Are you still on the Gus Bus?

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About that Kick Six: Coach Tuberville, commenting on the TV broadcast, said the timeout and putting Davis back there was the best coaching move he'd ever seen. Now, after two years, we have people on here saying Gus should get no credit for it. That's just asinine. Nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach.

It appeared to be Gus that had us run one more play in the 2010 BCS game and run the clock down before the field goal so that we didn't have to kickoff to Oregon. Was he smart in 2010 and suddenly not-so-smart in 2013? Some of you Gus haters need to go find a dog to kick.

Who said he shouldn't get any credit for that? Quote me where anyone has said Gus should get no credit for it? Stop being so emotional all the time. I would have the same thought, If a basketball coach would have to be told, "Coach, it would probably be a good idea to foul since we are down by more than one possession, with a few seconds to go." Coaches response? "You know you are right, but let's make sure we foul the worst free throw shooter as well." If it works out, good for him he is seen as a genius. I just figured this would go without saying.

About that Kick Six: Coach Tuberville, commenting on the TV broadcast, said the timeout and putting Davis back there was the best coaching move he'd ever seen. Now, after two years, we have people on here saying Gus should get no credit for it. That's just asinine. Nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach.

It appeared to be Gus that had us run one more play in the 2010 BCS game and run the clock down before the field goal so that we didn't have to kickoff to Oregon. Was he smart in 2010 and suddenly not-so-smart in 2013? Some of you Gus haters need to go find a dog to kick.

You mean Gene Chizik?

Nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach - Mikey

Dang, DAG. Gauntlet thrown down. You quoted the same thing twice and STILL wore Mikey out.

You must hate LBs.

Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion, that with some people, you have to be specifically explicit with your rhetoric. Otherwise, they will say you misconstrued what they meant, they will ignore most of the fine points of your post or try to twist your words around. Quoting it 3xs brings the emphasis to the table!

You mean Gene Chizik?

no Gus stopped Chizik and told him to use the clock up to avoid a kick return. chiz agreed but was not doing this without Gus intervening. Same with the fourth down call in the iron bowl, Gus talked him into it. As far as the kick six. Gus called the TO but said Cheese suggested putting Davis deep. i remember that well.

You mean Gene Chizik?

no Gus stopped Chizik and told him to use the clock up to avoid a kick return. chiz agreed but was not doing this without Gus intervening. Same with the fourth down call in the iron bowl, Gus talked him into it. As far as the kick six. Gus called the TO but said Cheese suggested putting Davis deep. i remember that well.

That's how I remember those plays. Assistants can come up with good ideas, but in the end, nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach. Wait! I already pointed that out, didn't I?

You mean Gene Chizik?

That's how I remember those plays. Assistants can come up with good ideas, but in the end, nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach. Wait! I already pointed that out, didn't I?

So credits goes to Chizik. Smart move on Chizik part to get that done.

Still waiting on those quotes, big guy.

One thing that kind of irks me is that I wish we'd been able to name a starter already.

Our offense will have a completely different identity no matter who starts. (Zone vs passing attack)

And as we saw in 2013, we were not the same team before we found that identity.

I know that competition in order to find out who really deserves to start is important, I guess I'm just saying it would have been nice to have a true leader already

You mean Gene Chizik?

He'll ignore this and you'll never get them

You mean Gene Chizik?

You know this how?

You mean Gene Chizik?

You know this how?

It was either Malzhahn's idea to put somebody deep, and Cheese suggested Davis, or the other way around. Either way....pretty good call.

You mean Gene Chizik?

Read the entire thread, little guy. The innuendos are there, available to all that aren't too lazy to read.

You mean Gene Chizik?

You know this how?

It was either Malzhahn's idea to put somebody deep, and Cheese suggested Davis, or the other way around. Either way....pretty good call.

I'm more so talking about the 4th down call. From my perspective it didn't go that way at all

You mean Gene Chizik?

You know this how?

I'm more so talking about the 4th down call. From my perspective it didn't go that way at all

On the replay it is clear that Chizik made the decision to go for it and then Gus called the play.

But Spurrier found Therezie to be the fish of our secondary and he attacked him at every opportunity in coverage and then the wheels proceeded to just fall off.

. What exactly do you mean by "fish of our secondary"?

But Spurrier found Therezie to be the fish of our secondary and he attacked him at every opportunity in coverage and then the wheels proceeded to just fall off.

I assume he means he bit on play action, pump fakes, etc.

IT'S 2016 GUS IS THE COACH.UNTIL HE DROPS THE BALL LET'S GO FULL THROTTLE AND BACK HIM AND THE STAFF AND THE TEAM! WDE CHAMPIONSHIP RUN! LET'S GET IT!#INGUSWETRUST!

I assume he means he bit on play action, pump fakes, etc.

Thanks for the clarity on that. In my opinion it'd be wrong to try and single out individual players on defense for what happened in '14. The entire defense was inconsistent and at times clueless. Bad mismatches had alot to do with our secondary issues

What AUCoop said. Fish is just a term that a former coach of mine would use to label the weakest link on a team that should be attacked.

Disclaimer: I never played at a higher level than HS

Edit: and it was basketball

What AUCoop said. Fish is just a term that a former coach of mine would use to label the weakest link on a team that should be attacked.

Disclaimer: I never played at a higher level than HS

Edit: and it was basketball

In that case you must have gotten therezie mixed up with mincy

Lol at the disclaimer and edit, Tiger.

Therezie is finding a nice role with the Falcons. He was a good football player put in some tough spots for Auburn. And Mincy was a good cornerback. We had no pass rush and really weak LB play in 2014. That tends to make the backfield look bad.

I agree with therizie but mincy.....I don't know lol. I don't think I saw this dude win a one on one battle more than twice

Archived