if not the dumbest decision i've ever seen an auburn coach make.

i won't be happy until malzahn is fired.

It was the third dumbest.

1. Not kicking the chip shot FG versus bammer 1984, and opting to try for a TD.

2. Faking a punt deep in our own territory versus Florida in 2002

3. Putting White in

We've had some doozies. Dye and Tubby got better after they did this stupid stuff

One huge thing that should cause you to temper your desire to get rid of Gus no matter what is if Gus should get fired in the next couple of years (no matter what the win-loss record is), then Jay Jacobs will almost certainly hire the next football coach.

wde

One huge thing that should cause you to temper your desire to get rid of Gus no matter what is if Gus should get fired in the next couple of years (no matter what the win-loss record is), then Jay Jacobs will almost certainly hire the next football coach.

wde

Paging Dameyeune Craig...

wde

He's not even an OC, and you want him to be our HC? Let's not get crazy.

wde

Pretty sure he is not saying he wants DC to be HC. I think he is posting that the hiring of DC as HC would be a par for the course hire by Jay Jacobs.

wde

wde

Pretty sure he is not saying he wants DC to be HC. I think he is posting that the hiring of DC as HC would be a par for the course hire by Jay Jacobs.

wde

Correct, glad you got the sarcasm

wde

wde

Correct, glad you got the sarcasm

You can never be too sure with some of the people around here.

So, results don't matter at all to you. Got it. But since you are so adamant that nothing will change your opinion (which is extremely shallow, IMO) we can only hope you just stay away from the board. I hope Malzahn is here indefinitely if only because of the irrational (fans?) that have no reason at all but want him gone.

This....I want Auburn to win and succeed and it doesn't matter to me as to whom the coach is. Therefore I hope Gus stays for the next 20 years just to drive irrational people like this crazy! GO GUS!

THIS ^^^

I'm still on the bus baby! musics rockin and the cold ones are endless

We have two threads for those in the All Things Considered forum. Just sayin'.

Co-signed.

2010 and 2013 both involved unusually talented QBs, very experienced OLs, very good RBs, a legit WR1 surrounded by other WRs who blocked their butts off and could make the occasional play, highly dependable guys at HB/TE and a home run speed guy. Cam Newton is the definition of lightning in a bottle, but that was a solid offensive roster. Other than him and Jay Prosch, those were remarkably similar offenses teamed with solid special teams and middling but opportunistic defenses.

A difference now is that, despite rotating DCs, Gus has been the head guy for several years. That means he has ultimately signed off on all the recruits and, for better or worse, has instituted his culture. Whatever that means, it has to be FAR better than the direction Chizik took us after 2010. The fight we saw out of a mediocre football team last year is evidence of that. Not only were they much better than the 2012 squad... they were much better than the 2011 team. And he should get more help from his defense this year than he ever has at Auburn.

Sorry, rambling as usual. Gus might need a well constructed roster to succeed, but I think any coach does- look at the recruiting rankings of the last 15 or even 20 national champions- and I don't think he has to catch lightning in a bottle.

Edit: And, as others have noted, the 2014 offense was title worthy if it only had a good defense on the other side of the ball. They hung 44 on bama and lost. A fully checked out Ellis Johnson single covered Amari Cooper with a soft cushion the entire game. The season in a nutshell.

Don't worry, the best players are only just other players, our defense can handle top offensive players if we just have a good week of practice...

^Huh?

Sarcastic combination of Ellis Johnson saying "We played Amare Cooper like he was just another receiver." and Gene Chizik saying "Well we had a good week of practice so the guys are really preapred." in 2012.

Archived