Are you still on the Gus Bus?

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminder: WE DO NOT BASH PLAYERS HERE (FORMER OR CURRENT). If that's all you are going to do, don't post at all.

If that was directed towards me my bad Ok. Mincy was awesome! I can't believe he wasn't drafted!

About that Kick Six: Coach Tuberville, commenting on the TV broadcast, said the timeout and putting Davis back there was the best coaching move he'd ever seen. Now, after two years, we have people on here saying Gus should get no credit for it. That's just asinine. Nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach.

It appeared to be Gus that had us run one more play in the 2010 BCS game and run the clock down before the field goal so that we didn't have to kickoff to Oregon. Was he smart in 2010 and suddenly not-so-smart in 2013? Some of you Gus haters need to go find a dog to kick.

You mean Gene Chizik?

Nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach - Mikey

no Gus stopped Chizik and told him to use the clock up to avoid a kick return. chiz agreed but was not doing this without Gus intervening. Same with the fourth down call in the iron bowl, Gus talked him into it. As far as the kick six. Gus called the TO but said Cheese suggested putting Davis deep. i remember that well.

That's how I remember those plays. Assistants can come up with good ideas, but in the end, nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach. Wait! I already pointed that out, didn't I?

yes, I am agreeing with you just adding what I remember.

About that Kick Six: Coach Tuberville, commenting on the TV broadcast, said the timeout and putting Davis back there was the best coaching move he'd ever seen. Now, after two years, we have people on here saying Gus should get no credit for it. That's just asinine. Nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach.

It appeared to be Gus that had us run one more play in the 2010 BCS game and run the clock down before the field goal so that we didn't have to kickoff to Oregon. Was he smart in 2010 and suddenly not-so-smart in 2013? Some of you Gus haters need to go find a dog to kick.

You mean Gene Chizik?

no Gus stopped Chizik and told him to use the clock up to avoid a kick return. chiz agreed but was not doing this without Gus intervening. Same with the fourth down call in the iron bowl, Gus talked him into it. As far as the kick six. Gus called the TO but said Cheese suggested putting Davis deep. i remember that well.

That's how I remember those plays. Assistants can come up with good ideas, but in the end, nothing like that gets done without the involvement of the head coach. Wait! I already pointed that out, didn't I?

So credits goes to Chizik. Smart move on Chizik part to get that done.

Still waiting on those quotes, big guy.

thosse quotes were on the damn post game radio show about the kick six. Then Davis himself said it was Cheese that wanted him on the end line. The other two were obvious to anyone watching the game at the time. He'll go back and check it out.

You mean Gene Chizik?

thosse quotes were on the damn post game radio show about the kick six. Then Davis himself said it was Cheese that wanted him on the end line. The other two were obvious to anyone watching the game at the time. He'll go back and check it out.

This is why I quote things 3x. I was not directing anything towards you. My quotes and SARCASM were directed towards Mikey. Before you jump into a conversation, at least know what you are getting riled up about. This is part of the reason why I did my best to overlook your comments since it comes from left field and has absolutely no substance towards the discourse we were having.

If that was directed towards me my bad Ok. Mincy was awesome! I can't believe he wasn't drafted!

I hope it wasn't directed at you. Hopefully it was a preemptive move.

Wanted to add that, IMO, you're as good at criticizing the players constructively and defending them against the BS personal crap people say as anyone here.

You mean Gene Chizik?

Read the entire thread, little guy. The innuendos are there, available to all that aren't too lazy to read.

Oh so you don't have any. Good misdirection. Nothing to see here. Carry on folks.

Will y'all knock it off or take it to PMs. The back and forth is beyond tiresome.

You mean Gene Chizik?

This is why I quote things 3x. I was not directing anything towards you. My quotes and SARCASM were directed towards Mikey. Before you jump into a conversation, at least know what you are getting riled up about. This is part of the reason why I did my best to overlook your comments since it comes from left field and has absolutely no substance towards the discourse we were having.

thx

You mean Gene Chizik?

Oh but he hates posts that starts arguments...

I hope it wasn't directed at you. Hopefully it was a preemptive move.

Wanted to add that, IMO, you're as good at criticizing the players constructively and defending them against the BS personal crap people say as anyone here.

Yeah just having my family and friends playing big time ball and seeing everything they give to be there I can't just sit back and bash a guy. Like I tell my cuz now it's big time ball and they will hate to love you and love to hate you. But at the same time if you mess up you mess up and people will talk about it.

But once your loved ones get involved you get a different perspective on things

You mean Gene Chizik?

fo

You mean Gene Chizik?

Ehh, I give him a break. I find in these things that you have the realist, you have the spin masters (The mods) and you have the blind followers. Anywho, I am still on the Gus Bus until otherwise. Oh and it is still June. Let's keep that going.

You mean Gene Chizik?

Ehh, I give him a break. I find in these things that you have the realist, you have the spin masters (The mods) and you have the blind followers. Anywho, I am still on the Gus Bus until otherwise. Oh and it is still June. Let's keep that going.

If you really believe that, then its obvious you either don't read here very often or you struggle with reading comprehension. Because, that's not even remotely true.

You mean Gene Chizik?

If you really believe that, then its obvious you either don't read here very often or you struggle with reading comprehension. Because, that's not even remotely true.

Yep I'm a spin master alright.

Yes. I've always thought that you should give a coach at least 5 years. I believe if we could just give him a chance he can prove to be a great coach for Auburn. Last year was sad but you could see throughout the season that this team never gave up. Unlike previous coaching staffs.

I clearly remember when Coach Dye guided this team to an 11-1 season in 1983 that should have been a NC by all accounts within the universe. 1984 & 85 were huge disappointments of which we were picked to be the number 1 team in America. Coach Dye did a super job starting in 1986 that had Auburn as one of the top teams in the country.

I feel that Gus can right the ship starting in 2016 that will have us competing for conference championships hopefully for several seasons. The bammer balloon will burst sooner or later and all will be right in the universe.

You mean Gene Chizik?

Shut up Spin Master!!!

You mean Gene Chizik?

Shut up Spin Master!!!

Lol WDE everyone

drake-1.gif?d600af

augolf (along with Titan on occasion) is the only non-spin master among the M-words on this board.

wde

Archived